2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Sorry, must be missing something. What's the connection between this chap and Obileye at Livi?

He looks an exciting prospect though. Most of the goals in the video seemed to involve horrendous goalkeeping so he should do well in the SPL.

None, other than a rumour during the transfer window that Obileye had signed a pre-contract with us. 

Ebiye's video suggests he may be a bit of a six-yard box poacher, something we haven't had for quite some time. These video's often flatter to deceive, but here's hoping.

End of loan deals
  • Georgie Gent - Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Adam Devine- Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Jack Vale- Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Oli Shaw- return

Out of contract (1st team squad)

• Liam Kelly- Release
  • Aston Oxborough- Release
  • Bevis Mugabi- Release
  • Ricki Lamie- Release
  • Stephen O'Donnell- Release
  • Callan Elliot- Release (Does he exist)
  • Paul McGinn- Offer contract
  • Barry Maguire- Release
  • Calum Butcher- Release
  • Callum Slattery- Release
  • Sam Nicholson-Offer contract
  • Blair Spittal-Offer contract
  • Jonathan Obika- Release
  • Mark Ferrie- Release

The players who we'd still have under contract are as follows:

• Dan Casey- Keep
  • Shane Blaney- Try Sell
  • Davor Zdravkovski- Keep
  • Lennon Miller- Keep unless offered 5+M
  • Harry Paton- Let go
  • Andy Halliday- Keep
  • Theo Bair- Keep unless offered 500+K
  • Ross Tierney- Release
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:
End of loan deals
  • Georgie Gent - Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Adam Devine- Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Jack Vale- Keep (IF POSSIBLE)
  • Oli Shaw- return

Out of contract (1st team squad)

• Liam Kelly- Release
  • Aston Oxborough- Release
  • Bevis Mugabi- Release
  • Ricki Lamie- Release
  • Stephen O'Donnell- Release
  • Callan Elliot- Release (Does he exist)
  • Paul McGinn- Offer contract
  • Barry Maguire- Release
  • Calum Butcher- Release
  • Callum Slattery- Release
  • Sam Nicholson-Offer contract
  • Blair Spittal-Offer contract
  • Jonathan Obika- Release
  • Mark Ferrie- Release

The players who we'd still have under contract are as follows:

• Dan Casey- Keep
  • Shane Blaney- Try Sell
  • Davor Zdravkovski- Keep
  • Lennon Miller- Keep unless offered 5+M
  • Harry Paton- Let go
  • Andy Halliday- Keep
  • Theo Bair- Keep unless offered 500+K
  • Ross Tierney- Release

That’s a bit brutal . There are some players worth keeping around to help the overall squad .

Likes of Paton , Kelly , S’OD and Mubagi have all added value .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

That’s a bit brutal . There are some players worth keeping around to help the overall squad .

Likes of Paton , Kelly , S’OD and Mubagi have all added value .

Disagree mate needs a refresh and introduction of a bit of quality Mugabi is fine as a squad player but he struggles to pass the ball 10 yards at times. The rest have been poor most of the last 2 seasons

1 minute ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Sorry but Bevis has been outstanding for us recently and his efforts on Saturday confirmed to me he is more than worth a new deal also figure in the fact he is good for a few goals a season 100 percent keep!

Agreed. He was always a good physical presence to have in defence, but his overall performances have improved since he joined us and he's been on top form recently.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Even though it seems like it's only me and SK that are fans of Slattery, I'd have him and Spittal at the top of my new contracts lists.

Definitely a player in Slattery, as his pedigree suggests.

He's incredible at winning fouls - one of the most fouled players in the league.

He's still relatively young/not hit his peak as well.

I'd keep Mugabi too, as well as O'Donnell but strictly as a backup and an experienced head in the squad. I don't exactly know what Nicholson does yet but he comes across as a genuinely nice chap, a good talker and technically more than good enough so I'd like him to stay if he wants to.

