New kit for 2023/24

MJC

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

As far as this is concerned we should wear what we wish to. No need to pander to the bigots or give them any credence whatsoever. How far do you take this? Ban blue jeans or orange clothing, because that hints of Sevco? Mustn't wear green in case that leads to claims of Celtic bias? Even if the establishment in Scotland won't address this cancer we should, by just doing our own thing.

Claret and Amber colours true far ahead of Green and Blue. Says it all really.

1 hour ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Yes I remember now ,  Don Goodman scored a double at Tannadice in the white kit , same one as the 5-6 game against the Dons 

Remember McCulloch being linked with Hearts also , Hearts were very keen to sign him at that time 

My memory was that Jim Jeffries was just trying to unsettle him before we played Hearts, a regular tactic of his.

When he managed Kilmarnock he didn't have the budget, so the tactic changed to kicking seven shades out of Hammell.

1 hour ago, grumpy said:

My memory was that Jim Jeffries was just trying to unsettle him before we played Hearts, a regular tactic of his.

When he managed Kilmarnock he didn't have the budget, so the tactic changed to kicking seven shades out of Hammell.

Who could forget Jim Jeffries

They were lucky, we were unlucky

They were jammy , we weren’t jammy etc 

10 hours ago, MJC said:

Common sense like that will never catch on with some people in this part of the world I'm afraid.

I've said this before but there are too many people, not just in our support, who's hatred and obsession with Rangers overrides their passion and love for the club they support and it's pathetic. The irony is that it's usually these types of people who shout longest and loudest about how much they dislike Rangers and want their club to be nothing like them, free of any connection with them, yet at the same time they can't help themselves but bring Rangers info the equation no matter what. Some of the responses on here and on social media to the away kit reveal are the prime example of that. We release a kit which is claret with an amber diagonal band, not a sash, and you get some wahoos bubbling about how it somehow makes us have a connection to the OO/Rangers. That's one of if not the first things they think of when seeing a new Motherwell kit for the first time. As I said, absolutely pathetic.

You'd think we'd brought out a black kit with two diagonal orange bands that meet in the middle complete with white gloves and a bowler hat. :rolleyes:

I don’t really visit this forum very often anymore and only been back on in recent weeks. I must say, you do come across as rather over opinionated and my visualisation is of an angry wee man with a big red face.

Take a chill pill pal. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

You only see what your own bigotry allows you to see.

There are none so blind...

Not sure what definition of bigotry you are using, but happy to be enlightened....

16 hours ago, MJC said:

Well don’t associate an amber diagonal band on our change kit with the uniform worn by orange order marchers which actually looks absolutely nothing like the design on the kit then.

YOU are ‘associating’ it with an orange order sash with that nonsensical attitude and outlook.

You dont like a Motherwell kit without a claret band.

So I think Im allowed to object to one with an amber sash if I feel like it.

12 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

As far as this is concerned we should wear what we wish to. No need to pander to the bigots or give them any credence whatsoever. How far do you take this? Ban blue jeans or orange clothing, because that hints of Sevco? Mustn't wear green in case that leads to claims of Celtic bias? Even if the establishment in Scotland won't address this cancer we should, by just doing our own thing.

I absolutely agree that we should wear what we wish.

My objection to this kit has nothing to day with Rangers or Celtic.

My objection is based on its association with an organisation that discirminates against a large section of our society.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJC said:

Common sense like that will never catch on with some people in this part of the world I'm afraid.

I've said this before but there are too many people, not just in our support, who's hatred and obsession with Rangers overrides their passion and love for the club they support and it's pathetic. The irony is that it's usually these types of people who shout longest and loudest about how much they dislike Rangers and want their club to be nothing like them, free of any connection with them, yet at the same time they can't help themselves but bring Rangers info the equation no matter what. Some of the responses on here and on social media to the away kit reveal are the prime example of that. We release a kit which is claret with an amber diagonal band, not a sash, and you get some wahoos bubbling about how it somehow makes us have a connection to the OO/Rangers. That's one of if not the first things they think of when seeing a new Motherwell kit for the first time. As I said, absolutely pathetic.

