2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

I like efford, he played in the friendlies, so maybe we're being careful with his minutes.

I wonder if he fits into our style now. He played out wide for us a lot, but I'm sure he was a center forward when we signed him, so you'd think need need him. Saying that, if Ferrie is going to get serious minutes this season, then the likes of efford become costly backups.

I think he said himself that he prefers to play at the back now, and I think our system suits him. It also looks like we want our midfield to be mobile and cover a whole lot of yards, which would definitely expose Butcher.

It will be inetesting to see who gets the nod for that spot until he's back. Does casey move to the middle? Or is it between lamie and bevis?

14 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

It will be inetesting to see who gets the nod for that spot until he's back. Does casey move to the middle? Or is it between lamie and bevis?

Don't forget Maguire can play central defence too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Did I really hear him say that he feels we have enough in midfield, it's just wide areas and up front? 

god I hope not.  I thought it would be the other way round. 

We only have 6 midfielders on our books and that includes Tierney who's more of a forward. 

Maguire, Miller, Spittal, Slattery, Tierney & Paton.   

13 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

god I hope not.  I thought it would be the other way round. 

We only have 6 midfielders on our books and that includes Tierney who's more of a forward. 

Maguire, Miller, Spittal, Slattery, Tierney & Paton.   

Wide area could be wing back, obvously looking for a couple of forwards as well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Scott Burns had posted a bit of a teaser, no club mentioned but he posted the character from the Jungle Book named King Louie. A rumour that might cause a few to have an aneurysm.

If it's Moult, I'm not sure it's meant for us. For the longest time, Louis's Instagram profile pic was him in his Well top, I'm sure even as late as Saturday past. Changed to a family pic now.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

He should help balance out the sash away kit, at least.

Very true :lol:

Though I heard a rumour today that we are looking at ex Hearts and Dundee Utd player Billy King, so that might tip the balance back the other way. (I didn’t really hear that btw, but it would be genuinely hilarious to watch some of the reactions to us signing a ‘Billy King’ just as we brought out a ‘sash’ kit. Some people’s heads would probably explode :lol: )

7 minutes ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

If it's Moult, I'm not sure it's meant for us. For the longest time, Louis's Instagram profile pic was him in his Well top, I'm sure even as late as Saturday past. Changed to a family pic now.

My head will probably explode if we re-sign Moult. We tried it last year, it didn’t work out, he’s done. We need to move on.

I was hoping we would have got furlong back but considering we're likely to have a few young boys in and around the first team this season having an experienced internationalist in the squad won't be a bad thing.

20 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I would assume that means we are not getting Furlong then. Good experienced left back so hopefully a good addition 

Sounds good to me as well Grizzly.  Good experience with some quality teams. 

Wonder if this means others will move on - lots of jersey fillers in our squad. 

• Thanks 1

He has decent experience so it'll be interesting to see what he brings. If we are planning on starting two wing backs in their 30s I don't think we'll be seeing much football played this season. 

Getting a decent striker in still has to be the priority and we should be nowhere Moult. Dundee United would be ideal for him.

Yeah I’ve said it many times before but it would be absolute lunacy on turbo if we signed Moult again. Even by our standards that would be absolutely mental. The guy is done, crocked, finished. It cannot and must not happen. We need players who are able to contribute, not a guy who has spent the last five years on the treatment table.

• David locked this topic