Season 23/24 Dundee v Motherwell 06/08/23

SteelmaninOZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, grizzlyg said:

Indeed. Hopefully the Bair can prove a lot of folk wrong

Hopefully he can get his career on track. You have to think that another season with us similar to his previous seasons elsewhere will signal the end of his time in the professional ranks.

Personally, I'm hoping we choose to use Ferrie and the new lad from Arsenal more.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Hopefully he can get his career on track. You have to think that another season with us similar to his previous seasons elsewhere will signal the end of his time in the professional ranks.

Personally, I'm hoping we choose to use Ferrie and the new lad from Arsenal more.

I think with Biereth signing I am hoping he will be ahead of Bair. Bair can hopefully be an option from the bench and if he shows promise can push for a start 

6 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I think with Biereth signing I am hoping he will be ahead of Bair. Bair can hopefully be an option from the bench and if he shows promise can push for a start 

Seems to me that Bair may well be with the development team this season and will benefit from training with the likes of Obika and Wilkinson until he is ready.

He possibly at the lower end of the pay scale so it is on him to learn, develop and prove his worth.

• Like 1

Whatever you think about SK, he talks well and exudes positivity! So far it hasnt been misplaced and it clearly rubs off on most of the players. Here's hoping it continues and doesnt blow up in his face.

Was interesting to hear his thoughts on Bair, and he has nailed his colours to the mast on that one, so he cant complain on being judged on the success or failure of his signing.

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Whatever you think about SK, he talks well and exudes positivity! So far it hasnt been misplaced and it clearly rubs off on most of the players. Here's hoping it continues and doesnt blow up in his face.

Was interesting to hear his thoughts on Bair, and he has nailed his colours to the mast on that one, so he cant complain on being judged on the success or failure of his signing.

Well said mate 👍

I was greatly encouarged by SK's recent press interview. He stressed the importnace of getting the basics right; being solid, reliable, hard working and organised. Once we achieve that we start to "add layers" in his view. 100% agree with that. Any team that achieves that basic stanadard will stay up. The fancy stuff comes after that.  

• Like 2

Sooner or later SK is going to hit a bad patch where we lose a few on the bounce, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with that.

For now though, as you say, he just keeps preaching the basics while picking up results and long may that continue.

You could see in the group games there was a layer or two that had been worked on over the summer. The most obvious one being how we played out from the back.

Looking forward to this one tomorrow. Hoping the weather holds so I can take my bacon roll and the computer outside to watch in the sunshine.

• Haha 1