2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Here's a thought .... could the Moderators set up a separate thread called "I wan't to b*tch about the Club, coz I could run it so much better", transfer all the comments from this thread to it and leave this thread to be for rumours (and the occasional fact) as to who we are about to sign?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, coldonmac said:

Here's a thought .... could the Moderators set up a separate thread called "I wan't to b*tch about the Club, coz I could run it so much better", transfer all the comments from this thread to it and leave this thread to be for rumours (and the occasional fact) as to who we are about to sign?

Sorry mate, too many sentences for you to scroll past? 

41 minutes ago, coldonmac said:

On that point another thread idea, " mjc predictions" ...so I can avoid the inevitable

" we won't this one" weekly scenario 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, coldonmac said:

I think discussing the club's transfer policy, past and future, is fair enough in a thread set up to discuss transfers, in and out. 

Rumour wise, what've we got to talk about? Moult (obviously bollocks) and Van Veen.

2 hours ago, David said:

I know, I apologise 😂

Analytics and stats are something I do for a job, so when you couple it with football I could talk (or type!) for hours.

good on yi   personally i couldnt type that much or my finger would be fecked 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, coldonmac said:

Not at all. However I do find it interesting that rather than discuss the point raised, you chose to respond with an insult.

I didn't actually mean that as an insult, I was being honest, it is too many words to scroll past! As I said in my previous post, I have a love for the analytics and data. I happily admit that I can drone on about it. Just be thankful you're not one of my mates in the pub! 😂

SK said we'd be looking to bring in one or two in january, which isn't a surprise. Where would you see us adding someone?

My assumption is a defender and a midfielder based on our current situation. Ideally a midfielder with some mobility, and a defender that can do what Butcher did last season.

I don't think we have any loanees coming back, nor the option to break any of our loans (not that I'd want to).

Can't realistically see any outs when we're sticking three kids on the bench each week. Could we lose any of our guys that are in their last year?

19 hours ago, fizoxy said:

SK said we'd be looking to bring in one or two in january, which isn't a surprise. Where would you see us adding someone?

My assumption is a defender and a midfielder based on our current situation. Ideally a midfielder with some mobility, and a defender that can do what Butcher did last season.

I don't think we have any loanees coming back, nor the option to break any of our loans (not that I'd want to).

Can't realistically see any outs when we're sticking three kids on the bench each week. Could we lose any of our guys that are in their last year?

I don't think we'll see any defenders unless we ship some out tbh. I'd expect a hard tackling box to box midfielder on loan and hopefully a right sided full back that the manager trusts to be effective going forward as well as back.

With all the debate about Kelly at the moment, it was interesting to listen to the chat in Clyde SSB tonight about Craig Gordon. The chat was about him perhaps heading out on loan in January - if that’s the case, would it be worth a punt? 

12 minutes ago, Erskine Alpha said:

I would take McCrorie from Rangers he seemed like a good keeper when he was given the chance and his contract is up in the summer 

Heard him mentioned about being out of contract too; might have his sights set higher than us tbf

9 hours ago, Erskine Alpha said:

Maybe he might see the value in game time with us with a view of improving his chances of a bigger move further down the line. Sitting in the squad a Rangers won’t put him in the shop window for a bigger club to be looking at him in my opinion 

To be fair, thats why Oxborough came here. Hasn't done him any good though

If the club wants it, this summer could really be a watershed moment and a changing of the guard so to speak.

The following players are out of contract:

• Liam Kelly
  • Aston Oxborough
  • Bevis Mugabi
  • Stephen O'Donnell
  • Paul McGinn
  • Calum Butcher
  • Callum Slattery
  • Blair Spittal
  • Jonathan Obika

I'd be looking long and hard at how the club has performed throughout the above player's stays and would argue that there's very little reason to offer any of them an extension. 

Now is as good a time as any to get that new Director of Football or CEO in, and have them implement a style and philosophy of play and recruitment before we make any decisions on extensions or player recruitment. 

• David locked this topic