Motherwell v Aberdeen 16/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

13 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Yet another game, where its all about the officials. 

Two or three of the fouls he's given them when they're under pressure are just ridiculous. 

Three minutes added is a joke.  I don't think I've seen a half of football this season with 3 mins added. Even the number of subs that have been made would make the three mins up, and thats ignoring the time wasting.

No passion no effort we carved a couple good chances in the second half. Not helped by a poor refereeing performance mark ferrie needs another year at least of development  football no where near first team ready and our manager should see that. Extremely poor today. I try to give us the benefit of the doubt and I’ll praise us when we do well but that was guff. If we played like that against a good team we’d be deservedly turned over at a canter

Poor game, a few players struggling today. When Spittal has an off game it definitely affects us.

On a plus side is we have three 17 yr old Scots on the park. Looks ok for the future.

end of the day though it’s a loss when it should have been a draw. VAR has screwed us. I don’t think either side deserved a win.

1 minute ago, mio said:

Poor game, a few players struggling today. When Spittal has an off game it definitely affects us.

On a plus side is we have three 17 yr old Scots on the park. Looks ok for the future.

end of the day though it’s a loss when it should have been a draw. VAR has screwed us. I don’t think either side deserved a win.

Agree - other than vale I thought all forwards were poor

Changing wingbacks didn’t work today either - no real pressure from anyone 

1-1 would have been fair - should never have been ruled out 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:10 AM, MJC said:

Hope we win but can’t see it. This has all the hallmarks of a defeat. (Big win at Ibrox, on paper this fixture should be ‘easier’).

0-1 Aberdeen

Thank you. 

Just now, GrahamH said:

I’m not sure there’s much difference between Bears “handball” and the one at the end with Shinnie.

Other than everybody saw Shinnie’s and no one saw Bair’s but yet one is called and one is not. Would at least be good to have the officials explain the different outcome for the two instances

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Put your dick away.

I prefer to keep it in my pants to be honest, that way I don’t run the risk of being arrested for indecent exposure and all that. 👍

If i messed up at my job as hard as the officials at Fir park did today i would be suspended or even sacked, So why do these clowns get to keep pulling this shit week in week out ? If what happend today happend to Celtic or Rangers there would maybe be an investigation but because we are small time nothing will happen. They will be out next week making a horses arse of some other game. Not much to play for now but saying that if we keep playing like we did today we might find ourselves in the play off spot 💁‍♀️ Could be worse i guess, We could be Dundee United 

1 minute ago, Chanzeypopz said:

If i messed up at my job as hard as the officials at Fir park did today i would be suspended or even sacked, So why do these clowns get to keep pulling this shit week in week out ? If what happend today happend to Celtic or Rangers there would maybe be an investigation but because we are small time nothing will happen. They will be out next week making a horses arse of some other game. Not much to play for now but saying that if we keep playing like we did today we might find ourselves in the play off spot 💁‍♀️

It’s the inconsistencies with VAR and refereeing decisions that is most frustrating. What you see pulled back one week is let go the next. It’s just scunnering.

That said we were awful today. Flat, ineffective, weak in midfield and conceded a poor goal. Just so depressingly predictable.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hopefully we can put a demoralised Aberdeen to the sword but I seem to remember a few times when Aberdeen were absolutely gash and then they come to Fir Park and pump us!

Yep, seen that movie a few times!

Will sum up the match in one sentence "Just never looked like scoring"  and that's against an Aberdeen team that's hardly kept a clean sheet this season.

Hardly took a touch in the first 6 or 7 minutes of the match and that basically set the tone for the match.  We need to start on the front foot.  The only time I can remember us actually doing that was against Livingston when we had a good win.

We weren't abysmal bad today but it was all a bit tepid and at home we should be setting the tempo, not sitting off teams.  We've seen it so many times this season and you know what, if you do that you don't win.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

It’s the inconsistencies with VAR and refereeing decisions that is most frustrating. What you see pulled back one week is let go the next. It’s just scunnering.

That said we were awful today. Flat, ineffective, weak in midfield and conceded a poor goal. Just so depressingly predictable.

Agreed both teams were wrotten today but this should have been a draw. Refereeing in this tin pot league is actually embarassing.

Disappointing, but not surprising result. Beforehand, I had this down as a stick on draw. The warning signs were there on Wednesday evening at Dundee when the home side threw the kitchen sink at the Dons and scrambled a win through a penalty. Still, the coming break will give us the opportunity to get a few injured lads back fit (and also to pick up more injuries in training).

Disappointing to hear of dubious refereeing & VAR but to be fair its not common to get much in the way of decisions against Aberdeen.  Dundee stole our good luck in midweek. 6 second half subs equates to 3 minutes added on time taking nothing else into account.

Our starting midfield did look a bit lightweight and, like Grizzly, was surprised at Davor's omission. Maybe he wasn't fit or we just assumed Aberdeen would roll over in midfield. Who knows. 

At the end of the season we may view today's result somewhat differently.

It wasn't the fact we were playing a team in turmoil that worried me,it was more that we are rank rotten every time there's an extended break after our last game and today was no exception.i thought we got the team selection wrong today,the sooner this season is over with the better.