2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Young lad that did well at Partick Thistle a couple of years back and was highly thought of before moving to Dundee where he did alright.

Reports that we might be looking to bring James Scott back to Fir Park from Exeter (who themselves are apparently going for Joel Nouble). The report saying that St. Mirren, Dundee and Ross County are also interested. Would be pretty happy if we managed to sign him personally.

Zak Rudden is an ex Sevco youth player who was farmed out to various teams, including St Johnstone and Falkirk.  He didn't cut it at Ibrox, and was signed by Partick. He did quite well there and reportedly we were interested.  He then signed for Dundee where he has been ok but no better, according to a Dundee supporting neighbour.  He assesses him as being a decent Championship standard (Morton, Ayr etc) but thats it.

James Scott? If money is an issue (and it might not be for all we know) then we will be bottom of the queue of the 3 other Premiership clubs mentioned. Thats, if, we are indeed interested.

Callan Elliot signed until the end of the season. A full back apparently and a New Zealand internationalist.

I won’t lie, my initial thought when seeing his name was that it was Callum Elliot and I’ve still got bad memories of loaning him under Malpas in 06/07 :lol:

On 1/21/2024 at 1:48 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Started off very well when he first broke through but failed to develop. Not up to  Dundee's standard apparently.

He’s played 271 games for Dundee and was awarded a testimonial earlier this season 31st in all time appearances …. Docherty obviously doesn’t fancy him… always looked tidy enough when he’s played against us

Rudden again surplus to requirements after Mains arrival……… thought he had a good game against us in December 3-3 draw ……I’m sure we were in for him when he was at the Jags but Dundee offered him more dosh 

Kwould have went for Rudden before Main……..is he better than what we’ve got ????

On 1/21/2024 at 1:48 PM, Kmcalpin said:

Started off very well when he first broke through but failed to develop. Not up to  Dundee's standard apparently.

19 minutes ago, 2plus8 said:

Does anyone know who this is training with the first team? I thought it might’ve been Callan Elliot, but not 100% sure. I’m hoping he’s a 30 goal a season striker 

IMG_7339.jpeg

Looks like a young Carl McHugh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Zak Rudden is a haddy.

Cammy Kerr is another no.

Why don't you call a Trolls meeting with Yodo, and MJC a put together a list of any players you all find acceptable and ok to sign, that would save you labelling every player linked with Motherwell as pish.

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Why don't you call a Trolls meeting with Yodo, and MJC a put together a list of any players you all find acceptable and ok to sign, that would save you labelling every player linked with Motherwell as pish.

Aye we'll add Tony Docherty to the group as well since he's getting shot of them at the first opportunity. 

There are 9 days to go but our signings and the guys we are being linked with are of a poor standard. 

• David locked this topic