Motherwell v St Mirren 16/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Dont want to see any off the following starting O’Donnell, Goss, Slattery, Danzaki or Tierney.........

thats what you said, implying you think They are not worth starting ie shite... or did you mean something else?

Way too early to say he's shite. Ineffectual would probably be the best word to describe him so far, but as I''ve said its likely to have been a bit of a culture shock coming half way across the world to an under performing team. Needs time to settle, but should be nursed along from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 12:45 PM, MJC said:

I would drop Kelly and give Oxborough the gloves for this one. Won’t happen though.

And with good reason. The very fact that no one else in the bottom six has conceded less goals than us is in large part down to Kelly. Throw in the absolute dugshit defences he's been playing behind and that fact becomes even more noteworthy.

We've seen enough from him to know that he's solid enough 95% of the time. Now isn't the time to try out another keeper to see if he's any good or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David said:

And with good reason. The very fact that no one else in the bottom six has conceded less goals than us is in large part down to Kelly. Throw in the absolute dugshit defences he's been playing behind and that fact becomes even more noteworthy.

We've seen enough from him to know that he's solid enough 95% of the time. Now isn't the time to try out another keeper to see if he's any good or not.

your right about the keeper situation             but SH shouldv tried the other keeper b4 now, as i said previously nobody knows if heez a randolph   or    a chapman    another one down to stevie

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smiddy said:

your right about the keeper situation             but SH shouldv tried the other keeper b4 now, as i said previously nobody knows if heez a randolph   or    a chapman    another one down to stevie

I'd pencil in Oxborough for league cup games next season to give him first team experience.

This season the only change that I'd make in goal is giving the armband to an outfielder and let Kelly focus on his own performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David said:

He’s been dreadful recently though so have the entire team and perhaps that’s a factor in his dip in form. He won’t be dropped though, only injury will see him lose his place any time soon.

I think that saying he's been dreadful is overstating it a wee bit. He's been left completely exposed by a poor defence way more than he was last season. His distribution has deteriorated markedly though, his pinpoint passing was a real feature when he arrived on loan.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MJC said:

He’s been dreadful recently though so have the entire team and perhaps that’s a factor in his dip in form. He won’t be dropped though, only injury will see him lose his place any time soon.

You too would be soaked if your house didn't have a functioning roof. 

7 minutes ago, couttsy said:

No McKinstry OR Crankshaw! Wonder if he’s going with 3 at the back in Casey, McGinn and Butcher. He said something about tweaking the shape in his interview, and St Mirren normally play with 3 at the back….

I was thinking the same.

Any new manager coming in needs to address our pathetic defensive play so it makes sense to go 3/5 at the back and match up against St Mirren.

22 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

Wtf is Goss doing in training that makes him a continual starter????

At least Kettlewell is trying something different by the looks of it even if im not convinced!!!  In fairness im not paid to be a footy manager

Goss is definitely not a fans favourite but he can pass it , but obviously can't tackle...maybe butcher in there will help 

Cornelius starting, to me , he can't pass or tackle but there doesn't seem the same outcry when he plays....tonight might be his night though