Cup game Elgin City v Motherwell 15/07/2023

SteelmaninOZ

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I might be wrong but I think that's the first goal we've scored from a corner since Slattery scored at Pittodrie nearly a year ago. 

I think we only scored 3 headers all last season.  Something like that anyway.

It's a part of the game that's going away.

2-0 it should have been more but the result was never in any doubt a great start to the league cup campaign. The opposition was poor but we looked comfortable the whole game, even though  the stream was shocking.

A good day at the office onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Can’t argue with a 2-0 win even against that opposition at this stage of the season. A good professional job but we clearly need a few players, midfield is crying out for a couple of good recruits.

I feel like we have the right guy in charge right enough, feel more confident with SK at the helm that we’ll do ok.

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I might be wrong but I think that's the first goal we've scored from a corner since Slattery scored at Pittodrie nearly a year ago. 

Would you count Mugabe's against Rangers in the 2-4 game? Probably qualifies as a stramash rather than a corner.

There were some positives there like Miller and Slattery looking sharp and Wilson making a lot of good contributions. 

Right wing back and striker are still problem positions despite renewing SOD and signing Obika and Wilkinson. I think we have fucked up in those areas and it's going to be difficult to fix. 

• Sad 1

A professional job done - no more no less.  It put more minutes into legs, blooded some youngsters, gave Lennon Miller his first goal and took us to the top of the group. Queens Park, probably our nearest rivals, also failed to win.

SK will have picked up on weaknesses and will feed them into his squad reshaping. 

• Like 2

We weren't really tested at the back, but a good runout for the squad and it was great to see three youngsters start. Miller looked composed throughout, and I thought Wilson was solid. Ross was all adrenaline to start with, but chilled out as the game went on and gave a good account of himself. He's also rapid, which is nice for a change.

Today isnt much of an indicator as to how the season will go, but it will go some way to preparing the squad and building confidence.

11 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

Did what was needed 

Great to see Miller score 

Always good to keep a clean sheet too

It’s always quite a special and satisfying feeling seeing youngsters we’ve brought through to the first team making their mark. Hopefully Lennon Miller takes great confidence from getting on the scoresheet today and can go on to become a big part of our first team squad this season.