Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Just now, Dossertillidie2 said:

Look at our results over the last 20 games now, including a cup exit. Yet folk staunchly defending him.

lost 4 inc Scottish cup in a row last season and we sacked our manager

manager before that got us top 6 and we sacked him as well.

Make it make sense to me please 

For context I thought sacking Alexander was the wrong move. However I'm not going to apologise for backing Kettlewell. I've never shouted for any manager to be sacked 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villageman said:

No the reply was to Wellgirl but the point is the season so far I consider to be unsuccessful both in our league position, style of football, and our determination to stick with it. As tonight showed it is so easy to negate.

I see no point in sacking him now, neither do I have any optimism that the style will improve.

I get that we have two opposing opinions on this forum classed as "points off the top six and points off relegation" 

My opinion is that we should wait till the end of the season to judge. If we did finish 6th, which is as good as it'll get, I wouldn't consider that a sacking offence. Obviously, you feel it is.

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I didn't suggest it would lead to a surge in confidence. You said it would lead to an inevitable battering to our confidence. Why is that inevitable?

It's inevitable because I think it is.

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

By that logic, surely the 2 league wins in 20 would've given them the kick up the backside they need...

Is it ok to disagree about the team and Kettlewell? You think I dont know how many wins we've had this season? Does it need to be repeated back all the time?

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, you think that's what inevitable means.

I know what inevitable means. For example, you'll inevitably respond to many of my posts here to bait me with inane questions that seem to serve your need to be right on every point you choose to challenge. It's enjoyable; well done. If only Kettlewell had your tactical nous. 

We’ve got a new chairman and CEO coming in soon, they’ll have their own ideas but I would be surprised if SK’s contract is extended. We need a manager with a stronger tactical awareness to get the best out of mediocre players at our budget level. Kettlewell can’t do it, he’s too inexperienced. No idea who would take on that challenge though.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I know what inevitable means. For example, you'll inevitably respond to many of my posts here to bait me with inane questions that seem to serve your need to be right on every point you choose to challenge. It's enjoyable; well done. If only Kettlewell had your tactical nous. 

Asking why our confidence will inevitably be battered as a result of this is not an inane question. Neither is questioning statements baiting.

I don't claim to be right, because I have absolutely no idea how this result will affect the team. Apparently, you do.

16 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Asking why our confidence will inevitably be battered as a result of this is not an inane question. Neither is questioning statements baiting.

I don't claim to be right, because I have absolutely no idea how this result will affect the team. Apparently, you do.

I don't claim to be right either. I said above that I think it’s inevitable that the bad result will adversely affect confidence. Given the state of our season, I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption to make. I certainly didn't declare my assessment to be a fact, but you felt the need to question that viewpoint, and here we are. 

1 minute ago, wellfan said:

I don't claim to be right either. I said above that I think it’s inevitable that the bad result will adversely affect confidence. Given the state of our season, I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption to make. I certainly didn't declare my assessment to be a fact, but you felt the need to question to question that viewpoint, and here we are. 

If you state something is inevitable, you're saying it's certain to happen. You think it will have a negative effect on the team's confidence, I'm not sure how it'll affect them. Can anyone say it's a certainty?

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If you state something is inevitable, you're saying it's certain to happen. You think it will have a negative effect on the team's confidence, I'm not sure how it'll affect them. Can anyone say it's a certainty?

56 minutes ago, wellfan said:

It's inevitable because I think it is.

SK's primary issue is not having a decent plan B and being able to adjust mid match. 

Last night become obvious by 20 mins that we were being outfought.We should have changed formation in first 25 mins.

He waited until we were 2 down - that's a huge error.  

Then just brought on 3 strikers when it was obvious we had to break them down. 

There's a lot the manger does well and he has people playing for him but his in game mgt is poor. Hence the amount of draws & defeats. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tamwell said:

We’ve got a new chairman and CEO coming in soon, they’ll have their own ideas but I would be surprised if SK’s contract is extended. We need a manager with a stronger tactical awareness to get the best out of mediocre players at our budget level. Kettlewell can’t do it, he’s too inexperienced. No idea who would take on that challenge though.

I agree to a point Tam, but Dougie Imrie is hardly what you'd call an experienced manager but he had our tactics and set up well and truly sussed.

• Like 1

I have been in, and am still in the camp to get rid of SK, his again shown lack of tactical nouce n complete inability of have a plan B yet again so well shown last night in that shit show performance, but the  financial mess we are in after spending a reported £1 million on a pitch that’s a mess, money on a women’s team that does sweet feck all for the club, n shite recruitment  dictates we can’t afford to sack SK, we have to just hope that we get 10th, get rid of the dross that’s taking a bigger wage the Obika, Kelly, and Odonnell’s of this world, and try n sign Gent on a perm deal, resign Slattery and pull out the stops to resign Spittal n extend McGinn who have been our best players n if someone offers money for Bair punt him, he’s scored 8 but missed at least 20 sitters, he’s just not a natural centre  forward.

Anyway enough of my moan and here’s hoping for 10th this season n move on to next year…with a CExec, new manager n new recruitment chief!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Been kettlewell fan and defended him a lot but he cocked up badly tonight.  Obika ahead of Nicholson,? Jeez.   But we all make mistakes so not jumping on get rid of him bandwagon 

That was his one huge mistake last night. Game was crying out for a wee bit of creativity. Obika was not the replacement that was needed at that time. Massive error on Kettlewell’s part.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I agree to a point Tam, but Dougie Imrie is hardly what you'd call an experienced manager but he had our tactics and set up well and truly sussed.

Agree Imrie is not an experienced manager, but he is very experienced in the "Accies" style football Morton played last night.

7 minutes ago, Villageman said:

Agree Imrie is not an experienced manager, but he is very experienced in the "Accies" style football Morton played last night.

Yes, Morton's performance last night had "Accies" stamped all over it. They made us play a game that suited them and dragged us into a physical scrap. SK hadn't a clue as to how to change it. 

9 minutes ago, Villageman said:

As I posted last night, Kettlewell was completely outfoxed by Imrie. Everyone but he could see it after 20 minutes. He's so one-dimensional he's as good as useless. 

10 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

He pointed it out himself it was our 3rd game in 6 days and he only made one change to the squad. Mental. 

What would the uproar on here be if he had changed the team after wining 5-0 on Tuesday and we had the same result!!!