Motherwell v Dundee 02/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

26 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Game was poor and so was your prediction...

Yeah okay we didn’t lose. By the skin of our teeth.

But I was right again about us not being able to win one game, never mind three. And given that we were at home against an equally poor Dundee side then you would hope that we could have picked up maximum points. Instead we just scraped one by scoring in the last seconds.

We are in the same position now that we have been for the last three months. We can’t win football matches and therefore we are in trouble.

29 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

So basically, everyone we played under Kettlewell last season were pish, but they were all good when we played them under Hammell ?

No but in his run of games he only played the Old Firm once each and the league was already over when we got the draw with Celtic. 

We didn't play Aberdeen who managed to get to 3rd because Hibs and Hearts melted down so badly. The league is far more competitive 3-12 at the moment and there are no easy games. The games last season were undoubtedly easier in terms of quality of opposition and teams not having a huge amount to play for in the final months of the season. 

Has until St Mirren to turn this around then the board need to take a serious look at the situation.

I shall say this I sure as shit don't trust him and Daws to get the players in January to sort this I have no idea what remit he gave to Daws in the summer but it was 100 percent was honking.

it makes you think what sort of football he was wanting to play with the signings  he has  made.

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

No but in his run of games he only played the Old Firm once each and the league was already over when we got the draw with Celtic. 

We didn't play Aberdeen who managed to get to 3rd because Hibs and Hearts melted down so badly. The league is far more competitive 3-12 at the moment and there are no easy games. The games last season were undoubtedly easier in terms of quality of opposition and teams not having a huge amount to play for in the final months of the season. 

Ok. But we beat Hibs and Hearts earlier this season and drew with Celtic again last week. 

1 minute ago, Spit_It_Out said:

it makes you think what sort of football he was wanting to play with the signings  he has  made.

He's built a team who physically aren't capable of pressing so we have to sit off and let teams play around us. 

We rely on playing on the counter through SOD who is fucking hopeless and Spittal who has no pace and can't pass the ball to save his life. 

7 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye we beat Hearts after they came back from Greece and Hibs under Lee Johnson. The next games will be tougher. 

Your argument seems to be that our wins against top 6 sides and bottom 6 sides last season don't really count, for one reason or another. Nor do our wins against anyone this season, again, for reasons you've decided render them meaningless. But every defeat or draw under Kettlewell proves his ineptitude. Sounds like there's nothing he could do to please you. Other than resign, obviously.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, David said:

Davies hasn't held a management position in almost ten years now. I'd imagine that at least part of the reason for that is his antics in his last job.

The secret filming of journalists at Forest press conferences, blanket media bans, long-serving club staff sacked without explanation, his cousin and agent joining the club in a senior role after being suspended as a solicitor, arguing with photographers during games, and a five-game touchline ban imposed for using abusive language to a match official.

He's pretty much not been considered for many jobs outside the Hearts one over five years ago I think.

and forrest having to pay his wages for as long as he was on "
garden leave "

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Your argument seems to be that our wins against top 6 sides and bottom 6 sides last season don't really count, for one reason or another. Nor do our wins against anyone this season, again, for reasons you've decided render them meaningless. But every defeat or draw under Kettlewell proves his ineptitude. Sounds like there's nothing he could do to please you. Other than resign, obviously.

He should resign for the current run. 

I don't see how this is controversial. It's obviously an advantage to play Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen after away Euro qualifiers rather than when they are settled. 

26 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He's built a team who physically aren't capable of pressing so we have to sit off and let teams play around us. 

We rely on playing on the counter through SOD who is fucking hopeless and Spittal who has no pace and can't pass the ball to save his life. 

Joint third most assists in the league for Spittal must have hit his shin with his eyes shut.

SOD I agree with you

3 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Joint third most assists in the league for Spittal must have hit his shin with his eyes shut.

SOD I agree with you

Look at their first goal before the corner. We are in a good position to counter and he passes straight to their player. 

He does make some nice passes in tight spaces but there are far too many times when his bottle crashes on the simple pass.

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He should resign for the current run. 

I don't see how this is controversial. It's obviously an advantage to play Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen after away Euro qualifiers rather than when they are settled. 

It's not controversial at all and as I said earlier, I can understand why folk want him away. But every time we win, you have a reason why it's not a meaningful win - they're shit, their manager's shit, they weren't really trying, they were tired. I've yet to see you offer a single excuse for our team losing a game. 

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Look at their first goal before the corner. We are in a good position to counter and he passes straight to their player. 

He does make some nice passes in tight spaces but there are far too many times when his bottle crashes on the simple pass.

For me SOD switches off and doesn’t really any much value . It’s poor that he’s had so many contract extensions. 

what frustrates me is Spencer was brought in to replace him and has been pushed to left back .

just play Spencer in his natural position please 

At least we got a point, that’s the positives out the way! 

In fairness I thought SK picked the right team, however it was apparent half way through the first half that Dundee were being afforded far too much space (number 10 in particular)

Didnt make it to Celtic park last week but Butcher in Midfield was horrible today, he sat too deep, didn’t pick up runners and was generally too slow. That position is a big problem with young Miller out.

We deffo have more problems than solutions after today! 

Fair play to Wilkinson for keeping his composure and winning us a point. Particularly given he’d been terrible up until then! 

4 hours ago, couttsy said:

Have been firmly in the Kettlewell in camp, but that first half was tactically horrific. So so obvious even at 1-0 that it was just a matter of time before we lost goals. Giving up far too much possession at home against Dundee. Worrying times.

Yes. We score then retreat into our own box with a 6 man defence and deep lying midfield. Despite that Dundee were easily able to play football unhindered in and around our box. Shocking formation. You'd think we were playing a top European side the respect we showed them. 

At times watching today I was thinking brutal , potentially 90 minutes wasted which I won’t get back

On reflection happy with 3-3 draw with 10 men as could have been worse

We really need 3 points badly or I think Kettlewell might be out of a job soon , I wouldn’t push the panic button just yet or no doubt we will end up with Richard Foster or David Clarkson in charge on an interim basis . One or two wins and they will be in the job full time

We are unbeaten in 2 games so why all the panic?

Seriously that point could be massive and I never saw it coming. Butcher is either centre defence or sub. He ain't centre mid. And Casey has went downhill so much in past few months.

However........we are battling away and scrambling points so fight is there but yes we need wins.

And finally we'll done to Oli Shaw for setting up the equaliser, now I don't rate him but at least I didn't boo him when he came on. Getting sick and tired of players being booed when they come on.  Ye that is really going to help them.  COYW