2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

13 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Goss, where is he,???. Cornelius, aye right, furlong, add Gent, well better, Butcher, slow last season, slower than normal this, if you can't make an argument, stop posting!!!!!. 

Goss is at astereas tripolis in Greece where he has made ten appearances this season with no goals scored.

32 minutes ago, well_said said:

Goss is at astereas tripolis in Greece where he has made ten appearances this season with no goals scored.

Just the type of player we can afford to resign.

Certainly not been our strongest squad in recent years but one thing that can't be faulted is the team spirit and determination. Look at the amount of injury time goals we have scored to rescue points. Yes I know it's only draws but they have kept battling and those points have been crucial.

With regards to signing players I hope Kettlewell isn't daft enough to give Obika another year. Now that has been a poor signing (apart from goal at Parkhead)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Ryan Jack and Halliday would be a decent midfield in wheelchair fitba.

The club have put out a Liam Kelly highlights video... an ominous sign.

Why is it ominous? He is out of contract at the end of the season so we aren't touting him for sale as he can walk away.

3 minutes ago, grumpy said:

Why is it ominous? He is out of contract at the end of the season so we aren't touting him for sale as he can walk away.

I mean it's worrying that they might be warming us up to announce he's a signed a new deal. 

He's our top earner and by far the worst goalkeeper in the league. We are the worst team at defending set pieces in the league because of him. We have to sign a new starting goalkeeper and free up his wage for a player that can make a positive contribution. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Had a wee look at Jacks recent injuries calf and muscle he will 100 percent be on our radar they will be looking for someone to hang with Johnny no hams Obika once he signs on for another year!

Wouldn't be surprised to see him roll up at Killie.

McInnes's type of player.

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

I mean it's worrying that they might be warming us up to announce he's a signed a new deal. 

He's our top earner and by far the worst goalkeeper in the league. We are the worst team at defending set pieces in the league because of him. We have to sign a new starting goalkeeper and free up his wage for a player that can make a positive contribution. 

Ah, ok, I understand what you meant now.

As to Kelly being the worst in the league, we'll have to agree to differ on that one. In terms of a new deal, I suspect it may be a bit like Casey last year, we offer him reduced terms, he doesn't agree, he looks about and nothing better materialises and then resigns. Plus, if (and I think it is a big if) he goes to the Euros, if he is a 'Well player we get money for his inclusion, no bad thing in the current climate.

2 hours ago, grumpy said:

Ah, ok, I understand what you meant now.

As to Kelly being the worst in the league, we'll have to agree to differ on that one. In terms of a new deal, I suspect it may be a bit like Casey last year, we offer him reduced terms, he doesn't agree, he looks about and nothing better materialises and then resigns. Plus, if (and I think it is a big if) he goes to the Euros, if he is a 'Well player we get money for his inclusion, no bad thing in the current climate.

The Kelly situation is unusual, If we had a Scotland squad regular we would be desperate for him to sign a new deal but with Kelly I am not bothered either way. He is certainly not worst goalie in league and he also kept us in league over 3 years ago which we should all be grateful for. Also there have been goalies a lot poorer than him in recent years..... Chapman.....Samson.....Twardzik.

However I also feel we can get a goalie on lower terms than Kelly.

8 hours ago, steelboy said:

I hardly think so. They can put out what they like on twitter without there being an agenda behind it. 

13 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

This is it.

It's not there when I look at the Motherwell fc feed for some reason. No idea why. Ah ok. It's from a few days ago. That's why I couldn't find it. Cheers 

23 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Would you take Kevin Van Veen back at the end of the season 

I would say if we did he would play with Theo Bair 

No even in a lucky bag. His race is run.

• Like 2

Talk of Ryan Jack and his injury record got me thinking about a conversation had at Fir Park earlier this season.

Should we be looking at our physio department? Dunne and Moult couldn't stay fit at Fir Park and now they're available for selection most weeks. And the number of injuries we've had this season seems a lot...

6 hours ago, TheoBair14 said:

Would you take Kevin Van Veen back at the end of the season 

I would say if we did he would play with Theo Bair 

Nope. 

We got peak Kev in his last season. Given his age and his normal goal scoring form of single digit seasons, I never wanted him back. 

Just bask in his record breaking season and look forward to the next Kev we uncover.

I'd be happier if we kept Vale for next season. 

• Like 5