Motherwell v Livingston 30/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Huge game for us and SK.

This is the one where we/he simply just has to get the win.

Our run is terrible, but Livvy havent won in 12 and have scored 1 goal in 11 games. Their last win was against us in October and they havent won a game away from home since August and that was against Lee Johnsons Hibs!

Ive stuck by SK up until now, albeit with a slight waver after the Ross County game. But if he loses this one there really is no case left for the defence and he would have to go.

Team selection, tactics and attitude of the players quite simply has to be spot on. No more room for mistakes individual or otherwise.

Dont care how we do it. Just win.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Huge game for us and SK.

This is the one where we/he simply just has to get the win.

Our run is terrible, but Livvy havent won in 12 and have scored 1 goal in 11 games. Their last win was against us in October and they havent won a game away from home since August and that was against Lee Johnsons Hibs!

Ive stuck by SK up until now, albeit with a slight waver after the Ross County game. But if he loses this one there really is no case left for the defence and he would have to go.

Team selection, tactics and attitude of the players quite simply has to be spot on. No more room for mistakes individual or otherwise.

Dont care how we do it. Just win.

agree this is a must win for SK to keep his job.  The fact that we got rid of both GA and SH quickly has no doubt played a part in no action been taken until now. 

For us to have any hope of getting away from relegation/play off positions this is a game we simply need to come out the blocks , get ahead and win. 

Not easy formation/team selection as ideally we need the SPL to allow us to have 12 players. 5 man defence, 4 midfielders and 2 up front - until we get improved quality on the park this issue persists. 

I have defended SK and backed him but I really feel he needs to win this one or it's time for a change as we can't continue this terrible run of form.

Hopefully a vital win and we can kickstart our season again.

Players also need to take a look at themselves and up their game and we need a vociferous home crowd to spur the lads on...COYW

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 for this one as Livi don't pose much of a goal threat and we need two up front to put pressure on their defence. So maybe:

Kelly

Spencer McGinn Blaney O'Donnell

Spittal Paton Zdravkovski Gent

Biereth Someone Else

I’ve not been a fan of the manager from the get go and if we were to lose this one, you might conclude it was time for him to go. However, playing devils advocate - unless the board has someone primed, ready and waiting in the wings would that do more damage than good, given the backing the players have been giving him publicly?

We are all hoping for a much needed win but you have to admit that anything less will put the board between a rock and a hard place.

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think an inconclusive  draw is most likely outcome on Saturday. We have trouble keeping clean sheets and Livi have trouble scoring.

Any kind of win will do though.

Yes, I’ll take any kind of win but we should be looking for a convincing win to kick off the rest of our season. SK needs to take us on a run like he did last season when he took Over. 

If we cannot get a much-needed win at home against our direct relegation rivals, which would take us to 16 games without a win, I would suggest that no manager deserves to remain in the job following that, regardless of whether replacement options are lined up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

A bit of a weird question but if I show up with a big Nike carry-on duffel bag will they let me in, or do we have a cloakroom type thing? Got a flight to catch not long after the game.

Just ask Kettlewell or Martindale if you can leave it next to their bags.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

A bit of a weird question but if I show up with a big Nike carry-on duffel bag will they let me in, or do we have a cloakroom type thing? Got a flight to catch not long after the game.

They let folk with bags from the Club shop so I don't see why there would be an issue. The steward outside the turnstile will probably have a look through it though. Especially given our reputation regards pyros. A quick phone call to the office should clear the way just to be sure. Or give you an option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

They let folk with bags from the Club shop so I don't see why there would be an issue. The steward outside the turnstile will probably have a look through it though. Especially given our reputation regards pyros. A quick phone call to the office should clear the way just to be sure. Or give you an option.

Thanks very much. I'll bring my boots just in case.