Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

I actually think the suggestion of Neil Warnock could be a good shout. Very experienced manager with a good track record of helping clubs out of trouble. If you can get past the Mrs Doubtfire impersonation he could be our next Craigy Broon! Whether he would be willing to do the job for what we pay and with the resources at our disposal is another matter. 

Just now, wellfan said:

Just because I don't have the perfect answers to the issues at play doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to express a view on them on a public forum. Don't be so defeatist and challenging. A magical fairy certainly isn't going to appoint a permanent CEO, so, of course, I have to accept that it may well be the current Board who selects a potential CEO, as the Board isn't going to sack itself in the morning, is it?!

First up, just to be clear - at no point have I suggested you shouldn't be able to express a view on here. Where did you get that from?

What you see as being defeatist and challenging, I see as being realistic. No, the board won't resign in the morning. Will any CEO they appoint recommend they go? And if they did bugger off, who replaces them?

Others have said it often enough - if Motherwell want a better standard of player being managed by an experienced boss who is currently doing well elsewhere, it's gonnae cost money. I don't know the details of our current financial position, but I'm betting there's no that much hidden under the bed, so outside investment will be needed if the club is to go down a different path. Would it be negative to suggest that looks unlikely?

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

I actually think the suggestion of Neil Warnock could be a good shout. Very experienced manager with a good track record of helping clubs out of trouble. If you can get past the Mrs Doubtfire impersonation he could be our next Craigy Broon! Whether he would be willing to do the job for what we pay and with the resources at our disposal is another matter. 

If Warnock would consider slumming it with us then id pick him up and drive him straight through the doors of Fir Park myself!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

If Warnock would consider slumming it with us then id pick him up and drive him straight through the doors of Fir Park myself!!!!!!!!!

Apparently his missus loves Scotland and she always wanted to live up here.

Not sure ML1 was what she had in mind though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

ah but can neil warnock make fuckin theo bair a goalscorer ???    that is the question  if he can i will go with you to pick him up :)

8 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

He’s 75yrs old with cataracts, he’s perfectly capable of driving through the main doors of fir park himself 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

First up, just to be clear - at no point have I suggested you shouldn't be able to express a view on here. Where did you get that from?

What you see as being defeatist and challenging, I see as being realistic. No, the board won't resign in the morning. Will any CEO they appoint recommend they go? And if they did bugger off, who replaces them?

Others have said it often enough - if Motherwell want a better standard of player being managed by an experienced boss who is currently doing well elsewhere, it's gonnae cost money. I don't know the details of our current financial position, but I'm betting there's no that much hidden under the bed, so outside investment will be needed if the club is to go down a different path. Would it be negative to suggest that looks unlikely?

I think we could both agree that there is a very fine line between defeatism/fatalism and realism. 

It doesn't have to be extreme; surely we can have something better without requiring significant investment because it can't go on as is and we don't have a magic money tree.

To be clear, I wouldn't trust the Board to employ the right persons to fix the toilets in the stadium, but they're currently the only Board we have. So, and perhaps I'll be wrong on this, we do need them to employ a semi-competent and football-minded CEO who will hopefully negate their need to get overly involved in footballing decisions anymore. Then the mistakes of the recent past and present may finally become mistakes of the past, not to be repeated again and again, again. 

I was willing to give him til the St Mirren game but after i witnessed that line up  i knew it was time to go.

So its a case of getting rid the now and start the process cause i see no difference from having Kettlewell in the dugout or whoever wants to take over next couple of games.

Rather take a hit right now than 3 weeks into the transfer window time for the board to wake up and read the room.

2 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Why ? Lennon took an all conquering Celtic team to 2nd against a poor Rangers, losing the chance of 10 in a row with the biggest budget in the country. What about his past record with any club suggests he'd be a good manager anywhere ?

I agree, don't know where the myth about him being a good mgr came from, that's as well as all the other baggage he has

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I think we could both agree that there is a very fine line between defeatism/fatalism and realism. 

It doesn't have to be extreme; surely we can have something better without requiring significant investment because it can't go on as is and we don't have a magic money tree.

To be clear, I wouldn't trust the Board to employ the right persons to fix the toilets in the stadium, but they're currently the only Board we have. So, and perhaps I'll be wrong on this, we do need them to employ a semi-competent and football-minded CEO who will hopefully negate their need to get overly involved in footballing decisions anymore. Then the mistakes of the recent past and present may finally become mistakes of the past, not to be repeated again and again, again. 

We could surely have signed better players in the summer, probably for the same money, but how much better I don't know. The league's full of players who wouldn't have got a game 10 years ago and I doubt it's bottomed out yet. 

Now we're about to bin our 3rd manager in 2 seasons, so there's more money that could be spent on players that will be needed in January gone. I really hoped he could at least limp through till the end of the season, but tonight must've put paid to that.

His time is up. Failed at County. Failing big time here. Clueless doesn't begin to describe him. Any manger making 5 tactical subs in a game has lost the plot and is just desperately trying anything. If it was any other club rather than the Mickey Mouse team and set up we have become he would have been sacked right after the game. County did it with Big Malky and got Adams. Not saying he is a great manager but he has 635 games under his belt and has won four promotions. Kettlewell has 60 games as a manager.  We are simply becoming a joke club. Our squad, board and manager are nowhere near good enough to be in the Premier League. 

• Like 2

I can offer no suggestions as to who our next manager will or should be but it is patently obvious that changes and a fresh approach are needed. In this respect we must stop going back to ex-players as coaches or appointing from within because it has not, and is not working.

• Thanks 1

Serious questions need to be asked about the standard of playing level because something isn’t sitting right and this can’t and mustn’t be allowed to linger on. Change is badly needed and quickly before more people start to lose interest especially for many of us as money is tight with the cost of living and going to football isn’t cheap.

9 hours ago, wellfan said:

No doubt the Board will promote from within again and we'll be in the same position again next year. 

That’s exactly what will happen unfortunately. It’ll be Frail, Clarkson or Foster or a combination of all three.

26 minutes ago, MJC said:

That’s exactly what will happen unfortunately. It’ll be Frail, Clarkson or Foster or a combination of all three.

If thats the case, there really is no point in sacking SK.

We better buckle up!