SPL Motherwell v Hibernian 13/08/2023

SteelmaninOZ

25 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Could we not approach Brighton to try and get Furlong back on loan? If not then I would like to see young Wilson get a chance but I am not writing soaree off yet.

McGinley a nice guy and had horrendous time off through injury but I would try and find a buyer for him

We tried but there's a potential issue with them loaning out too many players internationally. Maybe something that could happen closer to the deadline.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

We have a dreadful record against Hibs at Motherwell in the last 5/6 seasons. I got a feeling another draw on the cards. We have lost 5 of our last 9 at home to Hibs and only beat them twice.

Last home win against them Aug ‘19 3-0 win? 

Apart from that game we seem* to lose to Hibs early on the season on a regular basis.

There was the 2-3 loss at FP a couple of seasons back, a 0-3 defeat at Easter Road in 2018, another 3-2 home loss in 2010 and a 2-1 loss in 2004 when Phil O’Donnell scored for us. 

*We obviously don’t lose to Hibs early on in the season on that regular a basis but it just seems like that.

Should be able to gauge Hibs tonight in Europe, bbc scotland live . It should give us an idea what we will face on Sunday. Hopefully they still feeling the effects of it by Sunday. Prediction to follow after iv seen this game.

Hibs look decent going forward but also very vulnerable defensively.

No clean sheets in four and two of those were against non league level Euro minnows.

Full back areas in particular are areas we can get success in.  Stevenson is slow as treacle and they are struggling for a decent right back.  Goalkeeper has also been very shaky. 

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hibs look decent going forward but also very vulnerable defensively.

No clean sheets in four and two of those were against non league level Euro minnows.

Full back areas in particular are areas we can get success in.  Stevenson is slow as treacle and they are struggling for a decent right back.  Goalkeeper has also been very shaky. 

Thought the young guy ar right back looked good last night i think he was Campbell, Hibs look a good team with plenty of attacking options this year and pace which i'm no sure we have

Hibs done really well last night it was a far better performance to the recent efforts against the Andorran outfit away and St Mirren. I must say though I throughly enjoyed the last 20 minutes where both sides kicked the crap out of each other. You look at Hibs attacking line and no question it can cause problems but at the other end they have been quite suspect now. Hopefully Thursday's exploits have taken their toll and hopefully we can get the three points.