Hibernian v Motherwell 01/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Hibernian v Motherwell 02/04/2023

Traditionally difficult venue for us even when in good form. They are on an upwards trajectory as well, so we will need to play very well to get anything out of this one. A point would be a good result. Hopefully Obika is back or Mandron is fit to start so we can unleash the true Cosmic Kev!

This is a must not lose game, 3 points would be brilliant but coming away with a point would keep  the momentum going as Dundee untd play Rangers, Killie v Hearts and Ross County v Celtic so a win could potentially put us 11 clear of bottom spot, and 9 from 11th.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

This is a must not lose game, 3 points would be brilliant but coming away with a point would keep  the momentum going as Dundee untd play Rangers, Killie v Hearts and Ross County v Celtic so a win could potentially put us 11 clear of bottom spot, and 9 from 11th.

Pretty much my view Allan. A point wouldn't be the worst result and would  keep the momentum going as you point out. Hopefully too some of our injured and unfit players will be in a better position. I see we play St Patricks in a closed door bounce game today, so that should help one or two get fitter. 

Yep a draw would be good and obviously 3pts even better. No Slattery for this one which just my opinion is no great loss. Most booked player in premiership. Just be a case of replacing him with obika or Mandron though I wish we could fit McKinstry into the formation. Had been playing really well but kettlewells formation makes it difficult for us to fit him into team

Now Hibs have a slight sniff of third place there's a good chance they will Hibs it. It might not be in this game, but put a bit of pressure on them early on and we'll find out.

Biggest factor will be how many players we injure during the international break.

(Special mention to Lee Johnson who is the only manager I've heard be vocal about how terrible plastic pitches are and how they should be nowhere near the top division).

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

can anyone elaborate on the KVV rumour on P&B that heez allegadly heading to china before our next game vs hivs ??   apoligies if its been discussed i have been working and just catching up

Aye! And you’ll be working even more the next couple of weeks! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smiddy said:

can anyone elaborate on the KVV rumour on P&B that heez allegadly heading to china before our next game vs hivs ??   apoligies if its been discussed i have been working and just catching up

No you must have misheard , he’s heading up to China One in Wishaw for a meal to watch the Scotland games with.

• Haha 1

When we were absolutely shite and getting pumped each week the only thing that stopped us getting stranded at the bottom was the other three being equally as shite. I expect that to continue and for us to pull away now we have caught a wee bit of form.

1-1 with the other 3 getting beat before a couple of very big home games. 

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Hibernian v Motherwell 01/04/2023
On 3/24/2023 at 12:43 PM, Spiderpig said:

Hopefully your run of bad predictions continues and we get a positive result ....( for future info, positive means you want your team to do well and win 🙂)

I hope so too, though I must point out that I correctly predicted that we would lose to Rangers the other week. (And yes I know, bigger club, bigger budget, all those glory hunters behind them, it’s easy to predict a loss in that type of game yada-yada-yada. But I was right regardless on that occasion.)

Our record against Hibs is dreadful, something like one win in the last eleven meetings and I don’t see that changing on Saturday I’m afraid. We are absolutely not out of the woods yet by any means and we need other results to go our way this weekend and we also need maximum points from the home double header coming up before we can start relaxing a bit.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:52 AM, MJC said:

I hope so too, though I must point out that I correctly predicted that we would lose to Rangers the other week. (And yes I know, bigger club, bigger budget, all those glory hunters behind them, it’s easy to predict a loss in that type of game yada-yada-yada. But I was right regardless on that occasion.)

Our record against Hibs is dreadful, something like one win in the last eleven meetings and I don’t see that changing on Saturday I’m afraid. We are absolutely not out of the woods yet by any means and we need other results to go our way this weekend and we also need maximum points from the home double header coming up before we can start relaxing a bit.

You have also predicted for years now that we will get relegated, we are doomed, certain for the drop etc. We haven’t been relegated in 30 odd years, and you never come in and say you were wrong. But good job on getting the Rangers prediction right!

• Haha 1

I've bought tickets online through my MFC ticket account for the Hibs game, and now I have to drive to Fir Park before 4 pm today to collect them! Why on earth can't we be emailed tickets with QR codes?! This is 2023, yet clubs are still succeeding in making it stupidly difficult and expensive for fans to attend games!

3 hours ago, wellfan said:

I've bought tickets online through my MFC ticket account for the Hibs game, and now I have to drive to Fir Park before 4 pm today to collect them! Why on earth can't we be emailed tickets with QR codes?! This is 2023, yet clubs are still succeeding in making it stupidly difficult and expensive for fans to attend games!

Did you just buy them today? I get them posted for £1 but that would have a cut off of Wednesday probably.  They have QR codes on the tickets, electronic delivery would be better.

All very quiet. Hopefully the break has given Kettlewell some time to have the players work on how he wants the team to play. While they could all do with improving their skills their bigger issues are tactical awareness and decision making. Him and the players have made good inroads to increasing the intensity and work rate so keep that up and improve other areas and we have a chance to relax a bit after the split. Easier said than done, I know. 

13 hours ago, wellfan said:

Couldnt agree more, I live in Perth and ordered mine on Monday, Still havent came and my Ross county tickets got sent to the wrong address. Having to dance to this jig actually puts me off going to away games

22 hours ago, wellfan said:

Did exactly the same yesterday. It’s bizarre that some clubs Utd, Livi allow you to use an e-ticket but others are still in the dark ages.