2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

My understanding of the Van Veen situation is that it's a loan so wages probably not the issue here so much as how much each club can contribute. So it might be Groningen that decides rather than Van Veen himself...

Gronigen won't decide the decision will be KVV if Gronigen don't like one clubs offer but like anothers KVV will only go if it suits him. Gronigen cant force him to go anywhere.

James Forrest looking to go out on loan to get game time? I think I’d be happy getting a hold of him til the end of the season. He’s 34 but he’s still managed to get a few goals this season having only played a couple of games.
Might also stop the wee fker scoring against us.

• Haha 1

You would have to think we were interested in van veen,if that's the case I hope we're not putting all our eggs in the one basket,we can't afford for this to drag on all day then potentially miss out.

20 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

My understanding of the Van Veen situation is that it's a loan so wages probably not the issue here so much as how much each club can contribute. So it might be Groningen that decides rather than Van Veen himself...

From the BBC gossip page today, so it looks like they are up for selling him, there's obviously been a fallout there between KVV and the club. So if there's a transfer fee involved, that's us fecked.

Groningen are willing to listen to offers for 32-year-old former Motherwell striker Kevin van Veen. (RTV Noord)

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

From the BBC gossip page today, so it looks like they are up for selling him, there's obviously been a fallout there between KVV and the club. So if there's a transfer fee involved, that's us fecked.

Groningen are willing to listen to offers for 32-year-old former Motherwell striker Kevin van Veen. (RTV Noord)

Makes us selling him at that price a really good move. There’s no doubt he has ability but he is a big huffy sod and can be a bit unreliable. I wish him well and I’d have taken him back on loan but buying him again or any club buying him at his age is a big risk. Good luck to him.

30 minutes ago, MJC said:

They can I’m afraid. Whether they will or not remains to be seen but if it comes down to us or St.Mirren for KvV then he will go there for the simple reason that they would be able to offer him more money than we could. 

How much more can they pay than us  do you think?

I wouldn't think more than 1 maybe 2k / 3k a week.

There's only 17 weeks till end May that's only max 50k surely to fuk we can't lose him to st mirren for that.

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Unless we write off a portion of the money owed to us by Gronigen.

1 minute ago, mio said:

Makes us selling him at that price a really good move. There’s no doubt he has ability but he is a big huffy sod and can be a bit unreliable. I wish him well and I’d have taken him back on loan but buying him again or any club buying him at his age is a big risk. Good luck to him.

Not only that, but he signed a deal with them until 2026. There's no way we can match the salary he's getting there, so if he's leaving permanently then he'll surely be looking for more than we can give him?

A loan would be different, of course, because he'd still be getting the salary he agreed with Groningen, with us contributing.

54 minutes ago, mfc said:

According to the times,we're one of the clubs interested in adam devine from rangers.

That would be gd signing. Right footed but has played on left for rangers so cover both sides and young with potential. 

22 minutes ago, mio said:

James Forrest looking to go out on loan to get game time? I think I’d be happy getting a hold of him til the end of the season. He’s 34 but he’s still managed to get a few goals this season having only played a couple of games.

I'd really like this to happen also. His professionalism , knows how to win and better than any of our attacking players makes it a no brainer if it was at all possible. He maybe thinks he can make euros squad.

4 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

I'd really like this to happen also. His professionalism , knows how to win and better than any of our attacking players makes it a no brainer if it was at all possible. He maybe thinks he can make euros squad.

If he knows anything about Steve Clarke and the criteria he has for picking players, he'd be asking his agent to find him a move to an English Championship team then. 

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

Because with stats like Vale has probably hoped it wasn’t for real . Let’s see what the experts on here think of Vale happy clappers every one 

Rolling out that phrase again........snide as feck.

3 minutes ago, David said:

If he knows anything about Steve Clarke and the criteria he has for picking players, he'd be asking his agent to find him a move to an English Championship team then. 

Like Stephen O'Donnell?

39 minutes ago, mio said:

Would definitely take him on loan if it was a possibility.  Bags of experience 

21 minutes ago, David said:

Yep because championship players in England other than some of our big 2s players are mostly better. Clarke has gave some from up here games I.e gallagher findlay considine etc god he even gave brophy the centre forward role so that I think can put that argument to bed.

29 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Like Stephen O'Donnell?

You telling me you think Forrest has a chance of making the Scotland team by coming to Motherwell? Or any other Scottish club for that matter?

Well that was disappointing. Woke up to the hot topic only to find no additional signings yet. Some good names among the rumors though but then again not sure if there’s any substance in the rumors or if it’s just wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, David said:

You telling me you think Forrest has a chance of making the Scotland team by coming to Motherwell? Or any other Scottish club for that matter?

If Forrest is playing regular football anywhere he has a chance of making the squad.

He is 34 and a known quantity for Clarke. The squad currently has no wide players available and you would think he would take at least 1. If Harvey Barnes ever gets fit and declares for Scotland he might get the call, but at the moment it would be Forrest or Ryan Fraser who might still be on the naughty step.

Re Forrest to Motherwell, would certainly offer something different and allow us to mix things up a bit. Although we could also solve that problem by getting in another left back and playing Gent in advanced role.

15 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Latest KVV off to Kilmarnock, if he signs for them I'll say "beware the badge kissers" if he signs for us I'll be a hypocrite and says "always loved him" .. if he signs for St Mirren he's just a cunt😂😂😂😂😂

He really needs to think about whether that pitch at Killie will be good for his old knees.... :)

3 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

That's a separate issue, number of starts. You said two goals in fourteen games like he'd started every game. But when you're called out on it, you move the goalposts. It's now not about how many goals he scored, it's about how many games he started is why he's 'shite'. 

Which is what you're talking...

Bit like yersel 

20 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If Forrest is playing regular football anywhere he has a chance of making the squad.

He is 34 and a known quantity for Clarke. The squad currently has no wide players available and you would think he would take at least 1. If Harvey Barnes ever gets fit and declares for Scotland he might get the call, but at the moment it would be Forrest or Ryan Fraser who might still be on the naughty step.

Re Forrest to Motherwell, would certainly offer something different and allow us to mix things up a bit. Although we could also solve that problem by getting in another left back and playing Gent in advanced role.

Dont think thats going to happen unfortunately as according to one of the resident stattos over on P&B  you're only allowed one loan player from another SPL club so as we've apparently retained the registration of Montgomery and not cancelled the loan, we can't get anyone else on loan from Celtic.

7 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

He really needs to think about whether that pitch at Killie will be good for his old knees.... :)

I'm actually quite relaxed if he doesn't come to us. There are no guarantees he would be the same player that left.. look at Jake Hastie. If he came I'd be quite happy but if he doesn't I don't think it's as big a deal as some of our fans may think.  Look how many folk were desperate for us to sign Louis Moult and he's already showing signs at Utd that his injury issues ain't behind him. Qué Sera Sera....

• David locked this topic