You'd think we'd brought out a black kit with two diagonal orange bands that meet in the middle complete with white gloves and a bowler hat. :rolleyes:

This is just absolute bullshit.

• Confused 1

On 7/14/2023 at 10:42 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

If you cant see the difference between that and the new kit, then there is no explaining it.

We live in the West of Scotland.

I dont care about upsetting Celtic fans, but I dont want to be associated with an orange sash......

Get a life. I hope i missed your sarcasm there but i fear not.

56 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

My objection is based on its association with an organisation that discirminates against a large section of our society.

It's really not though. It is you and a few others that have made that association, not Motherwell F.C. nor Macron. That's just how your mind works when you see a design like that unfortunately.

I see a great many other things - none of which are associated with a Motherwell kit - like Peru and Cardiacs for two examples but what you have suggested never crossed my mind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

No. This below is just absolute bullshit.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

• Like 1

You dont like a Motherwell kit without a claret band.

So I think Im allowed to object to one with an amber sash if I feel like it.

You’re entitled to object to an amber sash if you feel like it. But to suggest that said amber sash somehow associates the top or us with the orange order is absolute unadulterated fucking nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not sure what definition of bigotry you are using, but happy to be enlightened....

Given your unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Enlightened. We see you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

In all honesty mate have a look at yourself all this linking a football strip to a symbol of a bigoted sectarian organisation is garbage and does you no favours, best to leave all that shite to the morons on kerrydale St and whatever the blue equivalent is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

In all honesty mate have a look at yourself all this linking a football strip to a symbol of a bigoted sectarian organisation is garbage and does you no favours, best to leave all that shite to the morons on kerrydale St and whatever the blue equivalent is.

At least this is a debate I can engage with.

Your probably right. It seems Im in the minority on here and thats fair enough, but its what I felt when I saw the strip.

Being brought up in the West of Scotland certainly influences the way you think about certain things and undoubtedly makes you more sensitive to things that other people wouldnt give 2 seconds thought to.

Suffice to say, I wont be buying this particular shirt.

We move on.

• Thanks 1

That's what I call an away strip, not the horrible one we have.

We have certainly left ourselves open to the bigots in our west of Scotland society. Imagine going to Ceptic and wearing our away strip. The Green brigade will have a field day. Right up their street to peddle their intolerance and hatred.

A sad day indeed.

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

We have certainly left ourselves open to the bigots in our west of Scotland society. Imagine going to Ceptic and wearing our away strip. The Green brigade will have a field day. Right up their street to peddle their intolerance and hatred.

A sad day indeed.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss what the Green Brigade etc think. The only time they found us tolerable was after the play-off, and that lasted for 2 minutes.

My first Motherwell strip had a 'sash', so it doesn't bother me, though, as a rule, I much prefer an all white strip - which disnae make me an Imperial Wizard.

Wonder what Shuggie Sproat makes of it.

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

A sad day indeed.

Sad my arse. Who gives a flying f...k what the Green Brigade think of our strip. Anyway we've covered all bases given our last signing's name 😀

1 hour ago, yosemite sam said:

A sad day indeed.

Have a look at yourself ffs, what a feckin ridiculous statement to make, its a football strip, so we don't wear green or blue or orange in case we upset the blue and green morons, who gives a feck what that mob think. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Sad my arse. Who gives a flying f...k what the Green Brigade think of our strip. Anyway we've covered all bases given our last signing's name 😀

Fine, I don't care what they think either, but the problem being, they come to Fir Park and what will they do to the seating etc in that stand. We just open a can of worms by naively choosing that strip and giving these idiots something to moan about. I agree its only a football strip to us, but not to them, going by some of the comments I've seen on social media.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

Fine, I don't care what they think either, but the problem being, they come to Fir Park and what will they do to the seating etc in that stand. We just open a can of worms by naively choosing that strip and giving these idiots something to moan about. I agree its only a football strip to us, but not to them, going by some of the comments I've seen on social media.

There thick as fuck at the best of times and it really does show there mind set if there getting upset about another teams strip,both old firm teams hate us with a passion and I wouldn't have it any other way,it just shows how little old motherwell have got under the skin over the years 😃

• Like 1