LIvingston V Motherwell 28/02/2024

Kmcalpin

17 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I may have dismissed Bair, which I think was fair at the time because his record before signing for us was mince. However, he’s turned it around and I've since acknowledged that and praised him. His effort was never in question. 

On Vale, I was actually more positive, and he's lived up to my expectations and more. For example: 

Wow you are trying too hard now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

He may actually want to stay. He's settled, happy, just had a kid, so the improved terms that will be on offer might be enough for him.

Nae offence mate but he'young man with a young family if someone offers to to double/ tremble his wages he won't gives two fucks if he's settled. Why do football fans have these misty eyed notions of what players are in the game for. 

22 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'm sure we will but if Aberdeen , Hibs , Hearts or clubs of that statue want him we cannot compete on wages.

Im sure earlier in the season and last season when we were shite there were loads on here slating him, now he's playing well its a diffrent story. Football fans have very short memories.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Nae offence mate but he'young man with a young family if someone offers to to double/ tremble his wages he won't gives two fucks if he's settled. Why do football fans have these misty eyed notions of what players are in the game for. 

I'm not misty eyed. I'd just like him to stay 

45 minutes ago, stv said:

Im sure earlier in the season and last season when we were shite there were loads on here slating him, now he's playing well its a diffrent story. Football fans have very short memories.

Absolutely this. Him and Slattery were getting slated all over social media... (Don't know about here as  I wasn't posting or reading)Maybe deservedly so. Glad to see him doing well. Think the entire team just lost confidence 

13 hours ago, wellfan said:

Read my other posts and you'll see that I haven't dismissed the draws. I've acknowledged that they've helped with our league position. 

You can have your broken record view, and I can have mine. 

Take your tedious Socratic questioning and personal abuse elsewhere. 

Where was the personal abuse in this?

A deserved win last night and an important one. Wherever we end up, it won't be in 12th spot. 

I've been critical of SK in the past, but I wouldn't blame him for last night's team selection.  Both Vale and Gent were running on empty after Sunday and looked as if they'd taken knocks. Maybe a controversial suggestion but could Obika have started in place of Nicholson and been subbed at half time; but thats being wise in hindsight. Livingston scored the obligatory goal and fortunately it came very early; early enough in fact to allow us to recover. As against Celtic, we defended too deeply but still left gaps to be exploited.

After a 14  minute spell of high pressing, Livi then decided to sit back and defend their single goal lead; that was on Martindale. I thought their gameplan was working pretty well and we could learn lessons from them. We did however fashion some chances from crosses which we failed to convert. Their big back line defended deeply and their strikers / midfield fought for everyting and defended 40 yards out.  They swarmed around our our wide men and made it hard for us to get anywhere near goal. Bair was left isolated (hence my Obika comment). Our midfield struggled to create anything and was forced back anytime they tried to advance much over the halfway line. Plenty of possession but no penetration.

SK transformed the second half with the introduction of the lively Vale for the out of touch Davor. We then began to play some nice footie and started to hit the byline. Just after the break Nicholson notched his first goal for us to be followed by Spittal and Vale. All well taken goals. Late on we saw the appearance of Gent, Blaney and Obika and saw the game out well.  

Overall a good team performance, Livi's early goal and our defending apart. We played some nice football as well. So SK and SK deserve credit for getting it right on the night, as do the players. I thought Livi were overly physical and niggly and very streetwise. Just what you'd expect.  I thought John Beaton let them off with a lot - play acting, niggles, timewasting. One absurd incident summed it up for me. We were awarded a free kick and were about to place the  ball, when a Livi player grabbed it and then threw it about 10 yards away, right under the ref's nose. Surely a yellow card; no action taken. 

A good night all round though. A final word of credit to the Well Bois, Block E, East Stand Collective(?). Pyros apart (thats another issue), they sang and drummed all night and created atmosphere. Well done lads.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Think he means when I said he was 'fucking tedious'.  Thought it was more accurate and descriptive rather than abusive though.

4 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

3 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Think he means when I said he was 'fucking tedious'.  Thought it was more accurate and descriptive rather than abusive though.

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Thats my point, I don't think that's" personal abuse" 

Let's start with this, where I'm a 'dumbfuck' for having a view.  Trace many posts back; you'll see that this individual has chosen to get personal more than once.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 10:11 PM, Chanzeypopz said:

No you won't, and stop posting this nonsense.

What???

This reply makes no sense to what I posted.

Im not sure whats nonsense about suggesting we've had a weird season but ok then 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

What???

This reply makes no sense to what I posted.

Im not sure whats nonsense about suggesting we've had a weird season but ok then 🤷‍♂️

Go back and look at the post, this isn’t a response to you