Hibernian v Motherwell 15/05/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Right folks, it's been a bad night and shouldn't be losing heavily to that mob....but our previous games were 4-1 and 5-1.  We ain't going to win every week. 

We win a game and never praise for Kettlewell but every time we lose then he must go!!

Roll on Saturday and keep the faith

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Anyway if things stay as they are St Johnstone are going into the play offs  and Motherwell can fling on as many youth players as they like on Sunday... If some people want it 

We cannot afford to do that. 8th spot  was always going to be difficult to achieve, but is now effectively gone. If we play as we did tonight, on Sunday, then serious questions could be asked of us by the SPFL and Ross County. We have to try to be competitive against St Johnstone on Sunday. Yes, our season is now over, but we have to make a effort on Sunday. Put the deckchairs and beachballs away for a few hours longer. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan97 said:

Bair to score which sends St Johnstone into the playoffs would be fantastic.

Think that Aberdeen will beat County which means St Johnstone need to beat us to stay up 

• Like 1

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

We cannot afford to do that. 8th spot  was always going to be difficult to achieve, but is now effectively gone. If we play as we did tonight, on Sunday, then serious questions could be asked of us by the SPFL and Ross County. We have to try to be competitive against St Johnstone on Sunday. Yes, our season is now over, but we have to make a effort on Sunday. Put the deckchairs and beachballs away for a few hours longer. 

I did say in other posts I think we shouldn't fling on the youth. Agree. We need to chase 8th 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Think that Aberdeen will beat County which means St Johnstone need to beat us to stay up 

All of our games against St Johnstone have been draws and we've went behind in all 3 so far so we can't let that happen since they'll be right up for it (so should we). 

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Hopefully that will add a few to the away gate on Sunday. 

My brother and I disagree over everything football 😂. He's just texted me to say he thinks it's County for the win but absolutely St Johnstone need to beat us so as you say they might bring a decent travelling support 

We should play our strongest possible team against st johnstone and look to finish the season on a positive note and at the same time leave that jambo scroat levein in the play off spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfc said:

We should play our strongest possible team against st johnstone and look to finish the season on a positive note and at the same time leave that jambo scroat levein in the play off spot.

I agree 

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Actually it is effectively gone unless Livi win. So it probably wouldn't matter what team we put out on Sunday. I don't think that Motherwell would ever go out and play shit to help another team. If we play shit it's because we are shit in my view 

Seriously Ross County can get in the bin. If they end up in the play off spot it's got nothing to do with us. It's to do with how rotten they've been all season. Ditto St Johnstone 

All County need to do is win at the weekend. It's up to them 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Actually it is effectively gone unless Livi win. So it probably wouldn't matter what team we put out on Sunday. I don't think that Motherwell would ever go out and play shit to help another team. If we play shit it's because we are shit in my view 

It boils down to sporting integrity. Ok they might not go out with the intention of helping the opposition but if the team takes the view that the season is over; some players  who are moving on want to avoid injury; we field a weakened team; and others hit the beach  What then? We will be under scrutiny. 

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

It boils down to sporting integrity. Ok they might not go out with the intention of helping the opposition but if the team takes the view that the season is over; some players  who are moving on want to avoid injury; we field a weakened team; and others hit the beach  What then? We will be under scrutiny. 

I don't think Kettlewell will field a weakened team on any level. 

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

I don't think Kettlewell will field a weakened team on any level. 

Kelly

SOD.    Casey.   Butcher.  Gent

Nicholson. Miller.  Davor.  Spittal

Vale.        Bair

When three up fling on some young boys and see if they are up to standard.

4 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Kelly

SOD.    Casey.   Butcher.  Gent

Nicholson. Miller.  Davor.  Spittal

Vale.        Bair

When three up fling on some young boys and see if they are up to standard.

That's assuming we will be 3 up 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Right folks, it's been a bad night and shouldn't be losing heavily to that mob....but our previous games were 4-1 and 5-1.  We ain't going to win every week. 

We win a game and never praise for Kettlewell but every time we lose then he must go!!

Roll on Saturday and keep the faith

you are right we can win them all  but I dont care how anyone dresses it up that squad will always  keep us fighting down at the wrong end of the table. Fundamental changes need to be made in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Tonight was a timely reminder,if indeed any was required, that the defence and defensive midfield will require major surgery in the summer. 

100% correct some of our results do blind folk to the fact we are a pretty ordinary bordering on poor team. That squad will always fall to the kind of levels seen tonight. 

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

100% correct some of our results do blind folk to the fact we are a pretty ordinary bordering on poor team. That squad will always fall to the kind of levels seen tonight. 

I don't think we are poor but there obviously will be a huge rebuild in the summer. I think we are a team that can compete with anyone on our day and that's always been the case. 

8 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

SK said tonight, in his post match comments, that we were not aggressive enough off the ball. Thats been our problem all season long - giving opponents too much time and space on the ball.