2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Aye, point well made. I think he'll be fine. Would be pleased with 10 or so goal contributions from.

Quite a few folk have written him off already.

He's averaged 12.5 mins on the park over 4 appearances, scored one and should have had an assist if it weren't for Oli Shaw being OLI FUCKING SHAW.

Honestly. That's just absurd. It's even more absurd than the way folk felt about Bair. 

Seen a list of players out of contract this summer across the league and their some very good players for a club like us available on Frees.

Obviously Bruce Anderson would be great and we should be in for him but I think Kettlewell would probably make Joel Nouble a 10-15 goal a season Striker.

Ross Callachan and Simon Murray of Ross County

3 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Seen a list of players out of contract this summer across the league and their some very good players for a club like us available on Frees.

Obviously Bruce Anderson would be great and we should be in for him but I think Kettlewell would probably make Joel Nouble a 10-15 goal a season Striker.

That's a horrorshow of a list. 

Take four players from the teams below and you are only headed in one direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, thewelllfan said:

Anderson is off to Killie. Wages would be an issue for us, if Ross County want to keep players. I've no opinion on Murray but Callachan is a bit of a headless chicken going by his spells at Kirkcaldy, Edinburgh and Perth. I watched him a fair bit whilst he was at Starks Park and he always worked damned hard but didn't actually do anything. 

1 minute ago, thewelllfan said:

Dundee are in for Anderson I believe - although there will obviously be other offers. 

Taking the teams below us is normally how we stay up. This season our 2 best players were Spittal and Bair who we got off county and st Johnstone

Just now, steelboy said:

That's a horrorshow of a list. 

Take four players from the teams below and you are only headed in one direction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Dundee are in for Anderson I believe - although there will obviously be other offers. 

Anderson is a solid player imo works very hard ends up on good positions

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

Has Callachan kicked a ball since he suffered an acl injury a year ago?

Didn't realise he'd been out that long probably wouldn't touch him then don't need anymore crocks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

Has Callachan kicked a ball since he suffered an acl injury a year ago?

If not, he aligns perfectly with our strategy of signing crocked players...

2 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Taking the teams below us is normally how we stay up. This season our 2 best players were Spittal and Bair who we got off county and st Johnstone

And what's happened to our league position since Spittal became our main man?

We went from 5th to 7th to currently 9th.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's Spittals fault that we are 9th? I thought it was our defence and our goalie and our not good enough manager?🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steelboy said:

So you admit we have missed Slattery?

22 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

We have missed Slattery a lot I believe. 

Me too. But plenty don't rate him. I thought our strongest lineup included Miller, Spittal and Slattery. 

31 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Me too. But plenty don't rate him. I thought our strongest lineup included Miller, Spittal and Slattery. 

Technique wise I'd agree, but I think Davor coming into the team has really allowed Miller and Spittal to play a bit more because he screens the defence far better than the three of them do together. He doesn't do anything that dazzles but he does a really good job of the stuff that's underappreciated.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Technique wise I'd agree, but I think Davor coming into the team has really allowed Miller and Spittal to play a bit more because he screens the defence far better than the three of them do together. He doesn't do anything that dazzles but he does a really good job of the stuff that's underappreciated.

I'm good with Davor making up the 4, playing in a diamond. I just think we miss Slattery.

Or if you want to full-on SK, playing in a 3-1-3-1-2.

• Haha 2

Just now, weeyin said:

I'm good with Davor making up the 4, playing in a diamond. I just think we miss Slattery.

I agree. I rate Davor too but I think when Slattery and Spittal were both on their game we had a really good midfield. Slattery would also get the odd goal now and then. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, wellfan said:

It could also be argued that our defensive coaching needs to be addressed. The staff have got something out of our attacking plays via coaching Bair, whereas our defensive plays are pathetic and predictable. For example, we have a dedicated goalkeeping coach and an analyst who seems to have spent a lot of time with Bair on attacking improvements, so why not a defensive coach (maybe we do?), particularly given it's been our Achilles heel? Behind the scenes, technical tweaks can be the difference between a bang-average team like ours finishing top or bottom six. We quite simply cannot afford to concede as many cheap goals as we do on an ongoing basis. 

That's a decent and frustrating point of this season.

It was interesting to watch the analysis of getting the best out of Bair.
We will never ever get to see the follow your man at corners clips on the socials!

Heard the two boys from Raith have signed, I work with their scout, says both are decent in championship, but thinks they will struggle in the Premier. The joy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Heard the two boys from Raith have signed, I work with their scout, says both are decent in championship, but thinks they will struggle in the Premier. The joy.

Assuming one's Dylan Easton, who's the other?

18 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

I remember the Dundee boys were saying exactly the same thing when they signed McCowan from Ayr Utd.

That turned out no too shabby for them.