Motherwell v Kilmarnock 06/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

if it has not already happened can someone from the club media group put up a film of Kevin's take down in the first half that resulted in the Killie player hauling him down. It was an even better take than the one that led to the goal but was not shown on Sportscene.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sinjy said:

if it has not already happened can someone from the club media group put up a film of Kevin's take down in the first half that resulted in the Killie player hauling him down. It was an even better take than the one that led to the goal but was not shown on Sportscene.  

https://fb.watch/knVJn9UZhy/

Thoroughly enjoyed the match on Saturday. I felt that Killie was a tad reminiscent of us earlier in the season where the defence was comedy gold and the attack was toothless, even at 1-0 I felt we were cruising to the victory. I thought it was going to be one of those days for VV but some of those touches were sublime. It was a nice feeling to get out of your seat in anticipation of what's happening next i.e the setup to Spittal or Kev gliding past Wright and Taylor on numerous occasions to work the keeper. I feel that excitement has been missing in recent times.

1 hour ago, maz said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the match on Saturday. I felt that Killie was a tad reminiscent of us earlier in the season where the defence was comedy gold and the attack was toothless, even at 1-0 I felt we were cruising to the victory. I thought it was going to be one of those days for VV but some of those touches were sublime. It was a nice feeling to get out of your seat in anticipation of what's happening next i.e the setup to Spittal or Kev gliding past Wright and Taylor on numerous occasions to work the keeper. I feel that excitement has been missing in recent times.

Don't think I've ever seen Motherwell cruise to victory at 1-0 🫣

28 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Something I noticed but forgot to mention.

Liam Kelly was wearing an all black kit, the same as the referee.

I've noticed goalkeeper kits clashing with other kits a few times over the last few season, does nobody bother about it anymore?

VAR is now checking this @Ya Bezzer!.  Don't worry it will come back with a prompt response within the next couple of months. :)

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've noticed goalkeeper kits clashing with other kits a few times over the last few season, does nobody bother about it anymore?

Clancy probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

I didn’t give Furlong the man of the match but he must be the most improved Motherwell player ever over a such short period. If memory serves me correctly when I saw home playing against Raith Rovers in the cup, I thought that he would never make it, but he has proved me and suspect a few others wrong and is being developed into a really good young player…..but I suspect we will not get him next season loan!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The change kit rules seem to have been getting more and more lax over the past few seasons to the extent that I've seen some games down south where opposing teams are wearing the same colours. Of course they were different shades, but even that used to be forbidden.

I suppose with Kelly's black kit, it would be hard for even that ref to confuse the keeper with himself.

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

I didn’t give Furlong the man of the match but he must be the most improved Motherwell player ever over a such short period. If memory serves me correctly when I saw home playing against Raith Rovers in the cup, I thought that he would never make it, but he has proved me and suspect a few others wrong and is being developed into a really good young player…..but I suspect we will not get him next season loan!

Yup I agree, been really impressed with him as he is learning with each game. The way he handled annoying Armstrong on Saturday especially in first half was excellent 

44 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup I agree, been really impressed with him as he is learning with each game. The way he handled annoying Armstrong on Saturday especially in first half was excellent 

Think Carroll may have snapped the wee fud in half the way he was trying to be intimidating. Would've been funny but glad we've got Furlong for now.

• Like 1

I have been so impressed with Kettlewell but one thing I feel he could improve is the substitutions. On Saturday in east stand we were crying out for changes as freshness was needed and there was the risk of a Slattery 2nd yellow.

Fortunately all worked out fine but I feel he could be changing things a bit quicker when obvious some players blowing out their proverbial

6 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

If memory serves me correctly when I saw home playing against Raith Rovers in the cup, I thought that he would never make it, but he has proved me and suspect a few others wrong and is being developed into a really good young player…..but I suspect we will not get him next season loan!

His hoop never got off the bench up in Kirkcaldy.

However I know what you mean, I was worried early on that he was the only left back and felt like we needed experience badly, the other option was putting Lamie there but I still wake up at night in a cold sweat about his previous apps. The young guy has developed well and I've thoroughly enjoyed both wing backs getting up the pitch.

I wonder if Penney got injured as he seemed feature regularly after joining Charlton then disappeared.

14 hours ago, pretzel said:

His hoop never got off the bench up in Kirkcaldy.

However I know what you mean, I was worried early on that he was the only left back and felt like we needed experience badly, the other option was putting Lamie there but I still wake up at night in a cold sweat about his previous apps. The young guy has developed well and I've thoroughly enjoyed both wing backs getting up the pitch.

I wonder if Penney got injured as he seemed feature regularly after joining Charlton then disappeared.

I believe he did pick up an injury

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

I know we think  KVV is as good as Bergkamp especially after his goal on Saturday,  but have a listen to this commentary its brilliant, some people have too much time on their hands.

Well they call KvV ‘The Budget Bergkamp’ so that commentary is fitting.

Maybe it’s time to start referring to Bergkamp as ‘The Supreme van Veen’.