St Mirren v Motherwell 16/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

If we had recuited properly on the frontline side of things we wouldnt be anywhere near this mess i am at the point where i have my fingers crossed Mika gets through the game without picking up an injury cause that would render out frontline null and void.

Wilkinson,Bair,Obika and Shaw will never chip in regular  with what we need from them and thats goals.

7 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

If we had recuited properly on the frontline side of things we wouldnt be anywhere near this mess i am at the point where i have my fingers crossed Mika gets through the game without picking up an injury cause that would render out frontline null and void.

Wilkinson,Bair,Obika and Shaw will never chip in regular  with what we need from them and thats goals.

We need to look after our own business, but the only forward who scored in the Premiership today was Shankland. We are far from alone.

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

We have only lost 1 of our last 5, heid up folks!! Lol.   Missing chances costing us and well done Kelly, makes amends for last week 

Only 2 defeats in the last 7 games and going by the sportscene highlights we should have won today, Blair Spittal ffs how did you not score.

So it's not all doom and gloom for me, yes it's a long time without a win but I reckon we will turn it round, those 5 points from the draws have kept us only a couple of wins away from threatening the top 6, so we're Still in the mix so keep the faith.

If carlsberg done Christmas our long awaited win will be at Fir Park on Christmas eve.

1 hour ago, Benson said:

Didn't renew season ticket this season,1st away game this season and will be last,60 quid all in me and my son,poor poor quality both sides.

On this topic , good to hear Derek Adam’s calling it out on the BBC .

The standard of Scottish football just now is absolute garbage .

I cannot remember the last time I was at an entertaining game with good football being played.

There isn’t a single player in Scotland right now that gets you off your seat .. to think only a few years ago you could look forward to watching Gazza , Larsson , Laudraup , DiCanio to name but a few…and we had a team that could match up against them !!

Now we have a league full of bang average teams ,  full of bang average players who struggle to pass the ball 2 yards to a team mate .. it’s demoralising to say the least .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good point at a difficult venue.

Probably should have had 3 going by the chances we missed. But the clean sheet is pleasing.

Shout out to Liam Kelly for his penalty save, David for defending him after last weeks debacle and SK for keeping the faith in his no.1.

Just shows you what I know! 😆

28 minutes ago, davkel said:

I cannot remember the last time I was at an entertaining game with good football being played.

There isn’t a single player in Scotland right now that gets you off your seat .. to think only a few years ago you could look forward to watching Gazza , Larsson , Laudraup , DiCanio to name but a few…and we had a team that could match up against them !!

Now we have a league full of bang average teams ,  full of bang average players who struggle to pass the ball 2 yards to a team mate .. it’s demoralising to say the least .

So why chuck yer job at Morecambe to move back up North? Total Walloper.....Adams.....not yer good self! 🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, davkel said:

Absolutely true. It's chronic, but it's also the reason why we're still not anywhere near adrift and could be what saves us again.

Our 5th place finish under Alexander proved the level of ineptitude in this league. 5 months of pitiful results and we still couldn't be shifted from the top 6.

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Just seen the interview.

Thats a total meltdown from Adams.

Cant believe he has thrown his players under the bus so early. Hard to see how that plays out well.

When he's stopped reversing that bus over them he might as well stay on it, cos he's a goner.

It is the interview you really want to hear from an opposing manager of a similarly poor side. Stinks of big butcher when he managed hibs. Long may that continue as that never ends well.

id say there are 7 sides all quite poor and every one could finish bottom and all could finish second bottom. We just need a few wins and I don’t think I’m a happy clapper in any way shape or form but I think we could and will get a few wins to take us up the table. We are certainly not worse than any of these other teams and we do seem to show a bit of fight, that should see us ok. 

26 minutes ago, mio said:

It is the interview you really want to hear from an opposing manager of a similarly poor side. Stinks of big butcher when he managed hibs. Long may that continue as that never ends well.

id say there are 7 sides all quite poor and every one could finish bottom and all could finish second bottom. We just need a few wins and I don’t think I’m a happy clapper in any way shape or form but I think we could and will get a few wins to take us up the table. We are certainly not worse than any of these other teams and we do seem to show a bit of fight, that should see us ok. 

I posted about Derek on a different thread but I found it honest and refreshing - the standard is garbage , much poorer than league 2 - he's right to call it out - his timing is questionable but what he said I thought was on the money. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I posted about Derek on a different thread but I found it honest and refreshing - the standard is garbage , much poorer than league 2 - he's right to call it out - his timing is questionable but what he said I thought was on the money. 

Looking forward to the next Ross Co training session, the morale is going to be mega!! Hopefully they go on a bad run now as who would want to play for him? Also his analysis of game was bonkers, if you look at the stats Dundee we're miles ahead of them.

Faddy called it right. If you want to call out your own players then fine but to criticise whole state of Scottish football was OTT in my opinion 

33 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

His Uncle Roy sacked Dick Campbell after a couple of months because the team weren't playing the right style of football, supposedly on the say-so of Adams Snr. Being top of the league obviously didn't wash. Wee Derek got the job back then, so mibbe he'll get Morecambe FC in his Christmas stocking this year.

13 hours ago, davkel said:

No time for cunts like Adams who say fuck all about the standard when they are winning. He had fuck all to say about the standard when RC won their last two games. Same with the OF if they win the league it's light up Dubai and the Clyde. Not a cheep about their achievement being run of the mill cos it's such a shite league. It just sounds like sour grapes from Adam's.

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Exactly questionable timing , had fuck all to say when they won their last two. Just sour grapes.

Blair Spittal's miss and the fact he never even hit the target was criminal. He's got to score. 

I'm also getting more that a bit fed up with Slattery's diving. If he focuses on getting his shot away instead of chucking himself to the deck he has a great chance. Someone really needs to get a hold of the laddie and coach it out of him. A total waste. 

Delighted for Kelly  - any suggestion that he isn't a very good gaolie is just nuts. Out of form and low on confidence do not suddenly make you a shite goalkeeper.

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

No time for cunts like Adams who say fuck all about the standard when they are winning. He had fuck all to say about the standard when RC won their last two games. Same with the OF if they win the league it's light up Dubai and the Clyde. Not a cheep about their achievement being run of the mill cos it's such a shite league. It just sounds like sour grapes from Adam's.

Agreed, he just sounded like a prick on Sportscene, Faddy called him out though reminding him that his previous club were nowhere near SPl standard.

28 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Agreed, he just sounded like a prick on Sportscene, Faddy called him out though reminding him that his previous club were nowhere near SPl standard.

Off topic but just watched the Highlights of Dundee Utd v Raith Rovers on twitter feed from RR. What a winning goal that was. Great to see Gallagher face up his arse and Watt can't even get into their starting 11. Two if the biggest cunts in football.

• Haha 1