Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

3 hours ago, santheman said:

I don't really see many posts "touting" Kettlewell".

What I do see are posts saying that he has identified where our problems lie and he comes across very well in interviews and puts his points over honestly in language that ordinary punters understand without the usual trotted out clichés. That in itself is a welcome change from what we've had in the last few years.

oh n he doesnt scrstch his head     n    say    disapointed / disapointing

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, santheman said:

I used to be involved with a local Junior (now WOSL) team and the old president who had been there for decades and must have seen 20 odd managers come and go once told me that as soon as he appointed a manager the first thing he did was start looking for another one.

wis it the fissil or the albert ????     or maybe you are traveller n it wiz the gow ??? just curious am trying to work out who you are :)

1 hour ago, Gadgey said:

Either way, he is afforded the protection and tutorage that Hamill never received 

Others will correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I think Stevie Hammell was asked at the recent AGM if he'd want or benefit from an experienced manager/consultant/adviser to help him out and he rejected that out of hand. He also chose Brian Kerr to be his no 2. As far as I know this was Hammell's own choice.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Others will correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I think Stevie Hammell was asked at the recent AGM if he'd want or benefit from an experienced manager/consultant/adviser to help him out and he rejected that out of hand. He also chose Brian Kerr to be his no 2. As far as I know this was Hammell's own choice.

Then Hammell is more of a fool than thought he was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gilmour said:

Ian Holloway.  Will be our next manager. Just a matter now of it being announced. 
should  make him meeting KVV interesting 😂

Is that a personal opinion or a statement based on other inside information, ie has he been seen buying a roll at Upper crust?

5 minutes ago, gilmour said:

Statement based on information. Mind I told you all about burrows before news broke 😉

Fair enough but I hope you've been fed crap info as I personally don't think he would be a good fit for the club, any time he was interviewed before or after games he always came across as a bit of an arrogant arsehole who loved himself.  When he was at Grimsby he never moved to the local area and commuted every day,so I can't see him relocating to the shire, but as he obviously applied for the job, maybe that will change.

Another worry is he's always been at clubs with much bigger budgets and resources than Motherwell so would he cope. If it is to be him time will tell but after the Alexander and Hammell episodes I have no confidence in the board getting this decision right.

49 minutes ago, gilmour said:

Ian Holloway.  Will be our next manager. Just a matter now of it being announced. 
should  make him meeting KVV interesting 😂

If this is true it’s a huge risk! Appointing someone who has never managed in Scotland, won’t know other teams players, styles or formations and with 13 games left he needs to hit the ground running. I’m scared….

34 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Any word on whether he's investing £100,000 in us, like he did in Grimsby Town? Sorry, claimed he would.

Wasn't he suppose to take a place on Grimsby's board too? Perhaps he'll combine the First XI manager's job with being the new CEO.

8 hours ago, El Grew said:

Rhetorical question?

Indeed.

There is no benefit to the board of going for "the cheap option" as they're simply spending the funds we have available. This isn't Mike Ashley deciding he doesn't want to finance a decent manager and keep the money in his own pocket.

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread