Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Useless. We gifted them 2 goals and didn't lay a glove on them. Anyone who thinks this team and manager will gain 4 points out of the next 2 games hasn't been watching for the past several months. Kettlewell should've been out the door a while ago as he's shown that he doesn't have what it takes to get a tune out of this shower of absolute shite. The only thing that should save us from going straight down is that Livi are worse. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Useless. We gifted them 2 goals and didn't lay a glove on them. Anyone who thinks this team and manager will gain 4 points out of the next 2 games hasn't been watching for the past several months. Kettlewell should've been out the door a while ago as he's shown that he doesn't have what it takes to get a tune out of this shower of absolute shite. The only thing that should save us from going straight down is that Livi are worse. 

Can't blame any manager for players playing bad passes, taking poor first touches and not tracking runners from midfield.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Grew said:

I have been expecting to see some sign of improvement in our performances and results in recent weeks as we played teams in our peer group but I can’t discern any - Livingston, Ross County x 2, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone x 2, St. Mirren and Dundee. That’s 8 games where we’ve only managed 5 points from a possible 24. If that’s not enough to question the manager and direction of travel then I don’t know what is.

I raise that to 15 games with 6 points. 

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me
12 journeyman from England
6 points from 45
2 sportsence pundits
and a head of recruitment that's total pee. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Well we don’t have to wait long to find out if that’s true or not!

If we fail to beat Livingston at home next Saturday then that should be the end of Kettlewell. It’ll also be a big indicator that we are going to be relegated this season, IMO. Another draw, another ‘heroic’ last minute equaliser will not be good enough in that one, we need to win.

Christmas gifts come early as yet again cheap goals and game over before we start playing.

McGinn shows how badly we missed him and can we move Spencer to unnatural left side as he is honking on the right.  And don't start me on Slattery, sooner he goes the better, fed up with the falling on his arse routine.

And finally well done ref for a totally biased performance but in all honesty he didn't cost us the match.

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

If we fail to beat Livingston at home next Saturday then that should be the end of Kettlewell. It’ll also be a big indicator that we are going to be relegated this season, IMO. Another draw, another ‘heroic’ last minute equaliser will not be good enough in that one, we need to win.

I'd take a draw , 11 th is probably best we will get, I fear 

16 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Can't blame any manager for players playing bad passes, taking poor first touches and not tracking runners from midfield.

When you look at the past several months, I'm afraid to say that the buck does stop with the manager. It's his job to train and set them up, and if he can't get them to work hard and do simple things like track runners, for example, someone else might. He and the players have had umpteen chances to prove themselves, and they've collectively failed, but we can't sack the team.

Better second half but let's be honest it was probably more due to Rangers going down the gears and just seeing the game out.

That said Spencer should have scored.

Overall view coming away from that match is that we just don't have enough quality on the pitch to avoid anything other than a relegation scramble.

I've supported Kettlewell and said he should get till the winter break.

So the winter break is almost upon us and we have two matches left and we absolutely must beat Livingston.  

Otherwise is must surely be curtains for Kettlewell.

6 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

What you doing? We are already depressed as fuck. Play the game son.

To be fair it could and probably should have been a lot worse. I stayed to the end which is really something these days. A spirited performance second half but ultimately we carried no real threat in the final third. Paton killed the match within 20 minutes and could have been removed at anytime in the first half.

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

What makes you think he'd be anything other than mediocre if he was playing in the SPL?

Proven goalscorer in the league. May be a few years older now but I can guarantee he'd give more effort and carry more threat than the likes of Shaw.

The guys got an instinct that no-one other than Mika possesses right now.