Hibernian v Motherwell 01/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

That's Van Veen's 20th goal of the season in all competitions.

Off the top of my head I think only two other players have managed that at the top level since I started going to matches in the early 80's.

Higdon and Sutton of course.

The mental thing is he should probably have 25 or even 30 considering the chances he's missed. 

GA is a bawbag' but Kev was some signing. Scoring then immediately squaring up to the opposition goalie is tremendous. 

• Like 1

Just now, steelboy said:

The mental thing is he should probably have 25 or even 30 considering the chances he's missed. 

GA is a bawbag' but Kev was some signing. Scoring then immediately squaring up to the opposition goalie is tremendous. 

Hope he didn't get booked for it,. His cheap bookings really frustrate me

6 minutes ago, BettySwallocks said:

That is a tremendous result. 

Best result of the season! Even better than the win at Pittodrie in August imo because the significance of that puts a fair bit of daylight between us and Ross County in 11th. And winning at Easter Road will never not be enjoyable. 😁

5 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

He did a lot more than save a pen for Scotland once, saw him save Scotland in a few games 

To be honest, the penalty save is the only thing I can remember him for.

That and him getting caught miles off his line against Czech Republic in Euro 2020.

5A98CAFE-07DE-4CBB-BE4E-A2CB7DE64E11.jpeg

• Like 1

Another great win

Pleased for the everyone at the club who have backed and bought into Kettlewell's approach, who tookover at a difficult time

Pleased to see van Veen hit 20 goals now, think it was only a few weeks ago we were still seeing comments like "get him to fuck" 🙄

Disappointed to see Mandron lose his record of always scoring twice every time he's started for us

The Kettle keeps on boiling. A great result today at a historically difficult ground. KVV, Goss, Furlong and Cornelius the pick of the crop for me but really it was an all round team effort. We're scoring with some lovely free kicks. A huge result that puts pressure on our rivals and also draws St Johnstone into the mix. 

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

The Kettle keeps on boiling. A great result today at a historically difficult ground. KVV, Goss, Furlong and Cornelius the pick of the crop for me but really it was an all round team effort. We're scoring with some lovely free kicks. A huge result that puts pressure on our rivals and also draws St Johnstone into the mix. 

Kettle producing the goods when the chips are down.....ba boom

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Kettlewells formation and set up has really worked wonders , equally the signings of Butcher and Casey have made a significant difference to our defence. 

Nice to see more daylight between us and the bottom clubs. 

Come across as strong personalities needed to help set the standards on the pitch and in the dressing room

• Like 1

Definitely. Either Butcher or Casey should be club captain as they have both shown in the short time that they have been here that they are both ‘leaders’ on the park, something that we have lacked previously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Definitely. Either Butcher or Casey should be club captain as they have both shown in the short time that they have been here that they are both ‘leaders’ on the park, something that we have lacked previously.

Casey captain for me 

• Like 1

Terrific well deserved 3 points. Was a bit skeptical beforehand with our poor record there but great result. Still plenty room for improvement, had few chance to play in players on goal but not quick enough and our crosses into their box were very poor. On the plus side I thought Cornelius had one of his best games in a Well shirt. Aside from the goal defense looked pretty solid. We played some good stuff and thought we showed a lot more composure on the ball than we have all season. No shock but when your midfield all play well, the result is a much better team performance and always nice to see a good performance AND a good result which is what many people have been crying out for. COYW!!!