Motherwell v St Mirren 16/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, Yodo said:

So u thought he played well?

nope but he wasnt his usual turdige shite,  was also a bit more mobile  but a thought deano had a good game, doing all the dirty doggys chasing the player wi the ball and generall being everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, your reply mr / mrs yodo

22 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Best I’ve seen Big Kev play for a while, midfield still let back line down, would be good to get butcher in midfield as he talks and controls game well, Obika is pish, offered zero, can’t jump doesn’t run to press, and for a big guy can’t even hold up the ball, but Spittal man of the match, must have been at a different game from me, as all he done is put balls out for a throw in.

U must've been at a different game from me,,spittal WAS my man of the match,obika done ok,he helped lighten the load that was put on KVV and maybe that is why we saw him back to some sort of form

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

nope but he wasnt his usual turdige shite,  was also a bit more mobile  but a thought deano had a good game, doing all the dirty doggys chasing the player wi the ball and generall being everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, your reply mr / mrs yodo

He Wis dugshite as u always say u cannae Polish a turd 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

OwWell how good was that tonight?  Miles better certainly from effort perspective but frustrating that effort wasn't their in previous games, anyway moving on.

Goss Spittal and KVV miles better for effort with Spittal excellent.  Butcher and Casey look really good no nonsense signings and young furlong came onto a game. Johnson and Cornelius loads of effort.  Obika for a big man doesn't jump well but good on the ground.  Loved Kelly doing his Allan McGregor impression and time wasting.

My one negative was the booing when SOD came on. Jeez get a grip, I know he hasn't been playing well but are we at the stage where we boo guys wearing our own jersey!! Come on.

And I hope buddies are paying Watt's full wage, jeez a shadow of the player that played for us

Exactly how I saw it,but seems others on here can't see the woods for the trees

Casey was absolute rock in that defence. Well impressed with that performance. Battled with Main  all first half then moved onto Watt who then got subbed as Casey had him in his back pocket. Young max scored a sublime goal and I saw Goss boss a midfield. Won tackles and never shirked a 50/50 ball. Just a shame they couldnt do it for Hammell

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

OwWell how good was that tonight?  Miles better certainly from effort perspective but frustrating that effort wasn't their in previous games, anyway moving on.

Goss Spittal and KVV miles better for effort with Spittal excellent.  Butcher and Casey look really good no nonsense signings and young furlong came onto a game. Johnson and Cornelius loads of effort.  Obika for a big man doesn't jump well but good on the ground.  Loved Kelly doing his Allan McGregor impression and time wasting.

My one negative was the booing when SOD came on. Jeez get a grip, I know he hasn't been playing well but are we at the stage where we boo guys wearing our own jersey!! Come on.

And I hope buddies are paying Watt's full wage, jeez a shadow of the player that played for us

Exactly. Grim. The booing of O'Donnell is bang out 

• Like 1

Thought Butcher and Casey were both superb tonight . No nonsense players with a proper desire to win a football match at all costs. 

Johnston was very good like he has been anytime he has been picked - again desire to do well is clear . Makes a mockery of SOD being picked in front of him by Hammell . 

Goss and Spittals effort levels were unrecognisable to previous matches all season . I still don’t think Spittal will ever make a footballer but fair play to him for running about the way he did tonight and getting an assist. 

KVV showing glimpses of what a player he can be . 

Great 3 points but long way to go . This team is capable of staying up with the right man in charge - tonight showed that and it also showed that there issues under Hammells leadership and management . 

27 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I think it's simplifying tactics, the usual manager bounce, and st mirren being nowhere near as good as folk like to make out. 

Who actually cares? 3 points is 3 points. There was no Hammell manager bounce was there? Apart from one big win over county. 

Over the moon with that 3 points! Massive credit to Kettlewell, the back 3 and matching up against St Mirren worked a treat. Thought all 3 of them stood up really well to the physical threat from Watt and particularly Main. 

Was a bit shocked by St Mirren’s tactics of constant high balls!

Credit to Goss and Spittal (I’d have had neither of them in the starting line up), both played well in spells and certainly much better then they’ve been.

47 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I think it's simplifying tactics, the usual manager bounce, and st mirren being nowhere near as good as folk like to make out. 

Exactly.

What pissed me off listening to BBC on the way home was the pundits harping on about how poor St Mirren had been, hardly a mention of us.

They were as good as we let them be. Came for a battle and got one a bit harder than they probably expected

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

What pissed me off listening to BBC on the way home was the pundits harping on about how poor St Mirren had been, hardly a mention of us.

We were on a hiding to nothing there. In Partick's absence, St Mirren are media darlings in the Premiership.

• Like 2