β€‹πŸ†β€‹SC Greenock Morton v Motherwell 09/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Two mistakes? There wasn’t a success in that entire team or performance tonight.Β 
Β 

It’s all well and good saying β€œmove onto the league” but the Cup gives us our only opportunity of potentially achieving something in the game. Or at the very least giving the club and the support something of a lift and a reason to look forward. But yet again we fail miserably early on in the competition against a lower league side for the second year running.

Its not acceptable.

No it's not but it's done now. And Morton have been flying lately. Was always going to be a tough tie

6 minutes ago, mfc said:

The sooner kelly is gone the better and chucking them in for a new club the better,what he was attempting at the first goal is a mystery and his distribution is god awful.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and should only be offered a new one on much reduced terms. If he doesn't like it show him the doorΒ 

• Like 1

Probably already said on this thread. But we didn’t win the battle before we could get the ball down and play.Β 
We played their game rather than impose our own footballing style.Β 
Yes, I’d absolutely drop Kelly but I can’t help feel sorry for SK tonight. The players didn’t turn up for him or the large amount of travelling fansΒ 

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

No it's not but it's done now. And Morton have been flying lately. Was always going to be a tough tie

It was always going to be a tough tie, yet we were as weak as piss throughout and were outbattled as we so often do in Cup ties. It’s just so infuriatingly predictable.

5 minutes ago, sinjy said:

I have supported Motherwell for 60 plus years

Β When I was 9 we went to Ibrox and won 5-2 then lost 1-0 at home to Airdrie I should have realised then that it was not worth it. All the hype after the Ross Co game, you just knew we would be let down.

Only 54 years for me but totally agree, I never went tonight or watched it on TV but the result is no surprise, I've lost count over the years of games that we go into as favourites after a great result or run of form, we take a big support and every time we feck it up.

But that's what you get supporting Motherwell it's not our 1st bad result and it won't be the last, we can concentrate on staying in the premiership now.

Last week SK said with lots of games coming we’d need to rotate team .

he didn’t do that . After 20 mins we were being outfought .

waited until too late before changing it .

When changed it Vale & Halliday made sense but equally we needed to break them down , Nicholson was the obvious choice .

God only knows what formation we ended up with .Β 
Β 

very poor man management and equally piss poor all over the pitchΒ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

It was always going to be a tough tie, yet we were as weak as piss throughout and were outbattled as we so often do in Cup ties. It’s just so infuriatingly predictable.

I'm in tears at the moment. I do get it. Sorry if I didn't word it to everyone's satisfactionΒ 

3 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Didn’t see the game but let me guessΒ 

poor defending, Kelly pish, midfield getting nothing and their passing was awful, Bair finishing was pish.Β 
How many did I get right?

We couldn't get the ball to Bair in space for him to have a shot. Other than that, you weren't far off..

Poor poor stuff. Losing battles and being out worked all over the pitch by the like of Alan Power, Robbie Crawford and George Oakley.Β 

The goals we conceded were a joke, that's the second year in a row our keeper has cost us dearly in the cup, it goes without saying you can't drop it on the line at your opponents feet and that second goal looked to slowly go in dead centre.Β 

The first half we looked slow and lethargic and we were screaming out for changes, when they didn't happen you just knew we'd get stung again before Kettlewell would act.Β 

A great chance to progress but deservedly brushed aside.Β 

9 minutes ago, mio said:

I’d take that Oakley all day long instead of certain strikers we have. Completely outfought and out muscled our defence all night. EmbarrassingΒ 

He's a Championship jobber; thats his level. Physical enough to make our backline look poor. He'll get found out.Β 

Just now, Mootherwell86 said:

Fucking shitebag bastards. Every fucking year with the same shit. Let’s cry next year about budgets and lack of cup runs. O’Donnell, Mugabi, Kelly, Obika, the board and maybe Kettlewell to fuck.Β 

This is O Donnell whose wife was due to give birth yesterday. Maybe Kettlewell shouldn't have played him. Honestly. Back to the same old shit different dayΒ 

Just now, Mootherwell86 said:

Fucking shitebag bastards. Every fucking year with the same shit. Let’s cry next year about budgets and lack of cup runs. O’Donnell, Mugabi, Kelly, Obika, the board and maybe Kettlewell to fuck.Β 

You could maybe have sworn some more in your first sentence 🀣🀣

1 minute ago, robsterwood said:

Power looks ok too. And Thier keeper looks better than kelly

Power is 36. The only thing he did was make sure the game didn't flow. If that's the kind of midfielder we sign, I'm done.. To say Morton had a better midfield would be to suggest they used it. They bypassed it every time.

The fact that simply launching it to the big man caused us so many problems, now that's the concern...

2 minutes ago, Mootherwell86 said:

Add Paton to that list. Not Kettle well yet.Β