Season 23/24 Dundee v Motherwell 06/08/23

SteelmaninOZ

I wont be there (no cheering please) but for everyone going tomorrow let's get right behind the team and encourage ALL players. If Bair comes off the bench then get right behind him and you know what he could end up being the hero.  As said before we have lost 2 out of 19 under SK so he deserves time to get this "project" working.  All together now .......COYWWWWWWWW

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Sooner or later SK is going to hit a bad patch where we lose a few on the bounce, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with that.

For now though, as you say, he just keeps preaching the basics while picking up results and long may that continue.

You could see in the group games there was a layer or two that had been worked on over the summer. The most obvious one being how we played out from the back.

Looking forward to this one tomorrow. Hoping the weather holds so I can take my bacon roll and the computer outside to watch in the sunshine.

I hope the weather holds here, for entirely different reasons! 😆😆😆

22 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Can anyone confirm PATG option tomorrow. Poster over on P&B has said it is, but I haven’t seen any official announcement - anyone got a link?

Yeah the official twitter said a pay at the gate facility will be available tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, weeyin said:

That logic didn't even hold up to the end of your sentence.

As opposed to the logic of judging a player on his record in a competition that he's not played in?

The fact is Zack Robinson performed well last season and if we'd signed him there would have been a more positive reaction than we've had with our actual signings.

35 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

As opposed to the logic of judging a player on his record in a competition that he's not played in?

The fact is Zack Robinson performed well last season and if we'd signed him there would have been a more positive reaction than we've had with our actual signings.

You do realise that a fans reaction to a signing is a shite site less important than the contribution the player makes over say, the full season ??

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not sure I follow your logic here mate.

Zach scored 12 goals in 29 appearances in the Championship. Whilst that is better than Theo Bair who hasnt scored goals at any level, Im not sure you can compare that to Wilkinson or Obika. 

He is only 21 and he may turn out to be very good (and after this debate might rip us a new one today!) but I wouldnt be claiming up front that he is better than anything we have especially when we havent seen Biereth yet.

That said, I will certainly be watching his performance closely today now, so thanks for highlighting him as one to watch!

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Mugabi ahead of Blaney just baffling.  And let's hope Bair can prove us all wrong 

Casey plays on the left and Bevis on the right. Hopefully you are now unbaffled.

• Like 1