Motherwell v Hibernian 13/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Two dud teams with something to play for today but neither turned up. No surprises there. A draw was a fair result in the end and neither team deserved to finish in the top 6. 

8 league wins in 33. Crap. 

We were utter shite start to finish. Hibs deserved to win. That said they get a small amount of credit for fighting spirit. However for the umpteenth time this season that displays shows why a big clear out in the summer is required. That squad will always shoot ourselves in the foot.  The point Dundee got makes Oli Shaws miss utterly irrelevant so no point dwelling on it, just get him to fuck in the summer along with a few others. Tear up Halliday's agreement tomorrow. Lennon Miller was awful but he young he's entitled to an odd off game and I suspect he will be away in the Summer anyway. Kelly redeemed himself from last week but this team is still basically cack.

** and being a parochial football fan if the achievement is beyond my own team the next best thing is fucking up someone elses team 

36 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Two dud teams with something to play for today but neither turned up. No surprises there. A draw was a fair result in the end and neither team deserved to finish in the top 6. 

8 league wins in 33. Crap. 

We all thought the same today till we looked at the league tables and realised we're no different to all the teams round about us.

Hibs won 9

Mwell won 8

St J won 7

Ross Co won 6

Puts it into a bit of perspective 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

People have been talking up O'Donnell. Against Livi he kicked it to no one and they broke and scored. At Ibrox he dived in and gave away a penalty. Versus St Mirren he was supposed to be marking Fraser who scored then today he kicks it to into the middle of the park to no one then 30 seconds later gives away a crazy penalty. 

He's probably a top earner as well. Get shot.

Now either O'Donnell has slept with someone close to you or he owes you money. There's been several players this season made mistakes, but they don't seem to get the Steelboy yir shite patter. As for yir kicking into the middle of the park comment, I suppose you would have brought it down in the swirling wind and played an inch perfect pass to a forward, Though not!!!! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, santheman said:

We all thought the same today till we looked at the league tables and realised we're no different to all the teams round about us.

Hibs won 9

Mwell won 8

St J won 7

Ross Co won 6

Puts it into a bit of perspective 

The number of defeats across the league adds more perspective. Barring a total collapse in our final 5, this season will see the fewest number of defeats since we finished 3rd. 

• Like 1

I was keeping hopes alive of a top 6 but like a few have said we really don’t deserve it as the table shows .

agree with comments re spittal and any other player we know won’t be around - it’s time to rest them. It’s not that they’ve downed tools but we can now use the time wisely to test out players who we may want around and also give some of the younger players some game time . 

I have empathy for SOD . He’s been a target for many since the day he joined , like everyone in our squad he has flaws and makes mistakes but he gets singled out more than most.

That being said we should look to the future and can’t see him and a few others being first team starters.

16 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I was keeping hopes alive of a top 6 but like a few have said we really don’t deserve it as the table shows .

agree with comments re spittal and any other player we know won’t be around - it’s time to rest them. It’s not that they’ve downed tools but we can now use the time wisely to test out players who we may want around and also give some of the younger players some game time . 

I have empathy for SOD . He’s been a target for many since the day he joined , like everyone in our squad he has flaws and makes mistakes but he gets singled out more than most.

That being said we should look to the future and can’t see him and a few others being first team starters.

I'd give Spittal another game before making the decision to rest him. Agree re SOD

31 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

they don't seem to get the Steelboy yir shite patter.

You can add in the penalty away to St Mirren and the second goal at Tynecastle to his list of recent cock ups. He's by far the worst for big mistakes out of all the outfield players. 

Him and Kelly need to go.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

You can add in the penalty away to St Mirren and the second goal at Tynecastle to his list of recent cock ups. He's by far the worst for big mistakes out of all the outfield players. 

I think Bevis can be very hit and miss. When he's on form he's great. I think SOD and Kelly will go. I thought Kelly was v decent today 

Just now, wellgirl said:

I think Bevis can be very hit and miss. When he's on form he's great. I think SOD and Kelly will go. I thought Kelly was v decent today 

He was but if he is , as reported the highest earner at the club , he can be replaced with less financial outlay for the same kind of return . Not a patch on the keeper he was two seasons ago..

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

He was but if he is , as reported the highest earner at the club , he can be replaced with less financial outlay for the same kind of return . Not a patch on the keeper he was two seasons ago..

I got pretty much rinsed for suggesting that Kelly was the highest paid player we have 😂. I agree but I'll be sorry to see him go if he does go all the same 

7 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I got pretty much rinsed for suggesting that Kelly was the highest paid player we have 😂. I agree but I'll be sorry to see him go if he does go all the same 

He is one of our top paid players.

It is what it is that poor spell we had for months right upto new year is what caused this it's a bit of a kick in the teeth how easy top 6 was get it was more than achievable in my eyes.

On a good note if Oli Shaw had scored that near the end he probably would have secured a two year deal!So thank feck he missed cause it didn't matter a hoot!

3 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

It is what it is that poor spell we had for months right upto new year is what caused this it's a bit of a kick in the teeth how easy top 6 was get it was more than achievable in my eyes.

If Robinson hadn't put a hit out on Mika's knee we would have made it. 

He's a scummy snake but he's good at it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There you go, same patter, so we've only lost about 3 goals due to SODs, thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

If Robinson hadn't put a hit out on Mika's knee we would have made it. 

He's a scummy snake but he's good at it. 

Don't think we can blame that on Robbo.. But I honestly despise St Midden and hope they get pumped out of Europe at the first opportunity. Fuck Charles Dunne though. 

21 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'd give Spittal another game before making the decision to rest him. Agree re SOD

He wont give us much in case he gets injured for his new team. Why do you think hes been playing well for just the last few months ,like a lot of players up their game in last months of their last season . Once he's got his move signed up he's on holiday mode . Pre contracts are a shite idea , but they probably have always been there in the back ground in some form or another for years just no offically signed