The new CEO speaks

SteelmaninOZ

My quick summary:

1. I enjoyed his brutally honest initial assessment of everything being a bit disjointed in terms of the Club, staff, fans, and Well Society.
  2. It was interesting to hear his comments on not interfering in recruitment, but disappointing to learn that Daws is still kicking around.
  3. I guess it was sensible that he was asked to contact the US-based investor once he was identified as the preferred candidate and before he took the post. It was also good to hear that the investor has spoken to the Well Society. 
  4. I like that he's stood his ground and told the SPFL they cannot dictate what happens should the Dundee game be called off. TL;DR - it's Dundee's fault, and Motherwell shouldn't suffer. 

42 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I like that he's stood his ground and told the SPFL they cannot dictate what happens should the Dundee game be called off. TL;DR - it's Dundee's fault, and Motherwell shouldn't suffer. 

I like that too, but of course the SPFL can dictate what happens if the Dundee game is off in much the same way they ignored Motherwell and Ranger's protests over the rescheduling of our game at Christmas.

19 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I like that too, but of course the SPFL can dictate what happens if the Dundee game is off in much the same way they ignored Motherwell and Ranger's protests over the rescheduling of our game at Christmas.

They can bugger about with dates, but can they order a game be played at an alternative venue or behind closed doors as a result of a postponement? Those would clearly be punative measures and surely open to legal action from either or both sides.

27 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You're right, although I have a feeling he’d make them regret the decision should they force us into a closed-door game. He seems strong-minded and capable, and taking such a stance would immediately get him on the side of the fans. 

Very impressed with his interview and won't take any nonsense.  Maybe having someone with no affiliation to the club will be good. Burrows done a lot of good things but maybe being a huge well fan in a strange way worked against him as he wanted to be everyones pal

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Very impressed with his interview and won't take any nonsense.  Maybe having someone with no affiliation to the club will be good. Burrows done a lot of good things but maybe being a huge well fan in a strange way worked against him as he wanted to be everyones pal

Oh Aye and he’s carrying on the good work with Aberdeen now. Where are they in the league again. After just a year there as well.

• Like 1

It's great to see him standing up for our position against the SPFL regarding the Dundee game. 

It's night and day from Burrows changing a fixture at short notice to suit Rangers and Neil Doncaster a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

They can bugger about with dates, but can they order a game be played at an alternative venue or behind closed doors as a result of a postponement? Those would clearly be punative measures and surely open to legal action from either or both sides.

Dundee playing Rangers on the Wed so no danger would they "want" to play us on Monday surely?

Canny mind if there's a precident in playing a match past the last scheduled game Sunday week?

New CEO: only 4 days in so steep learning curve in determining what's his priorities but don't think he'll be hiring a bus to take team to Airdrie on Monday.

13 minutes ago, mcguru said:

Dundee playing Rangers on the Wed so no danger would they "want" to play us on Monday surely?

Canny mind if there's a precident in playing a match past the last scheduled game Sunday week?

New CEO: only 4 days in so steep learning curve in determining what's his priorities but don't think he'll be hiring a bus to take team to Airdrie on Monday.

Yeah, it's a tricky one. Like you say, Dundee surely won't fancy 2 games in 4 days (if the SPFL can actually order the match be played elsewhere on Sunday) and Hibs might well object to it being played after their last fixture (if it leaves Dundee knowing exactly what they need to get into the top 6). Then there's us.

One thing you can pretty much guarantee - when the authorities are faced with a tricky situation, they'll come up with the most lamebrained solution imaginable.

If the game is postponed that will be their 5th home game and given that they only play 19 league games at home that’s 25% so far and that could still rise.
It appears to me that they priorities wages for players over making the park up to standard and as such should be punished either financially, point reduction or both. 

3 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

If the game is postponed that will be their 5th home game and given that they only play 19 league games at home that’s 25% so far and that could still rise.
It appears to me that they priorities wages for players over making the park up to standard and as such should be punished either financially, point reduction or both. 

They should also be under the gun to get it fixed for next season. 

14 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

This. Falkirk all over again. 

14 hours ago, smiddy said:

ffs man is this answer to stupid,   pitch off morra,    fixture reversed game now at fir park sunday 3 pm   simpleeeeees

And just to keep SPFL sweet Motherwell to play in our away kit and Dundee in their home kit……:doh:

5 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

And just to keep SPFL sweet Motherwell to play in our away kit and Dundee in their home kit……:doh:

Not so sure that's anything to do with the SPFL. I'm sure we're contracted to wear the various kits we have a certain number of times per season, no?