Livingston v Motherwell 24/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Thankfully Im working for this one. Remove any temptation to go along and suffer watching us on another horrible plastic pitch.

Be nice to keep another clean sheet and get 3 points to tie up 7th with a game to go.

As long as the manager continues to keep the players focussed and not drop our performance levels, we should have a good chance. 

It wont be pretty, but our record there is good.

KVV to get another and tee up Saturday for his big finale!

I suspect injuries will play a big part in team selection with Paton, Casey and Furlong all picking up seemingly significant "knocks" yesterday in the Easter Ross agricultural show. Still, we have cover in defence and midfield. Not sure if Slattery will be eligible though. 

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I suspect injuries will play a big part in team selection with Paton, Casey and Furlong all picking up seemingly significant "knocks" yesterday in the Easter Ross agricultural show. Still, we have cover in defence and midfield. Not sure if Slattery will be eligible though. 

Think they said yesterday it was a 2 match suspension?

Hopefully Deano is ok. Leaves us a little short on the bench with Paton and Slattery both unavailable though.

Might mean McKinstry or Tierney getting a run out later on.

Would love to keep the win streak going and secure 7th spot in this game.

Our away record since SK took over has been excellent. Plus, in each of the last 3 games we've restricted our opponents to 1 shot on target. Do that again on Wednesday and we have a great chance of winning.

The only guarantee, of course, is there will be almost zero entertainment value.

2 - 0 to the good guys.

As an aside, does anyone know the highest number of points we've picked up in post-split matches? Feels like the 9pts we have earned so far must be getting us close to our best ever.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

As an aside, does anyone know the highest number of points we've picked up in post-split matches? Feels like the 9pts we have earned so far must be getting us close to our best ever.

We got 10 points during the 2013/14 season. Drew 3-3 with Celtic, beat 5-1 by Dundee United and won three on the trot with the last fixture being up at Pittodrie when Craig Reid netted in injury time.

4 hours ago, pretzel said:

We got 10 points during the 2013/14 season. Drew 3-3 with Celtic, beat 5-1 by Dundee United and won three on the trot with the last fixture being up at Pittodrie when Craig Reid netted in injury time.

Aye to clinch 2nd place in the league, what a goal that was a tap in from 6 inches, unsaveable 😀 Dave Cormacks greetin face was priceless, too bad we never had a champions league place on offer.

Tonight is all about KVV.

He needs 1 more to surpass Higdons 27 goals in a season and 3 to match his 26 league goals.

Of course that would take him to the 30 mark, which no Motherwell player has achieved in my lifetime.

I did try and find what Willie Ps best stats were but there doesnt seem to be any web based info that I can see. Best I could see was anecdotal evidence that he scored 20 league goals in 74/75 season and bettered it the following year with 22.

From memory though pretty sure though that Higdons figures were beyond that of the great man.

Anyone confirm this?

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Tonight is all about KVV.

He needs 1 more to surpass Higdons 27 goals in a season and 3 to match his 26 league goals.

Of course that would take him to the 30 mark, which no Motherwell player has achieved in my lifetime.

I did try and find what Willie Ps best stats were but there doesnt seem to be any web based info that I can see. Best I could see was anecdotal evidence that he scored 20 league goals in 74/75 season and bettered it the following year with 22.

From memory though pretty sure though that Higdons figures were beyond that of the great man.

Anyone confirm this?

Plus he will equal the premiership record of scoring in 10 consecutive matches held by Mark Viduka at Celtic 

19 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Win here and send Dundee Utd down on Sunday would be a magical end to the season with KvV banging in a hat trick to get that  30 goals!

I am not dreaming  his is a reality!COYW

If Utd do not win tonight and County win then they will already be relegated when they visit us at weekend. 

On 5/21/2023 at 8:45 PM, Spiderpig said:

Aye to clinch 2nd place in the league, what a goal that was a tap in from 6 inches, unsaveable 😀 Dave Cormacks greetin face was priceless, too bad we never had a champions league place on offer.

Did we not get a qualifying round for the Champions League the following season against Panathanikos or did you mean directly into the groups? 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I wonder if we will see some Max J style tight hammys tonight?

Goss and Cornelius look like they are off and KVV is obviously looking for a move. 

Considering we have won 3 in a row since split, conceded no goals and KVV scored in past 9 games I would say naw

30 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Any team news yet? 

Same starting 11 except Blaney for Casey.

Oops just noticed, wee Deano in for Paton.

• Thanks 1