New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

12 hours ago, wellfan said:

I would happily double/triple my monthly direct debit to the Well Society, but they've never asked, although I think the time is now for them to do so. If we want tangible change and improvement, we and they need to act.

Ok Im asking on behalf of the Society right now. Will you tripple your contribution evety month and save our great wee club

11 hours ago, stv said:

Ok Im asking on behalf of the Society right now. Will you tripple your contribution evety month and save our great wee club

Probably prepared to double it, triple it not so sure. Would need some more info first.

Current level of member, how many members contribute monthly pledges. total  monthly income. that way we can say what average payment is. I appreciate early days members paid a lump sum to join, they may or may not continue with monthly payments.

3 hours ago, Villageman said:

I appreciate early days members paid a lump sum to join, they may or may not continue with monthly payments.

That issue badly needs addressed and the now standard monthly subscription approach needs communicated to all. That was the boat I was in  paying in the odd top up but I'm now changing that. 

47 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

The guy at at mirren is doing well. 

St Mirren are doing well on the park not so well off it.

Soft loans due to be repaid in the next 12 months and one of only 2 clubs who haven't yet made a single repayment on their covid loan.

Just now, santheman said:

St Mirren are doing well on the park not so well off it.

Soft loans due to be repaid in the next 12 months and one of only 2 clubs who haven't yet made a single repayment on their covid loan.

Interesting. I think they get donations from mental health charity too and kibble.

53 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

I don't think our supports big enough for sustained fan ownership model. I pay at match that's enough. Would like to see investor come in. 

Agree, we just don’t have the fan base to keep the club at a level where it can compete. Especially if other clubs are going to have investment. 

• Like 2

I think it depends on how you define "Can compete".

Does it mean: 

A remain in the Premiership..just

B drop to Championship with an occasional foray to the Premiership

C settle in the Championship like Morton or Ayr. 

22 minutes ago, MJC said:

St.Mirren are a completely different set up to us so it’s pointless comparing us with them. 

They're actually pretty similar 

In July 2021, St Mirren completed their five-year journey to become a fan-owned club. The St Mirren Independent Supporters Association (SMiSA) bought out the remaining shareholding of chairman Gordon Scott to become majority (51%) owners of the Buddies.

9 minutes ago, santheman said:

They're actually pretty similar 

In July 2021, St Mirren completed their five-year journey to become a fan-owned club. The St Mirren Independent Supporters Association (SMiSA) bought out the remaining shareholding of chairman Gordon Scott to become majority (51%) owners of the Buddies.

But they've got Kibble as an independent 'source of money'. They're not like us in that the fan owned model is the main shareholder. That's why they were in a position to offer KvV "twice as much as we could" last month, even though he didn't end up going there.

37 minutes ago, MJC said:

But they've got Kibble as an independent 'source of money'. They're not like us in that the fan owned model is the main shareholder. That's why they were in a position to offer KvV "twice as much as we could" last month, even though he didn't end up going there.

I don't doubt you're right. However, is Kibble not a charity?

55 minutes ago, MJC said:

And do Kibble gift them this money, or does it require to be paid back in the form of a soft loan?

The Well Society currently own 70% of the club.

We could sell 19% to an investor and retain majority shareholding to generate some revenue if the St Mirren model is so attractive.....

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Kibble haven't put any money into St Mirren other than the 400k that bought their 27% shareholding. How they've used that I don't know.

They provide training opportunities for young people, help to fund their youth programme and community initiatives much like our Community Trust.

They've also got 1.6m of loans due in the next year and a covid loan of 1m that they haven't started paying yet (according to their own fans)

They are in as much danger as us and pinning all their hopes on player sales (mainly Bacchus)getting them out of the shit.

Anyway who gives a toss about St Mirren.

6 hours ago, robsterwood said:

I don't think our supports big enough for sustained fan ownership model. I pay at match that's enough. Would like to see investor come in. 

I completely agree with you. I don't think we have enough well society members to sustain this model. I want to see outside investment 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

That issue badly needs addressed and the now standard monthly subscription approach needs communicated to all. That was the boat I was in  paying in the odd top up but I'm now changing that. 

I've been a well society member since 2018 and Ive been paying a fiver a month ever since because that's all I could afford. That option was on offer to me then. 

I think my mum is going to join as well. She was going to after the video. 

They do have a 3 quid a month option for people on low incomes which is also good. 

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think it depends on how you define "Can compete".

Does it mean: 

A remain in the Premiership..just

B drop to Championship with an occasional foray to the Premiership

C settle in the Championship like Morton or Ayr. 

I'd personally go for A this season but preferably higher. 

29 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I've been a well society member since 2018 and Ive been paying a fiver a month ever since because that's all I could afford. That option was on offer to me then. 

I think my mum is going to join as well. She was going to after the video. 

They do have a 3 quid a month option for people on low incomes which is also good. 

You can pay in whatever amount you like ie £2, £6, £8.50, £17 whatever - just contact the Society to arrange (I've asked). The £5, £10 etc options are only there for convenience.

I would reckon that if monthly subscriptions were to cover a shortfall in bad year we're looking at 3,800 members paying in an average of about  £35 each every month. Thats a very crude figure of course and doesn't take into account any other fund raising initiatives.  (£1.6m /3,800/12) 

8 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

You can pay in whatever amount you like ie £2, £6, £8.50, £17 whatever - just contact the Society to arrange (I've asked). The £5, £10 etc options are only there for convenience.

I would reckon that if monthly subscriptions were to cover a shortfall in bad year we're looking at 3,800 members paying in an average of about  £35 each every month. Thats a very crude figure of course and doesn't take into account any other fund raising initiatives.  (£1.6m /3,800/12) 

I didn't actually know that. I just paid the fiver as it was all I could afford and they must have added the low income option after I joined. That's fair enough though. I can afford the fiver and I'll get my mum signed up tomorrow.