Motherwell v St Johnstone 09/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

5 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

It might be the end of SK, but who'd select the next lamb to be slaughtered? I've never agreed with fan ownership at this level, and our "leadership" havened even been able to get a decent replacement for Burrows, so while we moan about what's happening on the park, that's the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion. Where there is no vision the team will perish.

i dont think they will sack him , cause the players are acyually playing for him its just that there shite, and of course he recruited most of them , anyway heres how we go forward,,,, stuart shut the fuck up with your 20minute gibberish after games and mid week  let someone else talk shite and you concentrate on coaching the shite you brought inn cause your now hanging by half of a proverbal baw hair

9 minutes ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Haha yeh sorry for coming off as a negative nancy, Just wish when we score some of these last gasp goals they actually won us a game every now and then

I think it's fair to say we're all scunnered. The way I look at it, whatever happens to Kettlewell will happen, but like MJC said, these late points might just save us in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Not a fan of your phrasing as the gentleman in question actually has a name but I agree with you. Daniel Philips is exactly the kind of midfielder that we need and, although he was poor in the last game, he controlled the midfield when playing against us last season.

well ffs mad dog i couldnt mind his name  but yes your right its  PHILIPS   and maybe i shouldv known  cause if he bosses our midfield again he gets to fuckin keep them ,    (  your looking to much into how i worded  it )

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

well ffs mad dog i couldnt mind his name  but yes your right its  PHILIPS   and maybe i shouldv known  cause if he bosses our midfield again he gets to fuckin keep them ,    (  your looking to much into how i worded  it )

The referee clearly forgot his name anaw.

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

your right BB  but you know whats good about him     he gets fucked right in and breaks play up  just what we need ,  and your right ffs man if he had macheted one of us he wouldv only got booked

I think the ref left his cards at home. No cards at all today, right? 

We never looked like winning this game and I didn’t think we deserved to, but to be fair I didn’t think we deserved to lose it either. St.Johnstone are a poor outfit who created nothing and only got a goal thanks to our keeper making an utter horlicks of a cross.

However whilst home draws against teams like this are  better than defeats they will ultimately be our downfall.

I’m afraid Stuart Kettlewell is out of his depth and does not appear to have the answer to our present predicament.

The board must now decide quickly whether they are going to keep him or get rid and if it’s the former, come out and say so.

• Like 2

Livi now 5 points adrift thankfully. I think this gives us some breathing space and there’s only 3 points separating the next 5 teams, so it’s not all lost. 
the fact we seem to keep fighting to get something out of games is a positive, so there is some pride in there somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

League runs

Hammell was P11 W0 D4 L7

Kettlewell is P13 W0 D5 L8

Hammell of course lost in the cup to Raith Rovers.

Alexander survived a similar run, one win being the difference.

P13 W1 D5 L7

We then lost the next 2 games before getting the wins against Ross County & Hearts that got us into Europe. Which didn't work out well for him, or us.

Poor game, two poor sides.

I thought we were the better of the two but we never looked like scoring all day and it was inevitable that we'd give away a poor goal.

And then.....yet another late goal.  That's 9 goals this season on or after the 85th minute.

I enjoyed the Dundee match but today was a tough watch.  We look lost and deflated after the Ross County match.  Perhaps that late goal will pick us again, we'll see....

Too many experienced players not lifting their heads up, or just aren't good enough.  It's a fairly experienced team, not many kids in there.  We need more.

I think that goal probably keeps Kettlewell in a job but with St Mirren and Rangers coming up perhaps the nail is still rather shoogly.

On 12/8/2023 at 10:10 AM, David said:

Oxborough is clearly the number 2. A backup, only needed if Kelly gets injured or is suspended, neither of which has happened in quite some time. 

Him not playing doesn't mean he's not good enough, it means that the manager (and the managers we had before Kettlewell) prefer Kelly. I guess they could all be wrong though, along with our international manager who selects him routinely.

so david a continuation of our discussion            would you our manager  and our international manager now consider giving our keeper a wee spell on the bench ????????    cause that goal conceeded  today was well and truely below amatuarish standards  never mind international standards,  captain or not, maybe time to c what the ox has got about him

58 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I think it's fair to say we're all scunnered. The way I look at it, whatever happens to Kettlewell will happen, but like MJC said, these late points might just save us in the end.

we have won eight points from losing positions in the Scottish Premiership this season - more than any other team apparently.  
Hey Stuart, new team talk plan, send them out after telling them they’re two down. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, purestate said:

Hey Stuart, new team talk plan, send them out after telling them they’re two down. 

In all seriousness, if we could show some of the last ten minutes urgency from kick off , get the ball forward quickly and bodies in the bus we would be much better off 

1 minute ago, Jastons said:

In all seriousness, if we could show some of the last ten minutes urgency from kick off , get the ball forward quickly and bodies in the bus we would be much better off 

Before the game I thought we'd win and we started well but with Obika playing we have no threat up top he is brutal 70 mins of shite from him, nothing sticks to him.

I never thought I'd be saying this but when Bair came on we looked more of a threat, his cross in for Biereth was brilliant, StJ were as bad as us, they never threatened till we gave them a goal.

That said we need to start winning and if thats with a new manager or SK so be it, but it's not desperate just yet we can get forward and score if we need to as the glut of late goals show, but we need to get into winning positions and see matches out, were still in the mix but only just so hopefully we kick on.

57 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

How about seeing it like this?

badrun.JPG

So the 3rd September is the only clean sheet we’ve had in 17 games .

what a horrendous run - it must be worst than the poor runs that led to McCall, McGhee , Robinson . Alexander and Hammell losing their job .

the CEO should do the firing ….. ah oops .

1 hour ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

When you see it like that it's downright disturbing that he's still in a job.

I think that the key difference is the performances which aren't as bad as when Hammel was in charge. Going into the last ten minutes one or two goals down, Hammell's team would not have fought back to win points.

• Like 3