O when the saints go marching down 

O when the saints go marching down 

They will go down in there numbers 

O when the saints go marching down 🎶

Or ...I'm Levein....on a jet plane 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Motherwell Vs St Johnstone 19/05/24

I'd bring back Davor and Paton, in some formation, for this one as we're going to need bite, energy and aggression in midfield.  Qualities that were sadly lacking last night. 

They might not be the best team in the league but the farmers will be up for this one. We must match that spirit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Colin Steven is the referee for this one, he was brutal in the two matches he covered this season. 

That assessment pretty much covers all of the referees in Scotland.

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

Colin Steven is the referee for this one, he was brutal in the two matches he covered this season. 

I think he and Craig Napier are probably the worst 2 Ive seen this season.

Edit: Although Collum was absolutely honking in the second half of the last Aberdeen home game.

3 hours ago, pretzel said:

What have we done to deserve this :( This means 7 yellow cards for seemingly innocuous challenges for us, 0 given to St J for committing several two footed challenges. If we're really lucky 2 Saints players will collide in to each other and he'll book our entire coaching staff

57 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The biggest problem about being a ref is that the people smart enough to be good ones are smart enough to never to be one in the current environment.

I think too many of them work in "day jobs" where they don't have to explain or account for their decisions, so they can't ever admit to making mistakes.

A typically street-wise St Johnstone under Levein's cynical control  will find it all too easy to con the ref with their play-acting and time-wasting while I fear  little will be done about their "robust" takling. If they score first these tactics will only increase and we will find it hard to turn things around. Conversely, if Slattery were playing for us on Saturday I doubt he's last the 90 minutes, given the referee we've been assigned.

These end of season games worry me when the majority of the players in claret and amber on the pitch on Saturday will not be here next year and also  may be concerned about picking up an injury which could affect their career at a new club. Mind you, going into a tackle without full commitment can often  be dangerous.

Of course, I suppose one solution is to not bother tackling at all..........😱.

I'm just glad we're safe and aren't having to rely on loanees and PCAs geting us out of relegation/play-offs danger.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

These end of season games worry me when the majority of the players in claret and amber on the pitch on Saturday will not be here next year and also  may be concerned about picking up an injury which could affect their career at a new club. Mind you, going into a tackle without full commitment can often  be dangerous.

Spittal has that one figured out. He's not made a tackle since the start of March. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Spittal has that one figured out. He's not made a tackle since the start of March. 

That's why you need Slattery beside him. It's all about the balance. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, David said:

It'll be a game we can all enjoy without worrying about the result. If someone had told me that earlier in the season, I'd have taken it.

Considering some had us already relegated back in January I'm with you.

Better than being a Saints or County fan.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That's why you need Slattery beside him. It's all about the balance. 

Exactly: very rare to get the complete midfielder and almost impossible at our level unless we find and   bring them on ourselves. Someone with awareness and a range of passing, a box-to-box "good engine" player and a midfield assassin are what most teams at our level would like, with perhaps some overlap.

Actually, the more I see of Billy Bremner in those old YT vids, the more I admire him.