Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

3 hours ago, AllyMax said:

You'd have to be a total maddie to think they'll be no jokes about his name.......

Jokes are fine. It's the random kettle references I'm happy to do without. It's about kettle time to put a kettle stop on the mention kettle.

19 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Jokes are fine. It's the random kettle references I'm happy to do without. It's about kettle time to put a kettle stop on the mention kettle.

Please tell me you got the joke and just ignored it?

Otherwise its a "WHOOSH" 😉

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

To be honest I'm rather disappointed in the amount of laughing emojis it got. I was sure it was a winning comment 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The African said:

Guilt by association? Nigel Farage being considered quite poorly by a proportion of he populous.

He's also greatly admired rightly or wrongly by a  proportion of the population.

If we ever come to the point when we disregard someone because of who they talk to or their perceived political allegiances then we're well and truly f****d.

Don't want him but not because of that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Jokes are funny. This doesn't even rise to the level of pun.

It's like someone has failed a word assocation test for "kettle" but keeps repeating it. 

Nobody felt the need to write "ham" every 4 words when Hammell was in charge, but "kettle" seems to have induced some sort of mass psychotic event. 

Maybe Derren Brown is recording a domestic appliance special I'm not aware of, otherwise I can only assume Russell Hobbs has paid some influencers to start posting on football sites. 

I'd rather watch Mrs Brown's Boys Kettle Special episode than see more random kettles on here.

This is a serious matter that deserves serious consideration. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, santheman said:

He's also greatly admired rightly or wrongly by a  proportion of the population.

If we ever come to the point when we disregard someone because of who they talk to or their perceived political allegiances then we're well and truly f****d.

If nothing else, the fact that most politicians are polarising would point to a lack of judgement, especially when in the process of applying for new positions. I’d say the same if he’d gone round to Jeremy Corbyn’s for tea.

Should it discount him from being appointed? No. Should it be mentioned within the bounds of that consideration? I don’t honestly see why it shouldn’t.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The African said:

If nothing else, the fact that most politicians are polarising would point to a lack of judgement, especially when in the process of applying for new positions. I’d say the same if he’d gone round to Jeremy Corbyn’s for tea.

Should it discount him from being appointed? No. Should it be mentioned within the bounds of that consideration? I don’t honestly see why it shouldn’t.

Agree. There's politicians and there's politicians.

I'm happy to sit down with you and argue the toss about social housing policies or banking regulation and still have a pint and be friendly.

There are some issues, however, where there isn't much room for nuance. I wouldn't, for example, want us to hire a racist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

It's like someone has failed a word assocation test for "kettle" but keeps repeating it. 

Nobody felt the need to write "ham" every 4 words when Hammell was in charge, but "kettle" seems to have induced some sort of mass psychotic event. 

Maybe Derren Brown is recording a domestic appliance special I'm not aware of, otherwise I can only assume Russell Hobbs has paid some influencers to start posting on football sites. 

I'd rather watch Mrs Brown's Boys Kettle Special episode than see more random kettles on here.

Confirmed weeyin madelein mccann woosh moment

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Confirmed weeyin madelein mccann woosh moment

Whoosh implies I missed something amusing. 

If someone satisfactorily explains the "joke" I'm ready to listen.

I guarantee nobody can, because it is literally not funny. 

So have at it. Tell me why I'm wrong. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

What? Who? Ah Dyson you say :meeting:

9 hours ago, santheman said:

Good post San. There should be no cancel culture associated with our club. Keep politics out of it.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m in two minds if it is Kettlewell. Yesterday was head and shoulders above the performances under Hammell but it is only two games with a new manager bounce, we had the same with Hammell.

You wanted rid of Hammell fairly early doors.

If its not Kettlewell, which of the other 2 do you prefer?

Personally, Im not enthused by either, so Id give it to Kettlewell, but only until the end of the season.

If he is able to maintain the run and keeps us up he gets it for longer.

5 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m in two minds if it is Kettlewell. Yesterday was head and shoulders above the performances under Hammell but it is only two games with a new manager bounce, we had the same with Hammell.

Fair dues but the board can't win here....if they don't give it to sk now, they're would be an outcry 

Personally I am happy for him to get it to the end of the season, he can't do much more....he's maybe not the fashionable name but hes done above and beyond

He is benefitting from the players hammels brought in , whether hammel could've got the same performances , well never know

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Whoosh implies I missed something amusing. 

If someone satisfactorily explains the "joke" I'm ready to listen.

I guarantee nobody can, because it is literally not funny. 

So have at it. Tell me why I'm wrong. 

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

I hope it's McCann purely on the basis that I don't want to read any more kettle references. 

You'd have to be a total maddie to think they'll be no jokes about his name.......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

I’d think that if we don’t go with SK then Dundee Utd possibly will. 

We went with Alexander and Killie went with Wright the season they got relegated and we stayed up. We made the right chose there. So hopefully will do again.

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Good post San. There should be no cancel culture associated with our club. Keep politics out of it.

Hear, Hear!

Opposing someone from joining our football club because of their political leanings, views or associations is very Celtic/Green Brigade type behaviour. 

Personally I couldn’t care less if we appointed the illegitimate love child of Ian Paisley and Margaret Thatcher, if he came in and did a good job for us then that’s all that matters.

• Like 2

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread