St Johnstone v Motherwell 07/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Drop Casey and bring in Mugabi. If defending crosses is your concern...

Mugabe has been out for two games now and has already improved dramatically as a player 🤣

Wind back to the previous match threads and look for all the posts containing the word 'bombscare'.

Apart from setplays, st johnstone offered nothing in attack. We generally tried to play through them, but until Gent arrived on the field we failed to create anything for the front two. Gents arrival injected width and pace. Play was then stretched which suited us. The team has character, but players need to be more switched on and take responsibility in defence, by attacking the ball. As much as some here will not like it, we ain't any worse or better than many teams in this league. Luck plays a big part when teams are similar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Apart from setplays, st johnstone offered nothing in attack. We generally tried to play through them, but until Gent arrived on the field we failed to create anything for the front two. Gents arrival injected width and pace. Play was then stretched which suited us. The team has character, but players need to be more switched on and take responsibility in defence, by attacking the ball. As much as some here will not like it, we ain't any worse or better than many teams in this league. Luck plays a big part when teams are similar. 

gent can ping a cross but unfortunatly i havent yet seen any signs of him being a good defender, anybody seen differant  ????

As much as I was pissed off at half time with our schoolboy defending I was even more pissed off at Shaw missing the one on one with the keeper.

Any other striker in the league would have buried it.

Still I would have bitten your hand off for a point at half time.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Will give players credit for getting a point as at half time we looked doomed.   I know talk of dropping loads of players but look at our bench. Who exactly comes in?

This is a massive point and let's build on it.  I know a lot have kettlewell condemned but players also need serious look at themselves .

And finally, going to say it.....to the Bois...... bring your great noise and vocal support.....that is brilliant...but leave the pyros at home......leave that nonsense for the old firm fans..  you are better than that.

COYWW

Well said 

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

gent can ping a cross but unfortunatly i havent yet seen any signs of him being a good defender, anybody seen differant  ????

I was reading an article on Blackburn Rovers website about him which mentioned he could play anywhere down the left wing and his strengths were getting forward playing in a more advanced role, which is obviously evidenced by what we have seen. He put a tremendous ball in against county where it zipped right across the ground into the six yard box and not one of our forwards anticipated it not to mention cracking the bar against our feeder club in Paisley. 

• Haha 1

Good point in the end. I think slowly but surely SK is getting to know the players he can trust and those who keep making individual errors and letting the team down. I expect once this round of injuries clears up we may start to see a more settled team. Another point on Saturday would continue to steady the ship. Three would be awesome.

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

And finally, going to say it.....to the Bois...... bring your great noise and vocal support.....that is brilliant...but leave the pyros at home......leave that nonsense for the old firm fans..  you are better than that.

Are they better than that though? The only difference I can see is their numbers are smaller. Most other boxes are ticked, jumping on the park, flares, arguing with and antagonising stewards, shite banners, daft wee attention seeking protests and throwing stuff.

They stop short of the Green Brigade style political shite but I suspect that’s only because they know that would lose them even more goodwill with the club and the rest of the fanbase. Though I’m slightly surprised they haven’t voiced their ‘solidarity’ with their pals from Parkhead over the GB’s suspension. I suppose there’s time yet eh Bhois?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Two points dropped for me due the piss poor frontline so I shall give this current shambles until the 16th of December before we might need to take a serious look at things in general before the January transfer window.

It's pretty clear that Biereth is the only player that can put the ball in the net and if anything happens to him then it's frontline over cause they are useless.

From December the 2nd

Home Vs Dundee

Away Vs Ross County

Home Vs St Johnstone 

Away Vs St Mirren 

Tons of winnable games for me if we don't then I can't trust Kettlewell in a transfer window cause what I have seen so far is a bunch of below average signings with one stand out gem.

3 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Two points dropped for me due the piss poor frontline so I shall give this current shambles until the 16th of December before we might need to take a serious look at things in general before the January transfer window.

It's pretty clear that Biereth is the only player that can put the ball in the net and if anything happens to him then it's frontline over cause they are useless.

From December the 2nd

Home Vs Dundee

Away Vs Ross County

Home Vs St Johnstone 

Away Vs St Mirren 

Tons of winnable games for me if we don't then I can't trust Kettlewell in a transfer window cause what I have seen so far is a bunch of below average signings with one stand out gem.

Poor as our striking options are, we're 6th top scorers in the league. You may want to look at the part our defence is playing in this run. Only Ross County have a worse record there.