Hibernian v Motherwell 01/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

14 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't want to harp back to the past  but I can't help wondering what might have been if we'd changed managers another month or so earlier. All water under the bridge now. Just grateful that SK has really turned things around. I know that we've brought in some decent additions but I think the original squad wasn't as bad as some thought. A decent performance today. 

100 percent believe we be pushing for top 6 and to think a fair few folk on here were still shouting for SH to still get a chance after the Raith game blows my mind.

Signings and all it wouldn't have made a hoot of difference we be down with Dundee Utd seeing who went down automatically.

I always said we had a squad sadly and none of those players gave up during SH reign they were used as the punch bag to deflect from the club legend badge when in truth SH and BK were utterly useless at first team management.

Sounds harsh but it's facts.I mean some folk still have constant digs at KVV FFS take away his league goals and we have less goals than Ross County lowest in the league I think.20 goal seasons to this point and a fan base that's having  a go at you week in week out it's pretty unbelievable.

• Like 2

The players for whatever reason appeared to down tools under Hammell, especially from the WC break any way. The change in effort from KvV, Spittal, Goss and even McGinn has been night and day since the change of manager. I don’t know what went on under Hammell but I think it’s safe to say he had lost the dressing room.

• Confused 1

Really solid performance yesterday. There is no doubt that Kettlewell has galvanised us by finding a way of playing that suits the group and that the players are buying into. The upturn in form from a number of players is significant. Time to let the Hammell stuff go. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but he is gone now and the team are doing better. Just be happy with that, eh? 

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Really solid performance yesterday. There is no doubt that Kettlewell has galvanised us by finding a way of playing that suits the group and that the players are buying into. The upturn in form from a number of players is significant. Time to let the Hammell stuff go. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but he is gone now and the team are doing better. Just be happy with that, eh? 

Aye let’s leave SH patter alone.

COYW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Another good result for us today. Keep it together the next two games and we might be able to secure our safety prior to the split. 

You have to go back to the season we were in the playoff to find the last time 33 points wasn't sufficient to avoid relegation/playoff spots.

Even 3 points out the next 9 should be plenty, but would be good to keep things going with another 2 home wins.

18 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You have to go back to the season we were in the playoff to find the last time 33 points wasn't sufficient to avoid relegation/playoff spots.

Even 3 points out the next 9 should be plenty, but would be good to keep things going with another 2 home wins.

agree - onwards and upwards please.   We have some positive momentum and to be fair would love to see us peg Livi back. Id like to think we're a better team than them.    

On yesterday's performance the hoof ball tactic has gone,Sean Goss as quarterback had options all over the park,no one is hiding behind players anymore, everyone is want in on it, no pass forward,fine,I'll give it to my back 3 and we try again,I've not seen a performance like that for years,and I think that is all down to the formation and maybe a bit of belief and confidence that must surely all come down to kettlewell and long may it continue 

Most enjoyable game and performance in an age, pass marks to everyone on the pitch. 

Goss should be offered a new contract IMO. it's clear (to me at least) that he's usually the best player on the pitch when we line up against a team that tries and play football and leaves the midfield wide open. He's not so effective against teams that shut up shop. SK at least noticed this and subbed him off against County and Kilmarnock, where we ended up taking points. 

Cornelius was also great, a nuisance in the midfield that just grafts and forces people into mistakes. I wouldn't bring Slattery back into the team for now. Butcher, Casey and McGinn overall looking very reliable at the back. 

Watched the highlights about 10 times and it was very satisfying.