joewarkfanclub Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 14 minutes ago, wellfan said: Is it just me, or does Alfred rarely offer anything particularly insightful? At best, he’s descriptive of the obvious, and at worst, he repeatedly highlights our specific weaknesses across the park, effectively handing the opposition a free playbook. He’s nowhere near Kettlewell levels of verbose crap, but I still often come away wondering whether he’s actually said anything that couldn’t have been covered in three minutes. And that’s fair enough, I suppose. Maybe I’m being overly negative, but we need to start seeing some tangible results from whatever it is he’s trying to implement, and I hope we see some of that on Sunday. To be fair, when you get asked whether you are worried that the fans will not love you as much because the previous manager was better looking than you, Im not sure where he has to go! 😍😍😍 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grizzlyg Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said: To be fair, when you get asked whether you are worried that the fans will not love you as much because the previous manager was better looking than you, Im not sure where he has to go! 😍😍😍 Alfred got a better heid of hair than Jens though 🤣🤣 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weeyin Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 28 minutes ago, wellfan said: Is it just me, or does Alfred rarely offer anything particularly insightful? At best, he’s descriptive of the obvious, and at worst, he repeatedly highlights our specific weaknesses across the park, effectively handing the opposition a free playbook. He’s nowhere near Kettlewell levels of verbose crap, but I still often come away wondering whether he’s actually said anything that couldn’t have been covered in three minutes. And that’s fair enough, I suppose. Maybe I’m being overly negative, but we need to start seeing some tangible results from whatever it is he’s trying to implement, and I hope we see some of that on Sunday. You need insightful questions for that to happen. He did make some interesting comments about the central defenders, and our sixes and tens, but the journos were more interested in looking for inflammatory quotes they could print about Celtic being poor. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
well_said Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 4 hours ago, grizzlyg said: A last minute handball penalty winner for us would be lovely We dont have a referee in this country with the nuts to give that. They are all either corrupt or shitebags. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellfan Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said: To be fair, when you get asked whether you are worried that the fans will not love you as much because the previous manager was better looking than you, Im not sure where he has to go! 😍😍😍 🤣🤣🤣 2 hours ago, weeyin said: You need insightful questions for that to happen. He did make some interesting comments about the central defenders, and our sixes and tens, but the journos were more interested in looking for inflammatory quotes they could print about Celtic being poor. I guess you may be right, as that was a dreadful interview from the pretend journos. It’s all just feeling a bit uninspiring at the moment. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FirParkCornerExile Posted 51 minutes ago Report Share Posted 51 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, wellfan said: 🤣🤣🤣 I guess you may be right, as that was a dreadful interview from the pretend journos. It’s all just feeling a bit uninspiring at the moment. Id suggest you go back and look at the interviews under JBA, they were no different. I stopped listening to them because of the banal, same repetitive pish the Jourmos asked. Even JBA looked totally bored with them at times. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
joewarkfanclub Posted 40 minutes ago Report Share Posted 40 minutes ago 14 minutes ago, wellfan said: I guess you may be right, as that was a dreadful interview from the pretend journos. It’s all just feeling a bit uninspiring at the moment. I think there is a general malaise right now because the sexy possession football stuff has been shown to be fallable. The overall feeling hasnt been helped by the fact that the SFA went down that route with Poconogli and the start he has had has been less than inspiring. Of course this totally feeds into our media machine and their old pals network of dinosaurs who are desperate to show that "Scottish Players Canny Play that way" Willie Miller on Sportsound on Tuesday night was a case in point. I did listen to The Hampden Roar Podcast today though and they had the Raith Rovers analyst on who has his A Licence and he was very much of the opinion that decent players of all levels can be coached to play this way and it just needs a bit of time on the training pitch. Hopefully we see an improvement on Sunday and, if Alfred is to be believed, the other side of the November break will be the time to truly judge him and this Motherwell team. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wellsince75 Posted just now Report Share Posted just now 59 minutes ago, wellfan said: 🤣🤣🤣 I guess you may be right, as that was a dreadful interview from the pretend journos. It’s all just feeling a bit uninspiring at the moment. I want to warm to him and don't dislike him . Similar to your earlier post I couldn't and didn't listen to all 14 mins of the pre match. Much could have been covered in a few mins or give me the highlights of the conversation. Partly because the questions aren't great and partly because there wasn't that much content. But without wanting to ripped apart here. - I don't find him that engaging and if I was a player listening every day I don't think I'd he'd fire me up. That doesn't mean he won't do well etc , more of an observation at this stage. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.