Hibernian v Motherwell 15/05/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Right folks, it's been a bad night and shouldn't be losing heavily to that mob....but our previous games were 4-1 and 5-1.  We ain't going to win every week. 

We win a game and never praise for Kettlewell but every time we lose then he must go!!

Roll on Saturday and keep the faith

I'll always give any manager credit when they deserve it. Been watching Motherwell too long to do otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

you are right we can win them all  but I dont care how anyone dresses it up that squad will always  keep us fighting down at the wrong end of the table. Fundamental changes need to be made in the summer. 

Can't argue pal, major overhaul needed and SK needs to get this transfer window right.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I don't think Kettlewell will field a weakened team on any level. 

Just the usual shite one ☺ 

11 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

Have you enjoyed this season, how many guys has he signed that haven’t seen out the season, excluding Biereth as he has moved to a better club.

Biereth moving to Strum Graz, how is that Kettlewells fault ffs, he has developed Bair, and to some extent Spittal their goals have kept us up this year, brought in Vale and Gent who have been great so SK has done very well.

Other players like Souare, Obilye, Wilkinson etc were no doubt short term low cost, low risk punts to the club so he can't be blamed for those not working out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

The shite one that beat Livi 4-1 and County 5-1?

That’s right u pick and chose yer games just think about the rubbish we have watched all season . Big rebuild required let’s see if the manager can build a team with his selection of players , i see already Rooney has signed for Robinson 

Just getting round to posting as it was a late one getting back to Ayrshire last night. Shoulda probably stayed at home.

Game had that end of season feel to it from both teams. Not much in it for the first 30 mins. Hibs had more possession, we created the better chances. Kelly had nothing to do until Boyles 2 efforts. 

The game changes on the penalty decision and for the life of me I cant understand how the ref can give that. SOD is so close to the player playing the ball and his hand is in an entirely natural position. Its just wrong. Even with the new rules.

After that they got their heads up and started causing us more problems. The second and third goals are the kind of thing we have been giving away all season and so disappointing we cant seem to find a way of changing that.

We did play some decent football second half. Bringing Paton on for Halliday helped as the game was bypassing him again. He really needs to consider whether he has any top flight football in him next season.

Id like to see the Bair goal again. It was a smart finish and I wasnt sure which player was flagged offside or whether they were even active.

That might have made a difference with 25 to go, but it wasnt to be.

The game petered out after that and we ultimately got what we deserved for not being at it in the first half.

Big changes required in the close season. Hope the manager has his list of targets ready to go as we are gonna need fresh faces if we want to improve on this season.

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We cannot afford to do that. 8th spot  was always going to be difficult to achieve, but is now effectively gone. If we play as we did tonight, on Sunday, then serious questions could be asked of us by the SPFL and Ross County. We have to try to be competitive against St Johnstone on Sunday. Yes, our season is now over, but we have to make a effort on Sunday. Put the deckchairs and beachballs away for a few hours longer. 

Is that not an argument for only fielding contracted players next Sunday. That could include a few youngsters eagre to impress? Personally Id love to see Luca Ross get a free hit to see what he can do.

25 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Is that not an argument for only fielding contracted players next Sunday. That could include a few youngsters eagre to impress? Personally Id love to see Luca Ross get a free hit to see what he can do.

Conflicting issues here. For us there's nothing at stake, bar professional pride and finishing the season on a high for the fans. Maybe give some youngsters a bit of gametime? Against that there's a need to stay competitive and fulfil the fixture properly, with sporting integrity. SK and SF will know individual players' frame of mind and yes there's the issue of not picking those who are moving on. 

For my part I hope we go out to win the game, starting with our strongest line up. .

• Like 1

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Conflicting issues here. For us there's nothing at stake, bar professional pride and finishing the season on a high for the fans. Maybe give some youngsters a bit of gametime? Against that there's a need to stay competitive and fulfil the fixture properly, with sporting integrity. SK and SF will know individual players' frame of mind and yes there's the issue of not picking those who are moving on. 

For my part I hope we go out to win the game, starting with our strongest line up. .

Thats my argument. 

You could question how competetive we were last night. Certainly first half.

