Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

One of footballs good guys, very capable coach as well. Highly thought of everywhere he’s been.

I’ve no doubt he’ll be well liked by the players and will be a brilliant buffer between players and manager.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mio said:

One of footballs good guys, very capable coach as well. Highly thought of everywhere he’s been.

I’ve no doubt he’ll be well liked by the players and will be a brilliant buffer between players and manager.

Certainly has an impressive CV at youth and senior levels.

Feels like a very good appointment.

Plenty of experience.

Its amazing how quickly things can turn around in a couple of weeks.

Need to make sure we dont lose on Saturday. Then we can look forward to the run in with more confidence.

1 minute ago, davkel said:

Ketts must have a great chance of winning Manager if the Month for the games he was in charge in February ..

Would get my vote anyway..

Be difficult to give it to anyone else other that Postecoglu and he's got plenty!

8 hours ago, davkel said:

Ketts must have a great chance of winning Manager if the Month for the games he was in charge in February ..

NO, it’s a bloody curse of a thing.

20 hours ago, davkel said:

It’ll go to Postecoglou, even although he has the easiest job in the league. 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I see that Stephen Robinson getting touted for the Hearts job, but I would think that Hearts would certainly be also considering our Stuart. Whether or not he would be seriously considered I am not sure but I bet you the Hearts board will be looking at his record with us.

I wouldn't expect Kettlewell to be linked, he is only 7 games into his well career which of course so far has been excellent. I think Robinson would be someone they would be tempted to go for

21 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I see that Stephen Robinson getting touted for the Hearts job, but I would think that Hearts would certainly be also considering our Stuart. Whether or not he would be seriously considered I am not sure but I bet you the Hearts board will be looking at his record with us.

Binning Neilson was a feckin ridiculous decision, yes they are on a bad run, but they are only 2 pts off 3rd with 7 games left and an Edinburgh Derby to come on Saturday. Unless there are other issues we don't know about Neilson had plenty of time to turn it round.

Hearts still think they are a bigger club than they are, so I can't see them going for managers like Robinson or Kettlewell especially not at this point in the season,they will bring in Levein or someone like that to see the season out so they deserve all they get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Binning Neilson was a feckin ridiculous decision, yes they are on a bad run, but they are only 2 pts off 3rd with 7 games left and an Edinburgh Derby to come on Saturday. Unless there are other issues we don't know about Neilson had plenty of time to turn it round.

Hearts still think they are a bigger club than they are, so I can't see them going for managers like Robinson or Kettlewell especially not at this point in the season,they will bring in Levein or someone like that to see the season out so they deserve all they get.

Totally agree , bad recent run though was shocked to hear Nielsen was sacked. 

Definetly think Robinson will be a contender,  Kettlewell I don’t think will be a serious consideration due to the fact he has only been in charge 7 games 

Hopefully they go for Levein as he is more their level

13 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Totally agree , bad recent run though was shocked to hear Nielsen was sacked. 

Definetly think Robinson will be a contender,  Kettlewell I don’t think will be a serious consideration due to the fact he has only been in charge 7 games 

Hopefully they go for Levein as he is more their level

Football is bonkers.  Nielson has been an outstanding manager over a sustained period of time. Whether they finished 3rd of 4th - who cares. They should be happy with that.

In terms of Robinson , he's found his level at St.Mirren and suspect like at Motherwell he'll struggle next season.

In terms of Kettlewell - he's in a honeymoon period.  Can't imagine Hearts would entertain it at this stage. 

I suspect hearts will go for a much bigger name and quite frankly they'll have to if they want someone better than Nielson. 

Just now, wellsince75 said:

Football is bonkers.  Nielson has been an outstanding manager over a sustained period of time. Whether they finished 3rd of 4th - who cares. They should be happy with that.

In terms of Robinson , he's found his level at St.Mirren and suspect like at Motherwell he'll struggle next season.

In terms of Kettlewell - he's in a honeymoon period.  Can't imagine Hearts would entertain it at this stage. 

I suspect hearts will go for a much bigger name and quite frankly they'll have to if they want someone better than Nielson. 

Strange decision but I think problem more to do with Neilsons personality. I remember when he left Dundee Utd to go to Hearts, my mate who is dun utd fan said that most fans were delighted he had left.  I am sure he will get another job soon. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Strange decision but I think problem more to do with Neilsons personality. I remember when he left Dundee Utd to go to Hearts, my mate who is dun utd fan said that most fans were delighted he had left.  I am sure he will get another job soon. 

Neilson has a personality ?   You're bang on form as always with the jokes @grizzlyg

• Haha 2

I could be wrong (I often am), but if Hearts hire a permanent replacement rather than a body until the end of the season, I'd guess they go for someone from outside our league.

Then again, Chelsea brought back Lampard, so who knows?

On 4/10/2023 at 1:36 PM, weeyin said:

I could be wrong (I often am), but if Hearts hire a permanent replacement rather than a body until the end of the season, I'd guess they go for someone from outside our league.

And hopefully they quickly crash and burn upon doing so, heralding a return to the Stendel/Levein/Cathro era.