2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, mothman said:

I see Ewan Wilson has come back to us from loan at Stirling Albion - possibly a result of Buyabu's mysterious departure. He looked quite promising in the league cup matches pre-season I thought.

I thought so too.

Was initially starting for Stirling Albion but has been getting minutes as a sub recently. 

May as well do that for us.

Be good to see another youngster develop and cone through the ranks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Is Joel Nouble coming to Motherwell on a  Pre Contract true does anyone know? 

Shitting bricks big man, eh? Don't worry, we'll always feed you first.

There's rumours about him and another of Livi's strikers; Yengi, maybe? Nothing concrete that anyone can confirm or deny.

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

I had actually heard it was Obileye, the centre half we had a PCA with. Nothing I've see of him suggests he's better than what we have (but then I'd have said that of Bair). Maybe cheaper than renewing Mugabi if we're cutting costs? 

Watched him a few times this season and tbh I'd rather keep Bevis unless he's on daft money.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Watched him a few times this season and tbh I'd rather keep Bevis unless he's on daft money.

Yup, I would rather keep Bevis than sign Obileye.  We all know what Bevis can do....and definitely can't do but is Obileye an upgrade?....no in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup, I would rather keep Bevis than sign Obileye.  We all know what Bevis can do....and definitely can't do but is Obileye an upgrade?....no in my opinion 

Would be hard not to agree with that. Don't think there's anyone there that would be an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, well_said said:

There's absolutely no one at Livingston that we should be taking at the moment.

Absolutely agree with this. The only player that I thought got pass marks last night was Jamie Brandon but we really don't need to go bargain basement shopping at a doomed club.

just keep gent and vale for next season on loan, promise blackburn 2 crackin players back ready for there top team the year after, oh n put yung lennon in a cupboard under the stairs till the start of next season or just take his car keys off him

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, smiddy said:

just keep gent and vale for next season on loan, promise blackburn 2 crackin players back ready for there top team the year after, oh n put yung lennon in a cupboard under the stairs till the start of next season or just take his car keys off him

Has he passed his driving test yet?

In think the only Livvy player I would be remotely interested in is Bruce Anderson. But that would depend on the strategy for next season and who else we are thinking about going after/retaining......

22 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

In think the only Livvy player I would be remotely interested in is Bruce Anderson. But that would depend on the strategy for next season and who else we are thinking about going after/retaining......

Apparently a PCA with Kilmarnock. Given he's played with Accies and Livingston, he clearly has some kind of plastic fetish. Don't let him near your daughter's Barbie...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Shamal George?

That name popped into my head as well. The thing is that there are bound to be a few good keepers not getting first team football, it's the nature of the position. Remember signing Carson and Gillespie in successive summers? George doesn't strike me as a terrible keeper but there may be better options out there...

Not sure I buy into the call that we shouldn't be signing anyone from Livi, they have a few good players in their squad that I'd be interested in.

Shamal George is not one of those players, I think the fact that the guy has been dropped for both Micheal McGovern and Jack Hamilton says it all.

I know a Livi fan that slates him fairly regularly.

Edited by Cameron_Mcd

10 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

That name popped into my head as well. The thing is that there are bound to be a few good keepers not getting first team football, it's the nature of the position. Remember signing Carson and Gillespie in successive summers? George doesn't strike me as a terrible keeper but there may be better options out there...

The Ross county goalie wickens is on loan from Fulham looks a good keeper, we should try and get him next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, well_said said:

The Ross county goalie wickens is on loan from Fulham looks a good keeper, we should try and get him next season.

I did think about him. He's a big lad with intimidating presence at 6-4, and can command his box. Has proved to be a good loan deal for Rossco. He's saved them a few goals. Doubt if we could afford him on loan though.

On another tack, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, does anyone think that Sam Nicholson was brought in as a possible long term replacement for Blair Spittal, who will almost certainly leave.

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I did think about him. He's a big lad with intimidating presence at 6-4, and can command his box. Has proved to be a good loan deal for Rossco. He's saved them a few goals. Doubt if we could afford him on loan though.

On another tack, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, does anyone think that Sam Nicholson was brought in as a possible long term replacement for Blair Spittal, who will almost certainly leave.

We won't know if we could afford him until we ask, Fulham might be happy to loan him out again.