Cup game Elgin City v Motherwell 15/07/2023

SteelmaninOZ

We better win this one.

Its a Cup game, we’re the top flight side, they’re the league two side, we win this game.

No excuses, no “it’s early days yet, we can afford to lose this” nonsense. We win on Saturday.

2-0

One thing I think we can be sure of, based on what we've seen from Kettlewell so far, is that our attitude will be spot on and we will be going out to win. Shit can still happen, but I'm not expecting the GA "treat it like a friendly" approach.

I assume this isn't available to view anywhere because of the viaplay shambles?

2 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Lucky you if you’re going to Elgin weather should be nice.

I think we should win this one.

I think your being in the future has messed your dates up in the thread title. The date for the game is Saturday 15 July for us back home. You better look for your flux capacitor. 

Looking forward to this one.

Making the journey up mostly because its another League ground to tick off the list, but also the brother in law stays up there so free digs!

No excuses here. Our squad may still be threadbare and it is early season, but we still have more resources than them and they havent played any competitive games either.

Just win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Cup game Elgin City v Motherwell 15/07/2022
6 hours ago, wellfan said:

I think your being in the future has messed your dates up in the thread title. The date for the game is Saturday 15 July for us back home. You better look for your flux capacitor. 

I had a wee look at the flux capacitor and fixed the problem it was a case of a fat finger causing a mistake on the mobile phone device but it will still be the 16th down here.

Thank you for your help and interest.

• Like 1

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to Cup game Elgin City v Motherwell 15/07/2023
On 7/12/2023 at 10:00 PM, fizoxy said:

I assume this isn't available to view anywhere because of the viaplay shambles?

Thanks to weeyin on the other thread, looks like Elgin TV has it:

https://tv.elgincity.net/event/64abce403c488f7efe5cd622

• Like 1

I remember being so excited for the first game of the season last year. A European tie and easy opposition. And then it all collapsed with a hapless passionless directionless display and I vowed I would not allow myself to get carried away again, yet here I am scrolling newspaper sites for team news and buying a shonky tv link from Elgin which I know will never work properly and counting down the hours. Never learn.

Looking forward to the 2023/24 season officially kicking off today. We seem much better prepared having went to the training camp abroad and played the four friendlies. Always nice to visit grounds we rarely visit, hopefully a comfortable day at the office and get off to a solid start to our League Cup campaign.

Just interested to see how we line up and perform as we will have to change it up from last season.

Good opportunity for Kettlewell to show some tactical versatility.

Won't be drawing much significance from the result either way though.  This is really a preview. 

We have a defender called Max Ross and a Forward (Luca).

Not sure which one this is cause the squad numbers don't tie with the website.

3 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

Luca Ross according to the Motherwell FC twitter page

Must be playing 4-3-3 then.  It used to work so well for us 😝

16 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

We have a defender called Max Ross and a Forward (Luca).

Not sure which one this is cause the squad numbers don't tie with the website.

Yep. Number 39 on the website isn't Luca Ross, although the website has been wildly out of date or slow to update changes for a while now.