2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

As long as the fee gives us the funds to replace his goals otherwise we have slit our own throat. 

We better not hear that we need to watch Shields and Obika run into each other because we're skint. 

Half expecting a video titled ‘Unleash the Beek’ to surface on our Twitter page to confirm that Obika is our new No.9 for the new season. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, johnny71 said:

Van veen getting a medical at Gronigen is the only transfer news at the moment apart from Obika who resigned,always an anxious time of the year i hope Kettlewell gets it right .

Harry Paton has signed as well ..

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Highly doubt it’s to replace him but we’ve currently taken Josh Fowler on trial from Beith they won the WOS Premier and he scored 32 goals last season, only 21 years old. 

Seen the boy play a few times last season and caught my eye every time. Good to see he's getting a chance at the big time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, santheman said:

Seen the boy play a few times last season and caught my eye every time. Good to see he's getting a chance at the big time.

As did a few of us.

Good player at that level. Lead the line when they turned big spending Darvel over last time I seen him - do you think he’s capable of the step up?

8 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

As did a few of us.

Good player at that level. Lead the line when they turned big spending Darvel over last time I seen him - do you think he’s capable of the step up?

I think with a proper pre season to get his fitness levels up to par and some professional coaching he could well do.

Maybe the SPL is a bit of a stretch at this stage of his career but could certainly hold down a spot in a Championship team imo.

3 hours ago, santheman said:

I think with a proper pre season to get his fitness levels up to par and some professional coaching he could well do.

Maybe the SPL is a bit of a stretch at this stage of his career but could certainly hold down a spot in a Championship team imo.

As have said he’s been very good this season, only time will tell if he’ll hack it at this level still pretty young and not worse than we’ve had. 

Stalled on plenty other offers from SPFL clubs at championship, L1 and obviously plenty teams lower as well as a chance at Dubai but he has a higher ceiling than lower leagues here and obviously fancies his chances to take the chance of a trial than a guaranteed contract.

Also, KVV scored 2 more league goals in his last 11 games than Moult has scored since he left us mid 2017/18 season.

Sadly, due to his injury situation, I don't think he has much left to offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Anyone know why Louis Moult couldnt come back to us ? Sure at one point he even offered to play for free but Kettlewell said it was unlikely due to funding lol 🤔🤷‍♀️ Would love to see him back again if he isnt injured

Because he’s crippled by injuries and has been almost since he left us over five years ago now. We knew this last August but still took a gamble on him by giving him a season long loan deal which we ended up cutting short in January because he’d contributed very little apart from his presence in the treatment room during his return. No harm to the guy personally but he’s done. We took a chance on him last year and it didn’t work out, so we move on.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 9:04 AM, Kmcalpin said:

Where did you see this?

There was a picture posted the other day with the players returning to training and one player has his back to the camera and is partially blocked by another player. On social media, a lot of people jumped to the conclusion that it was Harry Paton but it is actually Ewan Wilson.

Pleased for Grimmy.

Was a really decent pro and a genuinely nice lad.

Obviously still in the championship, but at a bigger club with a real chance of coming back up to the Premiership.

Should benefit him financially and career wise.

• David locked this topic