2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Another left back 😞 he seems to be a decent prospect the lad but again it’s a loan deal. 
the boy Wilson looked better than soare and definitely better than mcginley. I’d have liked to have seen him get some time on the park, I’d hate to see this boy farmed out like Max Johnson was. 

2 minutes ago, mio said:

Another left back 😞 he seems to be a decent prospect the lad but again it’s a loan deal. 
the boy Wilson looked better than soare and definitely better than mcginley. I’d have liked to have seen him get some time on the park, I’d hate to see this boy farmed out like Max Johnson was. 

He's only 18. He would be better out on loan if Kettlewell doesn't trust him yet. 

10 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

This guy Gent is only 19 can he trust him anymore?

He turns 20 next month. 

The highlights I saw of Gent he has pace and a good left foot. He hasn't played any first team football so we don't know if he can defend but Kettlewell has presumably watched video of full matches he's played in PL2 and seen enough to think he adds something.

13 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

This guy Gent is only 19 can he trust him anymore?

We’ll soon find out. I imagine Wilson is being handled in such a way to allow him to further develop (likely out on loan) to be our first choice option in the future. 

23 minutes ago, santheman said:

Good signing on paper.

Tall, athletic, pacy and can play anywhere on the LHS with a wand of a left foot apparently.

Hopefully he gets a couple of games under his belt to acclimatise before people pass judgement.

Really!  How long have you been on this forum? You know better. 😅

• Haha 2

So with that our squad for the season is

Kelly/Oxborough/Connelly

SOD/Spencer     Mcginn/Mugabi/Butcher/Casey/Blaney    Gent/Souare/Wilson

Miller/Zdrowski/Slattery/Paton/Spittal

Wilkinson/Bireth/Efford/Obika/Shaw

Where do you think we'll finish?

I'll be optimistic and say 6th

• David locked this topic