St Johnstone v Motherwell 21/10/23

Toxteth O'Grady

5 hours ago, MJC said:

I didn’t realise this thread was for generating laughs.

Although I did have my tongue slightly in my cheek when I talked about Fir Park having it’s almost annual weather related postponement at some point over the winter. For all FP has had its issues over the years I don’t think it’s ever had a sink hole, yet anyway. 

Granted I’m no Billy Connolly but I would have thought that most people would have realised that I was being slightly ‘satirical’ about Fir Park when I said that. 

And i was being sarcastic ,forgot the😉. I know your happy deep down.

15 hours ago, Jastons said:

St Johnstone beaten again today. The manager threw his players under the bus at the end of the game . Fingers crossed he is still in charge on the 7th.

Assuming he makes it to Wednesday (and that's questionable) surely defeat at home against Killie would see him away. Like you say, given his post match comments yesterday, he's clearly a dead man walking. 

44 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Steven MacLean has just been sacked, hopefully they don't get that new manager bounce. 

I'm similarly concerned that Aberdeen will remove Robson and we'll face two bounces in a short space of time.

9 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Unless they find someone very quickly, it'll be Alex Cleland. He's been stepping in and out since McInnes left, so I assume he's not intetested in the job.

It is Cleland he's been confirmed as temporary manager

St Johnstone: Steven MacLean leaves manager's post after winless start - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67246397

They have not won a game yet, only scored 1 goal in two months, temp manager in charge and we play them next week, not good omens.

We love to give struggling teams a boost

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It is Cleland he's been confirmed as temporary manager

St Johnstone: Steven MacLean leaves manager's post after winless start - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67246397

They have not won a game yet, only scored 1 goal in two months, temp manager in charge and we play them next week, not good omens.

We love to give struggling teams a boost

Very true. But the general concensus seems to be they've signed a load of shit players in the summer and there's nothing to suggest Cleland will get any more out of them. He's been a caretaker 5 times, never landed the job, and they surely won't be looking at appointing him now, after taking a chance on Steven MacLean. They've got a couple of games before us, so we'll soon see if there's a positive reaction.

I would be surprised if Martindale left Livvy for St Johnstone.

Some clubs and managers are just a good fit for each other and I think thats the case for him and Livvy.

Its not as if St Johnstone will have a significantly bigger budget than Livvy. They are a club with a longer history and have had some recent success, but how realistic is it that they can repeat that?

He knows what he has at Livvy, he signed the players and they are in a much healthier position in the league.

Look forward to him being the next St Johnstone manager! 😆