Really not sure about Slattery, he came through pre-season lean and playing really well but soon slipped back into his sluggish routine of looking for free kicks. He'll possibly be offered a short term deal so that he can rehabilitate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Sorry but Bevis has been outstanding for us recently and his efforts on Saturday confirmed to me he is more than worth a new deal also figure in the fact he is good for a few goals a season 100 percent keep!

I agree recently he has been brilliant however I'd still let him go I feel there's plenty of good Central Defenders in the free agent pool this summer and Mugabi is always a bit of a liability again if he stayed as a squad player I wouldn't overly mind

2 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Disagree mate needs a refresh and introduction of a bit of quality Mugabi is fine as a squad player but he struggles to pass the ball 10 yards at times. The rest have been poor most of the last 2 seasons

I like the way you've laid it out @thewelllfan. My only challenge is from current squad you'd retain 10 players,  and I don't have confidence that the club have the nouse to replace it with better quality. 

FWIW I completely agree about S'OD, Paton, Mugabi not being first team picks. Lots of plaudits for how improved Mugabi has been but persona view is he can't read the game, get's caught flat footed, wrong side of players all the time. (appreciate others disagree) 

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

I like the way you've laid it out @thewelllfan. My only challenge is from current squad you'd retain 10 players,  and I don't have confidence that the club have the nouse to replace it with better quality. 

FWIW I completely agree about S'OD, Paton, Mugabi not being first team picks. Lots of plaudits for how improved Mugabi has been but persona view is he can't read the game, get's caught flat footed, wrong side of players all the time. (appreciate others disagree) 

We should have a first-team squad of 20+ youth players so only 10 albeit with Daws heading the recruitment might be a bit audacious for the most part 1/3 of his signings come good.

Are we joining an 8 a side league next season then ? 😂😂

With regards to Bair add £1,000,000 onto it and we might be tempted.  English championship clubs minted.   Who would have thought we would be having that kind of discussion about the Bair about 4 months ago!!, love the big guy.   Long may it continue but hope it's not another Connor Sammon scenario.  Remember he had one awesome season for Killie ( assisted by Eremenko) , went down south for large transfer and then not done much since.

21 hours ago, wellfan said:

Scott Burns sounding like Stephen Robinson in his assessment of Moses. 

“Ebiye would enhance his frontline options as he can play through the middle or on either flank.”

We will play him at left back then

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Theo Bair- Keep unless offered 500+K

If he accepts an extended deal and his form continues into next season, there's no reason why we shouldn't expect his value to climb into the millions. 

Big changes over the summer I think. I'd say that Devine, Vale and Gent will all move on. Shaw should be allowed to return to his parent club.

I'd keep O'Donnell and Mugabi as backs ups; Of the others, I'd try to keep McGinn. Nicholson looks to be a player if we can get him fit. Elliot - who knows. Ferrie - not shown up much so far? Spittal is a lost cause, as he'll move on. Can we keep Bair and Miller - maybe one but not both.  Slattery is a real frustration as there's a good player in there but he's stalled and now injured of course. Help him to recover and then move on. . 

I'd like to see a bit more of Nicholson and something of Elliot and Ebileye in the coming games.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Are we joining an 8 a side league next season then ? 😂😂

With regards to Bair add £1,000,000 onto it and we might be tempted.  English championship clubs minted.   Who would have thought we would be having that kind of discussion about the Bair about 4 months ago!!, love the big guy.   Long may it continue but hope it's not another Connor Sammon scenario.  Remember he had one awesome season for Killie ( assisted by Eremenko) , went down south for large transfer and then not done much since.

Thats our usual turnover per season 15/16 out 10/12 in

As for Bair I think his numbers will probably drop off with the departure of Spittal looking more and more likely so I'd take a 500K+ Fee this summer and try find the next 1 tbf to our scouts they tend to find some fairly decent STS

19 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Think he came on for us in the League Cup, so he couldn't move to a 3rd senior club.

Ah right 

Forgot about that rule so makes sense although I did  think the WOSL were now under the SFA and subject to the same rules but not sure about that.