Motherwell v Aberdeen 16/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

They're there to be beaten by 3 goals, but we’re also there to immediately capitulate and concede 3 again. However, given they're in dire straits and we’re doing better, we should be looking to batter them at Fir Park this weekend.

This season has been mental. Beat Aberdeen on Saturday and we go eight points in front of them. At one point the games played were really unbalanced they were just above us sitting on 4 or 5 points more with 3 games in hand, I fully expected them to be out of sight. It's frustrating to think we threw away a three-goal lead at Pittodrie as we had blown them away. If Duk starts then please launch him into Wishaw post haste, seems to have the effect that VV did with them.

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hopefully we can put a demoralised Aberdeen to the sword but I seem to remember a few times when Aberdeen were absolutely gash and then they come to Fir Park and pump us!

Yup that is my fear.  When a team on bad run the Well always seem to be one they find form against.... hopefully I am wrong....COYW

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yup that is my fear.  When a team on bad run the Well always seem to be one they find form against.... hopefully I am wrong....COYW

You are wrong, as we have beaten many teams that were on a bad run - the most recent being Livi, and a few games before that, we hammered Ross County. You (we) just tend not to remember them.

Doesn't mean we won't have a tough game today, because Aberdeen are going to be fighting for their league survival (or at least they should be). So we need to make sure we are on it from kick off.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

What’s the line up?

Kelly, SOD, Casey, Mugabe, McGinn, Blaney

Miller, Spittal, Nicholson

The Bair and Vale

• Thanks 1