Not advocating a team full of youngsters but 1 or 2 eagre to please could be justified, I think.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We did play some decent football second half. Bringing Paton on for Halliday helped as the game was bypassing him again. He really needs to consider whether he has any top flight football in him next season.

You'd like to think that a top-flight manager would consider that before signing a player on a PCA without seeing them perform on their initial loan spell first, but I guess it's a bit too late for that now. 

Tl;dr - all evidence points to Halliday being past it at this level, yet we've signed him anyway.

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Just getting round to posting as it was a late one getting back to Ayrshire last night. Shoulda probably stayed at home.

Game had that end of season feel to it from both teams. Not much in it for the first 30 mins. Hibs had more possession, we created the better chances. Kelly had nothing to do until Boyles 2 efforts. 

The game changes on the penalty decision and for the life of me I cant understand how the ref can give that. SOD is so close to the player playing the ball and his hand is in an entirely natural position. Its just wrong. Even with the new rules.

After that they got their heads up and started causing us more problems. The second and third goals are the kind of thing we have been giving away all season and so disappointing we cant seem to find a way of changing that.

Id like to see the Bair goal again. It was a smart finish and I wasnt sure which player was flagged offside or whether they were even active.

That might have made a difference with 25 to go, but it wasnt to be.

The game petered out after that and we ultimately got what we deserved for not being at it in the first half.

Big changes required in the close season. Hope the manager has his list of targets ready to go as we are gonna need fresh faces if we want to improve on this season.

Player who passed to Bair was off, Miller I think

57 minutes ago, wellfan said:

You'd like to think that a top-flight manager would consider that before signing a player on a PCA without seeing them perform on their initial loan spell first, but I guess it's a bit too late for that now. 

Tl;dr - all evidence points to Halliday being past it at this level, yet we've signed him anyway.

He does seem to have a real blindspot judging players on their fitness. Halliday looks more like a guy you'd see smoking a snout outside a bookies than a professional footballer yet we gave him an 18 month deal. Wilkinson, Obika, Halliday and Soare were all miles off it when Kettlewell signed them. 

First time we've conceded three goals in a league game since Celtic put three past us on February 25th, and we're eleven points clear of the playoffs. 

Not the best season by any stretch, but I'll take it. 

Next season will be interesting. Some wholesale changes look like they're on the cards.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, David said:

First time we've conceded three goals in a league game since Celtic put three past us on February 25th, and we're eleven points clear of the playoffs. 

Not the best season by any stretch, but I'll take it. 

Next season will be interesting. Some wholesale changes look like they're on the cards.

7 times in all we have gave up at least 3 goals but only beat in 3 of them

Celtic you mentioned 

County in possibly our worst game

Aberdeen at home 2-4 unfortunately only game I was at this season. 

Four 3-3 games

QOS, County, Dundee and Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

3 clean sheets all season is a concern.  We need a big dominating centre half big time 

We all know where the issues are,  for me keeper who commands his area, 2 centre half's, and a holding midfielder, would be the priority as a minimum.

And bring greedy a decent goalscorer to play up front with the Bair, it's not much to ask really.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We all know where the issues are,  for me keeper who commands his area, 2 centre half's, and a holding midfielder, would be the priority as a minimum.

And bring greedy a decent goalscorer to play up front with the Bair, it's not much to ask really.

Is Greedy the name of the striker we are scouting? 🤣🤣

I think Moses could be good partbe4 but only if played as an out and out penalty box striker

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Is Greedy the name of the striker we are scouting? 🤣🤣

I think Moses could be good partbe4 but only if played as an out and out penalty box striker

Predictive text is a bitch at times "being Greedy" 😁

9 hours ago, wellfan said:

Well we are led to believe that.

But we dont actually know what the detail of the years extension in the contract says and who it favours.

We can but hope.

10 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Player who passed to Bair was off, Miller I think

Have another look. The ball to Miller, who was offside, came from a Hibs player therefore he was onside. If only we had something like VAR where it could be checked. 

4 hours ago, brainier said:

Have another look. The ball to Miller, who was offside, came from a Hibs player therefore he was onside. If only we had something like VAR where it could be checked. 

I didn’t think so but I’ll need to have another look.