2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

25 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

The Rancid is reporting that SK is trying to fix up Georgie Gent and Jack Vale for next season. I hope he can pull that off ,but fear its a pipedream. .

Would have rather he got something in place before running to the press only alerts other clubs of their availability 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

It did get paid, though. Just took longer than usual because it was the first year MLS teams were in the scheme and their federation were trying to claim they were Tier 4 for the purposes of compensation pay outs. So it had to go through all the UEFA and FIFA bureaucracy until it was settled.

In the end, when Cadden signed for Hibs, the fee had to be paid before he got his clearance.

'Flow talked about this on a couple of occasions including confirming that it was paid.

Also, anybody who gives a footballer any credit for the brains to come up with a scheme like that hasn't met many footballers.

Must have missed the fact that it was paid.

I do recall Flow talking about being in communication with the US club but there were complications because they were outside the regulatory framework.

Ive never thought Cadden cooked the scheme up. Always felt is was down to Columbus Crew and his agent. I hold no ill will towards the player but Id rather we didnt end up in the same situation again.

Anyway, my post was intended to be light hearted so maybe I should have used some imojis! 😆😆😆

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Would have rather he got something in place before running to the press only alerts other clubs of their availability 

Hes no that daft. There is a plan.🤞

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Must have missed the fact that it was paid.

I do recall Flow talking about being in communication with the US club but there were complications because they were outside the regulatory framework.

Ive never thought Cadden cooked the scheme up. Always felt is was down to Columbus Crew and his agent. I hold no ill will towards the player but Id rather we didnt end up in the same situation again.

Anyway, my post was intended to be light hearted so maybe I should have used some imojis! 😆😆😆

Just finish with a Ba boom.....and COYW!!   That is always my tactic !!!

Ba boom 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

The Rancid is reporting that SK is trying to fix up Georgie Gent and Jack Vale for next season. I hope he can pull that off ,but fear its a pipedream. .

The Rancid put out a report today that mentioned Rangers had already beaten Dundee and taken three points from Dens Park "last night."

The fact they don't even seem to know what day it is makes me question anything they have to say regarding us.

19 hours ago, David said:

The Rancid put out a report today that mentioned Rangers had already beaten Dundee and taken three points from Dens Park "last night."

The fact they don't even seem to know what day it is makes me question anything they have to say regarding us.

Looks like they've got their celebrity obituary writer doubling up with the fitba reports now.

• Like 1

I remember the Record back in the day when, even if I didn't agree with what they posted, they had actual journalists writing the content and reporting the stories. 

It's a shadow of the publication it once was. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, David said:

I remember the Record back in the day when, even if I didn't agree with what they posted, they had actual journalists writing the content and reporting the stories. 

It's a shadow of the publication it once was. 

All print news outlets are the same now, not worth reading.

32 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Print news has been in a terminal decline for a long time, and the Daily Record died when it published ‘The Vow’. 

Sorry, whats the Vow got to do, with it? I wouldn't have thought that a romantic film was that contentious (just Wiki'd it).  Am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Sorry, whats the Vow got to do, with it? I wouldn't have thought that a romantic film was that contentious (just Wiki'd it).  Am I missing something here?

Published just before the vote in 2014 re Scottish independence 

53 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Print news has been in a terminal decline for a long time, and the Daily Record died when it published ‘The Vow’. 

It all went downhill for The Record after they stopped running Angus Og.

• Haha 3

On 4/10/2024 at 9:24 AM, Yodo said:

The players pay agents to sound out  clubs for prospective deals anyway.

Any views on Sam Nicholson? The quiet man of Fir Park it would seem. He'd hardly played any football for a while before joining us and has only played a few minutes here and there since.  Fitness is not surprisingly a problem but he's looked fine in flashes.

Should he be offered a new deal? Would he be a replacement for Blair Spittal? Didn't quite understand his role yesterday as a wing back when he came on.

54 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Any views on Sam Nichlson? The quiet man of Fir Park it would seem. He'd hardly played any football for a while before joing us and has only played a few minutes here and there since.  Fitness is not surprisingly a problem but he's looked fine in flashes.

Should he be offered a new deal? Would he be a replacement for Blair Spittal? Didn't quite understand his role yesterday as a wing back when he came on.

Nicholson was pretty crap yesterday, but he's a LM and Kettlewell put him at RWB, so I’ll cut him some slack. He’s not shown anything to suggest he’ll be an able replacement for Spittal, but I imagine Kettlewell will offer him a deal anyway.  

I also thought Halliday was crap as well yesterday when he came on, although he’s confirmed as ours for next season. Davor and Miller are ahead of him in the pecking order, and Paton will likely be as well once back from injury. 

13 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Nicholson was pretty crap yesterday, but he's a LM and Kettlewell put him at RWB, so I’ll cut him some slack. He’s not shown anything to suggest he’ll be an able replacement for Spittal, but I imagine Kettlewell will offer him a deal anyway.  

I also thought Halliday was crap as well yesterday when he came on, although he’s confirmed as ours for next season. Davor and Miller are ahead of him in the pecking order, and Paton will likely be as well once back from injury. 

Midfield already looks to be a potential problem for next term. Spittal is leaving and Miller might too. Paton is ok but injured. Slattery - injured but who knows. Davor - flatters to deceive and lightweight. Halliday  - not fit but not impressed either. Nicholson - who knows. Tierney  - not fancied by SK. Maguire - leaving?

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Midfield already looks to be a potential problem for next term. Spittal is leaving and Miller might too. Paton is ok but injured. Slattery - injured but who knows. Davor - flatters to deceive and lightweight. Halliday  - not fit but not impressed either. Nicholson - who knows. Tierney  - not fancied by SK. Maguire - leaving?

The midfield is looking to be a big problem should Miller also leave. There are a lot of unknowns in that department. I think the entire squad needs an overhaul in general. 

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Apparently Paton is recovering well. I'd like to see Slattery offered terms. I think Davor is decent. Not bothered about Tierney tbh or Maguire 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, wellfan said:

queue a centre half role for Halliday :)

• Haha 1