2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 minutes ago, David said:

Well, "wee Dougie" has spoken, everyone. Guess we should all just log out and come back when next season kicks off.

Back to the "computer football" it is.

I've legitimately got Football Manager booting up as I'm finished work for the day... I guess it'd be rude not to.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

David, if you think the players mentioned would enhance our squad, then yes, stick to computer football. We are all entitled to an opinion, but christ the players mentioned are absolute dross, in my opinion. 

and only your opinion counts why?

10 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

It's only my opinion, but nice to see you stick up for your admin pal. Who would you like to see????. 

We all like to see Kevin De Bruyne, or Harry Kane, Kyle walker etc sign for us but back in reality the market we operate in is scouring the world for the next " Bair pitch project" or some other player we can develop.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We all like to see Kevin De Bruyne, or Harry Kane, Kyle walker etc sign for us but back in reality the market we operate in is scouring the world for the next " Bair pitch project" or some other player we can develop.

They're all pish. The club needs to show some ambition and bring back Kevin Van Veen. 

With regard to van veen, I’m sure we arranged a deal with Groningen when selling him that if they get promoted this season we’d get £100k (reported somewhere….. can’t remember where)

They are sitting 3rd with a chance still of promotion 

2 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I tell you one thing I really hope  McGinn signs up for another couple of years and I would make him captain.

Yep I would take Hanlon aswell on year deal maybe two.

Hopefully he will now we are safe. I'd make Casey captain. 

3 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I tell you one thing I really hope  McGinn signs up for another couple of years and I would make him captain.

Yep I would take Hanlon aswell on year deal maybe two.

Are we aiming for the Top Six or remaking Still Game?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wee Dougie said:

It's only my opinion, but nice to see you stick up for your admin pal. Who would you like to see????. 

Don't really care to be honest, my knowledge of upcoming prospects and players ready to make the next step is limited. I wasn't sticking up for anyone.

5 hours ago, Wee Dougie said:

David, if you think the players mentioned would enhance our squad, then yes, stick to computer football.

I didn't think Theo Bair would enhance our squad, so maybe the "computer football" is a good shout!

Seriously though, you don't have to agree with players that other members suggest, but don't be a prick. No one likes a prick.

Paul Hanlon has been terrible for years, we'd be mental to offer him a contract, Byrne we've been linked to in the past haven't we? He's a good player at championship but as Dundee have found out, not good enough for the Premiership.

18 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I personally think wee Dougie has made valid points. All about opinion folks and should be respected rather than it turning into petty arguments. 

COYW

No, he's perfectly entitled to disagree with people's opinions on potential signings, but he doesn't need to be telling people that their opinions don't matter. Their opinions are just as valid as his.

Look at the post below yours. Cameron disagrees with Hanlon as a signing and manages to convey that without acting like a knob about it.

He can't expect his opinion or approach to be respected when he's showing so little of it in return.

13 minutes ago, David said:

No, he's perfectly entitled to disagree with people's opinions on potential signings, but he doesn't need to be telling people that their opinions don't matter. Their opinions are just as valid as his.

Look at the post below yours. Cameron disagrees with Hanlon as a signing and manages to convey that without acting like a knob about it.

He can't expect his opinion or approach to be respected when he's showing so little of it in return.

Fair do's,   though bear in mind the posts when basically every player is written off and some players more than others get ridiculous pelters.....halliday, SOD.

Constructive criticism is spot on in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Fair do's,   though bear in mind the posts when basically every player is written off and some players more than others get ridiculous pelters.....halliday, SOD.

Halliday Sod Paton

Slattery 🤬..  

Everyone 🤣🤣🤣

36 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Byrne we've been linked to in the past haven't we? He's a good player at championship but as Dundee have found out, not good enough for the Premiership.

I think he's possibly one of the 2 rumoured Raith targets, partly because of our previous interest. Do I think he's Premiership level? Thats another matter entirely.

23 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Again, people are free to post the opinion they wish. As long as they do so without belittling others and making out that their opinion is all that matters.

And likewise, others are free to debate those opinions. That's what it's all about, after all. 

In a few weeks, we'll have nothing to discuss except rumours and innuendo, so we may as well get used to it!

• Thanks 1

From the players I'm seeing mentioned on here I'd take Shaun Rooney always thought he was a threat at RWB for St Johnstone. Don't want us anywhere near Paul Hanlon however he's been poor for Hibs and definetley not what we need to improve our poor defence.

Regarding Halliday I’ve mixed feelings. I agree that his pace ain’t great but he does have good awareness, takes up good positions and is constantly talking and pointing things to other players trying to encourage them on and showing them options they might not have seen. Maybe not a stick on starter every week but if we’re set up for others to cover his lack of pace then I think he could be a worthwhile addition to help others manage the game on the park. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1