stv Posted August 16 Report Share Posted August 16 12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said: Typing girdwood-reich...knight-lebel and charles-cooke takes ages 🤣🤣 Copy n paste. Copy n paste. 🙄 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 I don't expect us to get anything from either tie, but hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves and at least make a game of it. Get a good result at home and who knows what can happen? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kmcalpin Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 For me, the positives of this tie are the cash generated through the gate and possibly German TV money; seeing a team like Freiburg at Fir Park; and giving the players more experience. Results wise being realistic, its a case of damage limitation and AJ knows that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellfan Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 If AJ sets us up similarly to the Stenny game and the players perform as poorly as they did yesterday, we should expect to be embarrassed on Thursday. But if he sets us up as close to the Helsinki game as possible and those players reproduce that performance, I’d expect us to do well. No fear. Although I suspect yesterday’s embarrassment, coupled with the additional exertions of extra time on a plastic shithole, has taken the wind out of the sails of most of the players. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MJC Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 0-5 pumping. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 This game totally different from Sunday. Over 10,000 i reckon, a proper pitch and big guns back in starting line-up. We need to create a brilliant atmosphere and get right behind AJ and the lads. We know this is a massive gulf in class but would be great if we could avoid defeat. Freiburg not played competitive game yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mio Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said: For me, the positives of this tie are the cash generated through the gate and possibly German TV money; seeing a team like Freiburg at Fir Park; and giving the players more experience. Results wise being realistic, its a case of damage limitation and AJ knows that. Agree totally. itd be nice to keep the score respectable over the two legs and give a good account of ourselves both on and off the park. i do have hope that because Freiburg are at the end of their pre season they may take this game as a pre season friendly and we might catch them off guard at fir park but they are German at the end of the day… as professionals go, you don’t get better. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stuwell2 Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 2 hours ago, wellfan said: If AJ sets us up similarly to the Stenny game and the players perform as poorly as they did yesterday, we should expect to be embarrassed on Thursday. But if he sets us up as close to the Helsinki game as possible and those players reproduce that performance, I’d expect us to do well. No fear. Although I suspect yesterday’s embarrassment, coupled with the additional exertions of extra time on a plastic shithole, has taken the wind out of the sails of most of the players. There’s no way he’ll set up anything like the Stenny game, the 8 dropped players for a start will be back if fit so a different game all together. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mio Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 Rumour going about that Sparrow broke a bone in his spine. how worse is this injury situation going to get. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 6 minutes ago, mio said: Rumour going about that Sparrow broke a bone in his spine. how worse is this injury situation going to get. Horrendous list. Can understand fully why AJ rotated team yesterday 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mio Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 We have a full squad of first team players crocked. I’ve never seen it as bad in 50 years watching Motherwell. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
steelman1991 Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 Strange sight looking into the O'Donnell Stand and see 2 rows of guys sitting in training gear. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 13 hours ago, stv said: Copy n paste. Copy n paste. 🙄 Ahhh...like i do with my jokes? 🤣🤣 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 2 minutes ago, steelman1991 said: Strange sight looking into the O'Donnell Stand and see 2 rows of guys sitting in training gear. And injuring themselves even more on the new seats. 🤣 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
steelman1991 Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 That reaction I think is first - don't go making a habit of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 If we weren't required to have 3 keepers in the squad I'd be half expecting Connelly to make an appearance at centre-mid. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Motherwell Daft Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 I think for this game if we can field as many of our first choice players as possible (I’m sure AJ will) with selected youngsters like Whyte available off the bench and try and put up a great show at Fir Park against admittedly a vastly superior opposition in all positions then with a 10,000 crowd behind the team we always have the chance of a result. At the end of the day even the best sides on paper loose to supposed minnows, (Stenny game a prime example) I’d take a draw but I’m hopeful of a victory to take to Germany with a new striker (Best things come to those who wait…) to get a run out next week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 Wonder if an AJ tactic or just coincidence but I don't like us attacking away end 2nd half. Maybe selfish as I sit nearer home end but I wonder why we have started doing that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 1 hour ago, grizzlyg said: Wonder if an AJ tactic or just coincidence but I don't like us attacking away end 2nd half. Maybe selfish as I sit nearer home end but I wonder why we have started doing that Away team tactics when they win the toss, surely. Rarely happens, but one or two Premiership teams did the same thing against us last season. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wunderwell Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 4 hours ago, grizzlyg said: Wonder if an AJ tactic or just coincidence but I don't like us attacking away end 2nd half. Maybe selfish as I sit nearer home end but I wonder why we have started doing that There will be someone with some statistics but I think 60% of goals of FP come at that end. There you go, I've hung my hat on this made up stat. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 34 minutes ago, wunderwell said: There will be someone with some statistics but I think 60% of goals of FP come at that end. There you go, I've hung my hat on this made up stat. You had me convinced 🤣🤣 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kmcalpin Posted August 17 Report Share Posted August 17 Mybe a paper exercise, but our submitted list for Thursday's game is a little more optimistic as it includes Sods, Williams, Thor and Ap Stam. Priestman and Sparrow also on it as well Hodge. How fit some of these players are is another matter entirely of course. Still its a step in the right direction. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stuwell2 Posted August 18 Report Share Posted August 18 Since the latest we can change the list is Thursday morning, I’d imagine that some on the list won’t be fit for Thursday but might be fit enough for the following Thursday and are added for that reason. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HanoMaSano Posted August 18 Report Share Posted August 18 Any of the resident expats know if the SolidSport stream will be available in Australia, or whether it's geo-blocked? Have some folk down there wanting to tune in on Thursday. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SteelmaninOZ Posted August 18 Report Share Posted August 18 19 minutes ago, HanoMaSano said: Any of the resident expats know if the SolidSport stream will be available in Australia, or whether it's geo-blocked? Have some folk down there wanting to tune in on Thursday. I am in Australia and will watching the game live on Friday morning on the English coverage on SolidSport 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.