2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

There's a lot of pressure on Nick Daws and Stuart Kettlewell right now. The club has been caught with its pants down over Biereth. We have a fortnight to bring in about 5 bodies who are not just half decent but can hit the ground running. Its a tall order. So far the quality of names being linked with us aren't inspiring (possibly Monty excepted), as Melvin has said.   

SK mentioned in his presser that all year long loans have recall clauses. That being the case hopefully they're not one sided i.e. Oli Shaw.

23 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Luckily for us, there are other teams in this league.

Sadly that’s all we’ve got to cling to, that other teams can be slightly more shite than us. Like I said, we have nothing to look forward to as a club.

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

There's a lot of pressure on Nick Daws and Stuart Kettlewell right now. The club has been caught with its pants down over Biereth. We have a fortnight to bring in about 5 bodies who are not just half decent but can hit the ground running. Its a tall order. So far the quality of names being linked with us aren't inspiring (possibly Monty excepted), as Melvin has said.   

SK mentioned in his presser that all year long loans have recall clauses. That being the case hopefully they're not one sided i.e. Oli Shaw.

Don't know if we can say club has been caught out here. If Arsenal can recall him, then that's their right. The club found him and I am sure they're actively on it for replacements, definitely had a lot of bad luck with injuries, bad luck doesn't last forever.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

Sadly that’s all we’ve got to cling to, that other teams can be slightly more shite than us. Like I said, we have nothing to look forward to as a club.

I'm looking forward to seeing who we get in and the game on Saturday... ketts seems a positive guy who doesn't do social media..you should try both

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The past 18+ months have very much been a protracted amateur hour. We can only hope that Livi remain worse than us because there have been absolutely zero signs to suggest that our management and recruitment personnel will either improve themselves or be improved by others. 

We are a mess, on and off the park.

Going all the way back to July 2022 we have been operating in a shambolic manner with ridiculous recruitment and managerial appointment decisions. Alan Burrows jumping ship when he did is now starting to look like he very much saw the writing on the wall and got out before the shit well and truly hit the fan and a year on we are nowhere nearer to finding a replacement for him.

On the park we have been dreadful this season and that lies at the door of the manager and head of recruitment. That, along with our horrendous luck with injuries this season and now the loss of our only good player definitely looks like the die is cast for us and we are going down this season.

• Like 1

Can't really blame Arsenal. Biereth came here, got injured and then returned to a team on a 74 game run without a win. If they're looking for him to develop, not surprised they bundled him into the back of a van on Airbles Road...

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Can't really blame Arsenal. Biereth came here, got injured and then returned to a team on a 74 game run without a win. If they're looking for him to develop, not surprised they bundled him into the back of a van on Airbles Road...

Must be a world record! 74 games without a win and still not relegated. 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Just go and support someone else please nothing possitive to say ever what a miserable person you are

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Of the teams sitting 12th to 5th, only Aberdeen have a better 'last 5 games' points tally than us.  You can't just look at us in isolation.

I happened to be sitting next to a senior SFA official on a flight yesterday and he told me we're going to a 14 team league with an 8/6 split 'sooner rather thn later'.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MJC said:

We are a mess, on and off the park.

Going all the way back to July 2022 we have been operating in a shambolic manner with ridiculous recruitment and managerial appointment decisions. Alan Burrows jumping ship when he did is now starting to look like he very much saw the writing on the wall and got out before the shit well and truly hit the fan and a year on we are nowhere nearer to finding a replacement for him.

On the park we have been dreadful this season and that lies at the door of the manager and head of recruitment. That, along with our horrendous luck with injuries this season and now the loss of our only good player definitely looks like the die is cast for us and we are going down this season.

Burrows surely has to take some responsibility for that given that he was the CEO. Yeah we've had a horrible run of injuries but Biereth is not Motherwell's only good player. He's exceptionally talented but he's not the only decent player we have. We've been in this position before many times and I genuinely wish we weren't again but if we go down so be it. Its happened to plenty of other SPL clubs. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its not Motherwell's fault that Arsenal recalled Biereth. They clearly have the right to given that he's their player. 

12 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Its not Motherwell's fault that Arsenal recalled Biereth. They clearly have the right to given that he's their player. 

Correct, but it's Motherwell’s fault that they’ve signed so much shite that they've then had to rely on a loanee to keep their heads above water this season so far. And it looks like they've been blindsided by Arsenal, who are known for recalling players, which further suggests to me that they're at fault for now being short of strikers, currently. When you look at the whole, and not just the Biereth situation, it's all very amateurish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Correct, but it's Motherwell’s fault that they’ve signed so much shite that they've then had to rely on a loanee to keep their heads above water this season so far. And it looks like they've been blindsided by Arsenal, who are known for recalling players, which further suggests to me that they're at fault for now being short of strikers, currently. When you look at the whole, and not just Biereth, it's all very amateurish. 

We also signed a striker who has scored one goal less than our star loanee and as many or more goals than any player outwith Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. It's amazing what we can choose to ignore when it comes to our own team.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

It's not necessarily our fault, but if we were 5th in the league playing free flowing football and he was developing he'd still more than likely be here.

As it is we have 1 win in however many games and he spends half the game chasing trademark Stephen O'Donnell floaters into the channel all alone with minimal help. It's no wonder Arsenal recalled him.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but our top flight status hangs on Theo Bair continuing his two match good form for the rest of the season. All the while we have a CEO or whatever he is focusing on a fucking YouTube video where some wee kid begs Taylor Swift for money.

We've also got a great young left back really coming onto a game, and our young right back departs. What do we do? Sign another right back to fill that slot? Nope sign an identical left back to the one we already have.

We are a fucking shambles. A fucking shambles.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Just go and support someone else please nothing possitive to say ever what a miserable person you are

I’ve supported Motherwell FC for well over 30 years and I have no intention of stopping now, even if I do believe we are in dire straits. So I won’t be going anywhere to support anyone else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

It's not necessarily our fault, but if we were 5th in the league playing free flowing football and he was developing he'd still more than likely be here.

As it is we have 1 win in however many games and he spends half the game chasing trademark Stephen O'Donnell floaters into the channel all alone with minimal help. It's no wonder Arsenal recalled him.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but our top flight status hangs on Theo Bair continuing his two match good form for the rest of the season. All the while we have a CEO or whatever he is focusing on a fucking YouTube video where some wee kid begs Taylor Swift for money.

We've also got a great young left back really coming onto a game, and our young right back departs. What do we do? Sign another right back to fill that slot? Nope sign an identical left back to the one we already have.

We are a fucking shambles. A fucking shambles.

Spot on and kettlewells comment at the start of the season about hanging is hat on bair might just be about to come true,scary times ahead I think.

2 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Don't know if we can say club has been caught out here. If Arsenal can recall him, then that's their right. The club found him and I am sure they're actively on it for replacements, definitely had a lot of bad luck with injuries, bad luck doesn't last forever.

Just pure shite signings have us in this mess and nobody on the board wae baws tae sack the manager who should have been gone months ago 

27 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

We also signed a striker who has scored one goal less than our star loanee and as many or more goals than any player outwith Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. It's amazing what we can choose to ignore when it comes to our own team.

Looking at your defensive response to the posts that criticise the manager etc., I'd be intrigued to see you try to defend the reality that is one win in 4.5 months, or do you choose to ignore that like you suggest I dismiss what you've pointed out? The former is the bigger picture here. 

46 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Pish, the big English Premiership clubs like Arsenal are ruthless in situations like this they have no problem with recalling a player then immediately sending him out on loan elsewhere. You can guarantee if Biereth is off to Sheffield Wednesday as mentioned they will be paying more if not all of his wage than we did so a financial benefit to Arsenal who don't give a feck about the effect recalling the player has on other teams.

So it would not have matterd if we were 5th as you say and playing well the recall would still have happened.

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If we lose on Saturday he'll have to go.

Hopefully we have plans in place for signings if that happens.

Zero chance we ditch him, regardless of results on Saturday.

I'm glad to hear you have new found confidence in the recruitment plans though after a few seasons of posting they are all incompetent.

• David locked this topic